Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120484 times)

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11145 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »

i've got a road running from the map edge to the entrance of my fort yet caravans ignore it. does it have to run all the way up to the trade depot? might mean i nned to relocate the depot   :-\

Only way to force caravans to use the road is to block all other paths to your depot from the map edge. Once you limit access to your depot from one spot, all caravans should only spawn in that spot.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: May 01, 2011, 03:20:28 pm »

I just got a message saying "horrifying screams come from the darkness below!" what does this mean?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: May 01, 2011, 03:35:25 pm »

I just got a message saying "horrifying screams come from the darkness below!" what does this mean?

It means you're about to have a lot of fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: May 01, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »

The problem is I havent dug to adamantine yet. Ive only dug like 5 z levels down.

Another question. I built a well but it says its  dry. what does this mean?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: May 01, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

A dry well means just that - there's no water in it. To have an active, usable well, the well needs to have access to water underneath it. Water that's at least 3/7 deep, according to the wiki. The water can be more than one z-level below, although I'm assuming you need open space between the well and the water, but I'm not sure - I've only made wells with a cistern right below them, so far.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: May 01, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »

rising a bridg when the gobbo is where it becomes a wall atomsmash it isntead of tossing?

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: May 01, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

Hey, just wondering, what happens if you kill the leader of a civ that's attacking you? Do they stop attacking or do they lessen there attacks?(I don't think they'll stop attacking, but never hurts to ask)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #11152 on: May 01, 2011, 05:14:20 pm »

Hey, just wondering, what happens if you kill the leader of a civ that's attacking you? Do they stop attacking or do they lessen there attacks?(I don't think they'll stop attacking, but never hurts to ask)

In my experience, the attacks don't stop permanently, but may stop for a few years and then be weaker when they start again.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: May 01, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »

rising a bridg when the gobbo is where it becomes a wall atomsmash it isntead of tossing?
Yes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: May 01, 2011, 07:32:25 pm »

It's bad enough that anyone uses those horrible spoiler euphemisms. Using them in a spoiler tag is a crime against nature.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: May 01, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

Is there an easy way to move objects from stockpile to stockpile? Choosing the "Take from" option makes all my dwarves cart everything from one stockpile to another, so if I want to move, say, blocks near to a bridge I'm making, what's the best way to get them there without my mason having to cross the map 5 times?
Make a block stockpile near the bridge and have it take from the stockpile where you keep blocks.

I know how to do that, but that's exactly what causes my problem. You can't selectively choose what to cart, so my dwarves end up moving entire bins of bars/blocks (I haven't bothered to differentiate the stockpiles), which is an overkill. I want a way to move, say, two bins, and for me to be able to choose which bins to move. Is there any way to selectively move items around.

Also, I'm assuming dumping is a possible way of moving choice items, but that requires not having any other active garbage disposal sites, and as soon as I unforbid the bins dwarves would move them back!

Basically it's a bit unwieldly.
You can control materials that the stockpile will accept. Look over it with 'q'.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: May 01, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »

It's bad enough that anyone uses those horrible spoiler euphemisms. Using them in a spoiler tag is a crime against nature.
Awww, but I love cotton candy. Especially if it comes with clowns!

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: May 01, 2011, 09:33:12 pm »

How do you engrave floors and walls? I want to engrave the floor and walls of my dining room but don't know how.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »

Also, how do you designate a hospital?

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: May 01, 2011, 09:49:37 pm »

How do you engrave floors and walls? I want to engrave the floor and walls of my dining room but don't know how.

Use the (d)esignation menu.

Also, how do you designate a hospital?

It's a type of act(i)vity zone.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1178