Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1091713 times)

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

question for somebody with a suicide wish:

EDIT: whoops, my bad jarathor, fixed it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:25:08 pm by LoneJedi7 »
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:14 pm »

Whoa Lone Jedi, please put that in spoilers.

Anyway, my question - is anybody else having problems with using constructed floors as bridges? What I mean is, theres was a canyon that I wanted my dwarves to build across, and they got to a certain point and the pathfinding broke - if I try to build more floors off of the end, it says that there is no available building material, and my dwarves can't path off of it.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:07 pm »

Arrrrrrrrrrg

I have rope, I have an iron table, I have mechanisms. I even have a legendary mechanic with everything else turned off but mechanics.

WHY THE HECK WON'T HE BUILD ME TRACTION BENCH!?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

stew_mcgruff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 11:45:14 pm »

How do I keep my healthy dorfs out of the hospital?  Everyone seems to use it as their personal bedroom, even though they all have their own rooms.

HorvathSaigyou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 12:16:42 am »

How do I like at a dwarf's toughness/strength/all the new ones in Fortress mode?
It's in the Thoughts and Preferences screen now. The values are a little harder to determine now, but to get a basic idea green text shows positive or high stats and red text shows low or negative stats. "Soul" stats are there too. Any stats not shown are neutral or average, I think.

For my own question, is it me or do crossbowdwarves not use archery targets for archery practice anymore? They seem to group up there for training, but just wait for presentations. I have all of my marksdwarves hunting and patrolling rather than training, because they actually use their crossbows on foes when I order them to(and hunters work) but it's a slow way to train.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:49 am »

Question on layers of soil
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:38 am »

If only one tile of the farm plot is on muddy ground, does it all count as irrigated?

Jamal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 01:37:34 am »

How do I get my military dwarves to start working again? I've disbanded the squad: They all say No Job, and they aren't counted as idlers. I set them to fish, they still say No Job.

help, same question.

Nate McCloud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 02:09:29 am »

1. I remember reading something about being able to create custom workshops by editing the raw files. How do I do that?
2. I've noticed that Notes is now Points/Routes/Notes. I know that the Points are waypoints used in Routes, but what are Routes used for?

Tarengrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 02:23:44 am »

I have rope, I have an iron table, I have mechanisms. I even have a legendary mechanic with everything else turned off but mechanics.

My dwarfs did not use rope, they said they want chains (Iron), a table (stone table worked fine for me) and a mechanism (again, stone). They had no problem, building them, now I only need to find a way to get my dwarves hurt so I can test my hospital.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 03:42:17 am »

Rope worked fine for me for traction benches.

How do I keep my healthy dorfs out of the hospital?  Everyone seems to use it as their personal bedroom, even though they all have their own rooms.

I'd like this one answered as well, also, my dwarves don't seem to want to sleep in their own bedrooms but sleep in each other's bedrooms.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 03:48:24 am »

If only one tile of the farm plot is on muddy ground, does it all count as irrigated?

It says it is, but no, your dwarf won't plant there at all. I nearly lost my fort to starvation because of that. Thank armok for plant gathering, and the food explosion from brewing and cooking.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

RiceMunk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 03:51:59 am »

Question: How do I make my military store their stuff in their designated barracks instead of running to the gear stockpiles every time they go off-duty? Furthermore, what does that (p)osition option do, exactly in the barracks room options menu?
Quote from: DF2010 Bug Report
Wounded baby spams "cancels clean self: too insane."

Dewar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2010, 04:37:11 am »

I seem to be misunderstanding part of the UI. I've formed a squad of two guys, gone into squads with the 's' key, and set them to active. Yet, no one trains. Am I missing some very obvious switch to set a squad as active?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 04:38:37 am »

Don't squads train when they're NOT active?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1178