Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1122836 times)

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »

Well, no, I think they do the same thing eventually.

But I'm trying to irrigate some land underground for a farm and it keeps saying "Urist McWater cancels task Fill Pond: No Water Source"

Double-check your activity zone orders (o->z) and that "Prefer" is the one set.
Also set the murky pool as a water source under Areas (i) if you haven't.

Do the same for the river.
"Extinction is not an option."

Glod Glodsson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:29 pm »

Got two issues...

1) I am constantly getting "not responding" from the DF client... If I leave it for a few minutes it snaps back in like nothing happened in the first place... Just wondering if its just me (PC: 2.2ghz dual core Pentium, 4GB ram, win7 pro, ...)

2) I am told the dorfs do not have access to seeds at my farms, regardless of which map I play on, even though there is a designated "seed pile" right next to it which is brimming with seeds (have checked, nothing is forbidden etc). Just for clarification: Dug a hole in a bit of earth, built some farm plots without problems... then the issue sets in.

Thanks for any help!

Also on one map I have a strange construction of sorts... It is supposed to be a road (I think) but it comes up as a silthy loam clay strip... with a bridge of willow logs (with walls on the side) leading from the highest point of the road into thin air... not a problem just wonderfully strange. Keep picturing stoned (as in too many rocks to the head) drunken dwarf engineers deciding that that is the way the road is supposed to be. :)
DF Wisdom: Just because Urist killed a dragon bare handed, while in his birthday suit, does not mean he does not enjoy a cat meat bruschetta served with a keg of strawberry wine.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2010, 05:07:31 pm »

Got two issues...

1) I am constantly getting "not responding" from the DF client... If I leave it for a few minutes it snaps back in like nothing happened in the first place... Just wondering if its just me (PC: 2.2ghz dual core Pentium, 4GB ram, win7 pro, ...)

I occasionally get that as well and have just lived with it for the most part.

2) I am told the dorfs do not have access to seeds at my farms, regardless of which map I play on, even though there is a designated "seed pile" right next to it which is brimming with seeds (have checked, nothing is forbidden etc). Just for clarification: Dug a hole in a bit of earth, built some farm plots without problems... then the issue sets in.

*All* underground farms need irrigation at this point. It is, supposedly, a bug, but you'll have to irrigate all underground farms for the time being.

No idea about that last bit.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2010, 05:29:50 pm »

I got two nice incidents.

I can't produce shellcrafts. My legendary Bonecarver, who produced a iron figurine in his mood with no ore involved,
picks up a shell to the workshop, works there for a little while and hops of to do something else which is not recreational ( eating, drinking, partying ... ) and leaves a shell in the workshop after a while he repeats the procedure .. I am trying shell armor now, but my expectations are low.

The same 2x1 pond which trained my master fisherdwarf and fed my fort on turtles for three years is also involved in the second incident. It was the only watersource that did not dry up all this time and got me through my barrel crisis in 1052.
After the rain filled it to 7/7 again I  widened the pond a bit with channeling, which means there are two ramps leading outside, and tried to refill the loss by bucketchain. No probs so far.

A gobbo came to my fort and got quickly dispatched. But he startled a trader who chose to hop into the pont and take his guard and pack animal with him. There they staid, I tried deconstructing the Depot,
I channeld new ramps and dug stairs. But the Trader is still bathing.
3 dwarves were wounded in a cave-in that happened in the process .. some were in the pond by whatever means
and my food store got a mini-flood through stupidity ..
the trader wandered through my fort and my new fishing ground deep down .. but now he sits in the pond again ..
his last chance is that I will remove the doors from my main entrance .. if he don't get out by then, i fill the newly rewalled pond again with buckets and drown that no good water dwelling human.

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2010, 06:42:21 pm »

Could someone tell my how to make the game screen larger? Not Dwarf Fortress itself, but the little box which you see the Dwarf Fortress world, options and map-looking thing.

Nobu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2010, 08:56:44 pm »

A gobbo came to my fort and got quickly dispatched. But he startled a trader who chose to hop into the pont and take his guard and pack animal with him. There they staid, I tried deconstructing the Depot,
3 dwarves were wounded in a cave-in that happened in the process .. some were in the pond by whatever means
the trader wandered through my fort and my new fishing ground deep down .. but now he sits in the pond again ..
his last chance is that I will remove the doors from my main entrance .. if he don't get out by then, i fill the newly rewalled pond again with buckets and drown that no good water dwelling human.

I understand there's some pathing issues with removing/creating ramps right now sometimes.  It can make dwarves think the spot the ramp was and the spot next to it aren't accessible.  When you save/load it might resolve it, since it apparently reevaluates the pathing.  Did you try that?

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:31 pm »

Is there any way to breathe dragon fire as the dragon in Arena mode?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2010, 04:28:26 am »

I understand there's some pathing issues with removing/creating ramps right now sometimes.  It can make dwarves think the spot the ramp was and the spot next to it aren't accessible.  When you save/load it might resolve it, since it apparently reevaluates the pathing.  Did you try that?

No I did not, but every other dwarf found out ..
I will try because I don't want a human siege right now, but If he doesn't find his way out he will drown.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:04 am »

Are war dogs next to useless now? I have page upon page of combat logs where my moderatly sized horde of dogs (7-8) do almost no damage to even goblin thiefs and snachers. Their attacks are constantly blocks by leather cloaks, pig tail shirts and hell even the dudes cave spider silk underware is acting like a friggin suit of plate armor.

Oh course war dogs are still useful for soaking up damage but this is less helpful when one  forgotten beast I have trapped in the underground breaths Liquid Nitrogen!!! or something that froze one of my miners solid.

Another question that someone may have found out already and is based on the above info. Are forgotten beasts trap immune?
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2010, 07:39:30 am »

Two questions:

1. How do you embed a link in the Mantis bug tracker software so that it links to another bug report, eg. 0000790?
2. Can anyone provide a link to an image created by a DF fan of fell mood artifact where the picture is of a dwarf wearing another dwarf's skin, and the text on the image is "What a dapper hat"?

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:26 am »

links to another bug report, eg. 0000790?
Just "#790"

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2010, 03:21:26 pm »

Is there any way to breathe dragon fire as the dragon in Arena mode?

Would like to ask this question again, as it seems to have gone unanswered before.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2010, 04:04:15 pm »

One of my dwarves has a minor cut on his hand that needs stitching (suturing), and I've seen medical dwarves arrive, carrying thread, standing there for a while, and going away again, bringing the thread with them. I'd consider this OK, if it weren't for the fact that the dwarf still needs suturing. Bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

I've read in another thread that removing the bed while he is on it will make him lie on the floor, where another dwarf will put him in a different bed and the doctor will finish on him. I'm not sure if that will help you though.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2010, 04:16:14 pm »

Worth a shot. Thanks.

EDIT: Nope, not working.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:48:47 pm by Mr_Bucket_Hat »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1178