Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1117737 times)

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4440 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:53 pm »

if a dwarf has broken nose and wont go to the hospital, is there any way for it to be fixed/healed?
 theyre continually miserable because of it and keep tantruming.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4441 on: October 18, 2010, 01:03:59 pm »

if a dwarf has broken nose and wont go to the hospital, is there any way for it to be fixed/healed?
Are you sure the broken nose is the source of the misery?  Injuries by themselves shouldn't cause ongoing bad thoughts, especially something minor and non-crippling like a broken nose.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »

Are you sure the broken nose is the source of the misery?  Injuries by themselves shouldn't cause ongoing bad thoughts, especially something minor and non-crippling like a broken nose.
Perhaps your dorf got injured during a tantrum?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:37 pm »

I've found that, eventually, they'll get surgeried and set despite not resting. I've never SEEN it happen, it just occurs when I'm not looking.
I think that either the surgeon corners them, or they're ambushed while sleeping.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: October 18, 2010, 01:42:13 pm »

Are military skills improved faster by using them on live targets compared to sparring/training? I.e. would it be better to have marksdwarfes shooting up an elephant stuck in a pit below them or shooting at targets at the range - or it doesn't matter? Same for melee dwarfs beating up a disarmed enemy vs. sparring.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: October 18, 2010, 03:03:00 pm »

Yes. Marksdwarves firing on a live target fire like machineguns compared to training, wrestlers get so many holds in it's absurd, and weapondwarves hack away merrily on live opponents.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

i also have a question.
where.are.the.FRICKIN.TOWNS???
i cant find them.i get roads,and empty sites(at adventurer mode)
sometimes i luckily find an human town.and then,they are"quite untroubeled",my ass,im bored.
and dwarven mountainhomes seem nonexistant.i find roads,but not towns.only empty laces.
why is that?and if they still ARE somwhere,then where?
I am a Goober.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:44 pm »

Yes. Marksdwarves firing on a live target fire like machineguns compared to training, wrestlers get so many holds in it's absurd, and weapondwarves hack away merrily on live opponents.

OK but it's still a matter of how many hits you do, as opposed to the damage/opponent?

I.e. hitting an armored goblin with a wooden stick gives the same experience as decapitating a dragon with one strike?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: October 18, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »

Does a tree provide support? I'm thinking of making suspended platforms.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: October 18, 2010, 03:57:21 pm »

2 things, can a dwarf whos restrained by a chain(justice) sleep on a bed if you put it next to him(if so what setting, dormitory?)?

also none of my dwarves will feed or water him, even if i set their only task to feeding prisoners they just sit around with no job. i tried putting food and drink stockpiles there but my dwarves wont put anything in them, until all the other stockpiles are full, which wont happen soon. i have buckets, wells and plenty of food.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: October 18, 2010, 04:02:08 pm »

2 things, can a dwarf whos restrained by a chain(justice) sleep on a bed if you put it next to him(if so what setting, dormitory?)?

also none of my dwarves will feed or water him, even if i set their only task to feeding prisoners they just sit around with no job. i tried putting food and drink stockpiles there but my dwarves wont put anything in them, until all the other stockpiles are full, which wont happen soon. i have buckets, wells and plenty of food.
1.Yes.
2.Try removing the other stockpiles, wait until the stockpile for him is filled, then re-designate the stockpiles.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Uristoteles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: October 18, 2010, 05:08:27 pm »

[q]uery the food and drink stockpiles within his reach and use the option to [t]ake from another stockpile, they should be filled quickly.

pluckcitizen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: October 18, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

I know this has probably been asked before, but is there an easy way to limit the number of pets?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: October 18, 2010, 05:59:23 pm »

OK but it's still a matter of how many hits you do, as opposed to the damage/opponent?

I.e. hitting an armored goblin with a wooden stick gives the same experience as decapitating a dragon with one strike?

Don't know.

I know this has probably been asked before, but is there an easy way to limit the number of pets?

Levers for the owners, repeating spikes for the pets.

pluckcitizen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: October 18, 2010, 06:03:32 pm »

Levers for the owners, repeating spikes for the pets.
[/quote]

that sounds like too much micromanagement. What if i set [child:0] in the RAWs?
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1178