Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123899 times)

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #16455 on: December 07, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

Did other goblins trip those traps already? If they haven't been reset, they won't work.

No, he was the only goblin left after I reclaimed, he is alone and I have had 0 invasions or ambushes so far. These are freshly made traps loaded with cages and stone.

The goblin is being lured through the traps by dwarves who pick up items near him by the way, if that helps.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16456 on: December 07, 2011, 04:06:57 pm »

It's my understanding that goblins that hang around after a reclaim aren't hostile for some reason, so that's probably why he isn't triggering the traps.  Can you attack him?  If you make him hostile he might be able to set off traps.

New goblins that show up will work as usual.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16457 on: December 07, 2011, 04:12:04 pm »

It's my understanding that goblins that hang around after a reclaim aren't hostile for some reason, so that's probably why he isn't triggering the traps.  Can you attack him?  If you make him hostile he might be able to set off traps.

New goblins that show up will work as usual.

I can attack him, how exactly do I check if he's hostile?
He looks pretty mean when he's chasing one of my civilian dwarfs, and when he catches one the walls turn red. Don't know if this counts.

I might add he killed my one marksdwarf on this reclaim before I started setting up traps.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:16:32 pm by Seraphaw »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16458 on: December 07, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »

I've never actually reclaimed a site, so I'm not positive, but if you check in the units screen does he show up as Hostile (in red text)?

It's probably academic at this point anyway, if he's chasing dwarves and painting the walls with their blood then he's definitely hostile.  Goblins can definitely dodge weapon traps, and I'm pretty sure they can dodge stone fall traps.  I don't think they can dodge cage traps, so I'm at a loss to explain that one.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16459 on: December 07, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »

I've never actually reclaimed a site, so I'm not positive, but if you check in the units screen does he show up as Hostile (in red text)?

It's probably academic at this point anyway, if he's chasing dwarves and painting the walls with their blood then he's definitely hostile.  Goblins can definitely dodge weapon traps, and I'm pretty sure they can dodge stone fall traps.  I don't think they can dodge cage traps, so I'm at a loss to explain that one.
I don't know... (check image)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:02:21 pm by Seraphaw »

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16460 on: December 07, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

That is one heck of a title.

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16461 on: December 07, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »

That is one heck of a title.

I said the same thing, any more dwarves and the title will blot out the sun.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16462 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »

Doors don't close if something's blocking them. You can have a dead butterfly in the doorway and it'll prop the door open (happened at Boatmurdered and let in a goblin siege).

I've been generating a new world and am wanting to create multiple forts-- but I can't play simultaneous forts in the same world, and I've heard horror stories about "duplicate raws". If I were to c/p my generated world to create new region folders, would it explode my computer?

It shouldn't, provided your copying the region folder. Duplicate raws means having multiple entries with the same identifier in one raw file.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16463 on: December 07, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »

Question related to modding; more of an annoyance than a problem.
I want my fortress guard squad to be all Marksdwarves, because I have a thing for patrolling aboveground fort walls. I have done this, and everything is spiffy. However, my Captain of the Guard is blue, while the others are green. This is confusing, as my only other squad is an Axedwarf squad. Just how would I go about changing his color?
I have gone into the raws and found the Captain of the Guard entry, but changing the numbers on his [COLOR:1:0:1] tag seems to do nothing.

watch it with a trong captain of the guard, he could lead to !Fun!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Valthero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube account
« Reply #16464 on: December 07, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

Question related to modding; more of an annoyance than a problem.
I want my fortress guard squad to be all Marksdwarves, because I have a thing for patrolling aboveground fort walls. I have done this, and everything is spiffy. However, my Captain of the Guard is blue, while the others are green. This is confusing, as my only other squad is an Axedwarf squad. Just how would I go about changing his color?
I have gone into the raws and found the Captain of the Guard entry, but changing the numbers on his [COLOR:1:0:1] tag seems to do nothing.

watch it with a trong captain of the guard, he could lead to !Fun!
1) I have a jail. I'm not worried about that.
2) You could always give me the information I requested instead of telling me the obvious newbie things.

EDIT: I probably sound like an asshole. >,>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:07:08 pm by Valthero »
Bugbats, all of you.

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16465 on: December 07, 2011, 04:56:57 pm »

I found a solution, which was to make the goblin aquatic. A very lame solution to a problem which has bothered me for 2 hours.
Thanks anyway guys.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16466 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »

Which raws were you editing?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Valthero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube account
« Reply #16467 on: December 07, 2011, 06:54:09 pm »

Which raws were you editing?
entity_default.txt in my save folder.
Bugbats, all of you.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16468 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:56 pm »

Entity changes require a world regen to have any effect.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Valthero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube account
« Reply #16469 on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »

Entity changes require a world regen to have any effect.
Ah dang, that's unfortunate. Oh well, thanks for the help. Maybe I'll toy around with my modding a bit more before I commit to a fortress next time.  :)
Bugbats, all of you.
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1178