Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122831 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »

In what stockpile does shell go in now? I laid a refuse but the dorfs didn't move it. (yes I have idlers)
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:15 pm »

I can't get hunters to hunt...I have all jobs deactivated but hunting and trapping, and bolts assigned to them (and they are carrying crossbows) but they will not hunt...

any ideas?  there are wild animals around.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:54 pm »

I can't get hunters to hunt...I have all jobs deactivated but hunting and trapping, and bolts assigned to them (and they are carrying crossbows) but they will not hunt...

any ideas?  there are wild animals around.

this is a known bug

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53156.0

check there
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2010, 06:46:39 pm »

One of my dwarves has a minor cut on his hand that needs stitching (suturing), and I've seen medical dwarves arrive, carrying thread, standing there for a while, and going away again, bringing the thread with them. I'd consider this OK, if it weren't for the fact that the dwarf still needs suturing. Bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Confirmed bug
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

Where are 'bones' and 'shells' at in the stockpile menus now a days?

Under the Refuse category, it has two or three things from the old Refuse category and everything else looks like it got crossed with the Finished Goods category.

Edit:  Ah fuck it, it doesn't matter any more.  Fortress crumbled between my tree cutter/axedwarf/carpenter who went berserk because I couldn't find any bones for his Stick of Wonders or whatever he was making and the Miner who went berserk after watching his miner friend die to a cave-in.  Incidently they were at two opposite ends of the fort, so the poor folk inside had no where at all to run. 

Even Novice Axedwarves absolutely tear apart anything that's not trained at all, regardless of how many you pile on him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:36:21 pm by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Bakawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2010, 07:43:41 pm »

If i'm building a underground water storage tank, and i'm pumping desalinated water down several z-levels, do i need to build walls along the shaft to keep the water from getting resalinated, or just the holding tank at the bottom?

EDIT: I messed up my design, so it went through 1 z-level without walls, and 1 z-level with. fully constructed basin. Turns out its drinkable, so there's that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:39:33 pm by Bakawolf »
English is not dead, It lives. It changes. Your dictionary is a fine listing of the past, but it is not the future.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:58 pm »

I belive you have to build walls but i could be wrong. 40d you had to build walls but now i dunno.

Also shells and bones and hoofs and horns and ivory and such are all under bodypart section of the refuse.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »

What doe sthe symbols at the left side mean? Like the red C..

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2010, 11:56:19 pm »

has anybody yet seen where you find bones and shells in the stockpiles menu?

its been asked a bunch of times now, by the silence i guess everyone is equally flumoxed.

you can get them into refuse piles sometimes, but they still dissapear if the refuse pile is outside, which is less then ideal. this is important! with the currently insanely user infriendly interface for the military, and the fact war dogs can no longer bite through standard clothing, a tantrumming dwarf is more dangerous then ever before.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2010, 01:14:10 am »

That a report is waiting for you (in the new reports window, which you can access with "r").
C means combat repoirt, but AFAIK there are letters for other reports as well.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2010, 01:35:53 am »

That a report is waiting for you (in the new reports window, which you can access with "r").
C means combat repoirt, but AFAIK there are letters for other reports as well.

A green H is for hunting, for example.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2010, 05:30:22 am »

A: I heard shells count as body parts, but I have never even seen a shell so I don't really know. 

Q: I just embarked next to an (cold, good) ocean and its frozen and covered in snow.  Assuming it thaws, can I expect to find sea creatures in it? 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2010, 07:28:16 am »

A: I heard shells count as body parts, but I have never even seen a shell so I don't really know. 

Q: I just embarked next to an (cold, good) ocean and its frozen and covered in snow.  Assuming it thaws, can I expect to find sea creatures in it? 

Probably you will find some creatures as they migrate from the outsides of your embark.

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2010, 07:58:24 am »

Could someone tell my how to make the game screen larger? Not Dwarf Fortress itself, but the little box which you see the Dwarf Fortress world, options and map-looking thing.

Anyone? I think it is called the interface.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2010, 08:46:02 am »

You mean, it doesn´t fillyour whole screen?

Well, I assume altering the resolution within your init-file will help,
although it might cause your ASCII symbols in the worldmap and dwarf screen to become somewhat distortet
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 1178