Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1125447 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #12465 on: June 17, 2011, 02:33:01 pm »

Did you enable it in the Military screen? Then just unselect the burrow, the same way you selected it.

Yes, thanks, that's the way.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #12466 on: June 17, 2011, 06:28:12 pm »

I have read that a quick way how to release animals and invaders from their caves is to assign them to a pasture. When I do that, will the cave open automatically or will a dwarf come to the cave and open it (and subsequently be slain by the encaged animal/enemy)?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: June 17, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »

By "cave" do you mean "cage"? Also, I'm pretty sure only tame animals can be pastured.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #12468 on: June 17, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »

yes, sorry. Cage. no caves. I spoke about cages all the time.

Some of the cages are the cages I set up in traps. They contain goblins now. I see that I can assign goblins to pastures as well. The question is, whether a dwarf will want come to their cage and lead them to pasture.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #12469 on: June 17, 2011, 06:46:36 pm »

Aah, only tame animals. That's my second problem. I bougt some tigers and jaguars and they are not yet tame. But when I try to tame them, my animal trainer says he has no animal to train.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: June 17, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »

Aah, only tame animals. That's my second problem. I bougt some tigers and jaguars and they are not yet tame. But when I try to tame them, my animal trainer says he has no animal to train.
Are you sure they're not tame? If you bought them, they should be tame.
If they are not tame, then you won't be able to tame them without modding the game, due to the dungeon master, a noble responsible for taming exotic animals, being bugged.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #12471 on: June 17, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »

Hm, maybe they were tame, when I bought them. A pity that the dungeon master is bugged. I would so much like to tame an exotic creature. (-:

Anyway, DF crashed and my last savegame of that fortress was 10 hours ago. I abandoned it. I am not going to construct it all again. From now on I am turning on the seasonal autosave.

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »

guys, is it possible to use Pipes to channel pump water to an artificial pond ?

I embark in a site that have a lot of pond scattered all over the place (and they are all murky water)

I was thinking that maybe I can use pipes and pump to put them all in an artificial well somewhere in my Fortress.

the thing is, I have NEVER use a pipe and pump before and I have no idea how to set it up.

Another thing I want to ask, is it possible to butcher Trolls and dead goblins ?

I have so many of their corpses in my execution ground its not even funny.

edit - is there a way to make the goblins to attack you sooner ?

my computer framerate drops pretty bad with 100 dwarfs.

thinkning maybe around 50-60 dwarfs ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:11:18 pm by AcESCAR »

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: June 17, 2011, 10:25:57 pm »

Im probably missing something right in front of me, but I cant seem to look at my dwarf´s swimming skill and I dont see it anywhere in Dwarf Therapist either.
So where can I check to see how much they have progressed?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: June 17, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »

Im probably missing something right in front of me, but I cant seem to look at my dwarf´s swimming skill and I dont see it anywhere in Dwarf Therapist either.
So where can I check to see how much they have progressed?

Swimming skill should appear in the "v" screen when moused over your dwarf.  I believe it's a miscellaneous skill, so make sure that skill list is turned on.  You may have to arrow down through the list to see it.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #12475 on: June 17, 2011, 11:18:30 pm »

Hm, maybe they were tame, when I bought them. A pity that the dungeon master is bugged. I would so much like to tame an exotic creature. (-:

Anyway, DF crashed and my last savegame of that fortress was 10 hours ago. I abandoned it. I am not going to construct it all again. From now on I am turning on the seasonal autosave.

It's not hard to make those animals tamable, especially if you have the LazyNewb pack.  Just select "Exotic Animal:  NO" or somesuch in one of the menus.  Otherwise you can change it in the init screen.  Especially since dungeon master is bugged, I don't see it as cheating.  Which reminds me, I need to tame my alligators so I can have war 'gators.

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:26 am »

Is there a reason why some of my dwarf got beaten up by their fellow dwarf ??

I just got one of my fighter hospitalised because she got beaten up.

There is no one going berserk either...

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: June 18, 2011, 01:30:36 am »

Do you have justice system, a captain of guards, and no jails? If an mandate fails, then someone get picked to be punished. It's either jailing or beating, or just beating if there're no jail.

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: June 18, 2011, 02:31:13 am »

Do you have justice system, a captain of guards, and no jails? If an mandate fails, then someone get picked to be punished. It's either jailing or beating, or just beating if there're no jail.

soo I just need to remove the captain of the guards and everything is ok then ?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: June 18, 2011, 03:01:51 am »

soo I just need to remove the captain of the guards and everything is ok then ?

Yup, and never appoint another one, because justice punishment can pile up when not attended to  :D
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1178