Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39858 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #360 on: June 16, 2010, 03:54:08 am »

Is there a list of diseases and what they do?
I think I got the leopracy disease because I am just traveling and my leg falls off. No joke, my Left Leg just comes off. So I picked it up and it is now my backup throwing weapon(I have 37 Throwing Spears).

Hahahah.

Adventurer: Dum di dum di dum, what a nice cav- *plop* OH MY GAWD MY LEG!

Uh, but, I don't know... necrosis ate away your joint and everything that connected that leg with the rest? Never saw/heard about such... occurence myself.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #361 on: June 16, 2010, 05:29:55 am »

I never had a disease in adventure mode. As far as I know, a unit can be infected if he/she /it has open wound or intaken something contaminated.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 16, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »

I think I got the leopracy disease because I am just traveling and my leg falls off. No joke, my Left Leg just comes off. So I picked it up and it is now my backup throwing weapon(I have 37 Throwing Spears).
Adventurer: Dum di dum di dum, what a nice cav- *plop* OH MY GAWD MY LEG!
More like,

Adventurer:*whistling the Dwarven Smithing Anthem* Why do I feel like I am hopping? Oh Armok were did my leg go? There it is, must, hop, to, it. Is that 24 Troggies? Ah this will be difficult...
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 16, 2010, 07:06:54 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Syndrome
Oh, your leg fell off? Congratulations! you've got severe NECROSIS!

Welcome to the wonderful world of hurt, courtesy of DF's syndrome system. The wiki has a list of possible ailments (and their effects) that may befall you as you fight random beasties.

And if you can/want to...you could even add them to existing enemies in your world! Want to make goblins breathe paralysing, fever inducing gas? Giving wolf bites the ability to make you cough out blood? Follow the instructions and let the poison spread!

[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Syndrome
Oh, your leg fell off? Congratulations! you've got severe NECROSIS!

Welcome to the wonderful world of hurt, courtesy of DF's syndrome system. The wiki has a list of possible ailments (and their effects) that may befall you as you fight random beasties.

And if you can/want to...you could even add them to existing enemies in your world! Want to make goblins breathe paralyzing, fever inducing gas? Giving wolf bites the ability to make you cough out blood? Follow the instructions and let the poison spread!
Good, only I am playing Deon's mod and IDK what would give me that.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

granzteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Humans think better than.. err, maybe dwarves do.
    • View Profile
    • Granzland!
« Reply #365 on: June 17, 2010, 05:27:58 am »

I think the best way to prevent ailments is cover all parts of the body that is commonly hit but not commonly covered (e.g. hands, face,  upper limbs, etc.) and also wounds caused by encounters.

I'm still not getting any ailments in my adventure...

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2010, 07:24:21 am »

I think the best way to prevent ailments is cover all parts of the body that is commonly hit but not commonly covered (e.g. hands, face,  upper limbs, etc.) and also wounds caused by encounters.

I'm still not getting any ailments in my adventure...
Yup, a lot of syndromes need to be injected into your blood stream so good protection is a plus but as always...prevention is better than cure, in other words dodge everything! Even the "contact" type syndrome but especially the gas type that no armor will protect you from if you actually inhale some. Ever seen an adventurer breathe in some necrotic gas then watch as your insides slowly rot away?...brain, lungs, kidneys, etc...

Underground travelers beware!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Arcaani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 24, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »

(Massive spoilers here, folks..)

Oy, folks. Is is possible to get into a demonic fortress without ever playing Fortress mode? My Adventurer found raw adamantine and the game is much more sluggish than it's been at any other time during my descent (I didn't mean ANY NPCs during my descent; is that extraordinary or could it have been the cold biome? Or a glitch during world gen). I found this really long wall not too far from the adamantite and I'm trying to find out if there's a way around it. It's so straight. Only a few "bulges" of rock jutting out.

Due to the lag, I have reason to suspect that it might be a demonic fortress. I just want to know if there's an entrance if it actually is.

Edit: apparently, people have found natural entrances to demonic fortresses. So I think I'm gonna keeping trying. Found another vein of adamantine. Still laggy. It isn't laggy everywhere, just in a certain area.

Edit: False alarm. 5 veins now, no mysterious anythings.

Edit: Finding lots of magma pools now, but no adamantine veins.

Edit: Might have to start a fortress to locate one... It'd be giving up, but this is taking so long ;_;
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:10:41 am by Arcaani »

BladeBerserker

• Bay Watcher
  • BladeBerserker cancels Life; Interrupted by DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2010, 10:27:00 am »

The chronicle of my spelunkin' master. Goin' in spoilers for spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, is there a Rutherer entry in the bestiary?

EDIT: "Oh another curious structure, time to fight the ultimate guardians. Uhhhh... zombie cow? 0_o Too easy."
"MOO *nom*
"OH GOD THE PAIN!"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:03:35 am by BladeBerserker »
If it doesn't work, apply magma. If THAT doesn't work, apply Artifact Gabbro Cabinet

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 26, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »

Mm, that's anti-climactic.

I don't know what's in the Bestiary, I haven't been paying attention to it.

I hope that adventure mode becomes more epic with the new skills added. That can add a lot of fun. :3
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

BladeBerserker

• Bay Watcher
  • BladeBerserker cancels Life; Interrupted by DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2010, 11:26:52 pm »

Held up until I managed to do it twice. I've gone into a curious structure and taken the sword, then escaped before I encountered any undead or &&&& resistance. They were both empty! Very weird... ???
If it doesn't work, apply magma. If THAT doesn't work, apply Artifact Gabbro Cabinet

Arcaani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2010, 11:57:41 pm »

I found one! Fantastic. Lots of skeletal snailmen here. And skeletal tigermen.

This game is awesome, I must donate now.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

>.>

Anybody still actively explore underground?

Despite it being several months since its release, the underground still gives me the willies with the right music, and right imagination. o.o

Still haven't seen a forgotten beast though.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2010, 03:53:27 am »

I still try to explore the underground.
Still haven't found a Forgotten Beast OR collection of Beastmen, however. Despite some heroically long stints in the dark.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:58 am »

I have found a tribe. They were friendly, and were a decent place to make my character sleep. But they were just Olm men or some crap.

When mining, woodcutting and herbalism get implemented in, I'd love to make a little village deep under the earths surface. It'd be a nice little adventure.

Do Forgotten beasts only appear in Dwarf mode?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26