Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 41201 times)

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 11:56:03 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to do caste-specific graphics yet?
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 12:04:47 am »

Has anyone figured out how to do caste-specific graphics yet?

I don't think the caste selectors made it into the release, unfortunately.  It might get implemented for one of the fix releases, but there are a lot of other issues competing for attention.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 12:07:10 am »

My dwarf fortress doen't seem to work at all with graphics...I changed the YES to graphics, leaving the curses 16x16 tileset, and I start the game, everything looks fine but, when i select create a new world now or the arena thing I says there is a c++ runtime error and it shuts down...I still can play it without graphics...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2010, 12:17:10 am »

My dwarf fortress doen't seem to work at all with graphics...I changed the YES to graphics, leaving the curses 16x16 tileset, and I start the game, everything looks fine but, when i select create a new world now or the arena thing I says there is a c++ runtime error and it shuts down...I still can play it without graphics...
When I had a big world gened and was trying to search through it I got a similar error though the other stuff seemed to work okay.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2010, 01:27:25 am »

I've got it working with no issues. Here's how I did it:

1 - Download the mayday pack. (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset)
2 - Run the game and gen a new world.
3 - As soon as the world gen is finished, quit DF.
4 - Start DF again and play using the new world.

You are the man - that appears to have worked.

Although, it seems pretty clear the mayday graphics are at best incomplete, and some tiles don't appear to line up correctly and obviously there are the new profession types, etc.

Either way, the game is playable now - hooray!

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2010, 01:35:26 am »

I've got it working with no issues. Here's how I did it:

1 - Download the mayday pack. (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset)
2 - Run the game and gen a new world.
3 - As soon as the world gen is finished, quit DF.
4 - Start DF again and play using the new world.

You are the man - that appears to have worked.

Although, it seems pretty clear the mayday graphics are at best incomplete, and some tiles don't appear to line up correctly and obviously there are the new profession types, etc.

Either way, the game is playable now - hooray!

I'm not sure if it'll work for arena mode, and I know it won't work for worlds that haven't been done this way.

KernelM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 04:25:27 am »

I got that too.
What I did was delete the example folder and the graphics_example.txt out of the raw\graphics folder so you've only got one in there (in my case maydays). It seemed to work for me, I guess this version doesn't like multiple graphics packs for some reason?

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 05:31:50 am »

Here is a fully working graphics tileset thanks to Mayday and Lemunde, there aren't any blank spaces (Except, presumably over new creatures - I can't see any in my game yet) as opposed to the plain Mayday tileset where half the characters were just blank:

http://rapidshare.com/files/371089258/DF2010_Mayday_and_Lemunde.rar

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 06:13:03 am »

Here is a fully working graphics tileset

Does this make the menus readable?

To be fair: I have always played Vanilla, because unlike others, I have always played Angband with ascii, so it only seemed natural to me to always play DF ascii. My wife on the other hand...
Angband with tilesets? How the F* is she supposed to play DF with ascii if she can't manage a simple @?
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 06:35:17 am »

Got the new download and again it appears to be working fine... Oh and yes, the menus are fine!

Does anyone know how to use highlighted tiles though? I can't get used to the black backgrounds. I know, I'm rubbish.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:37:06 am by Treebiter »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 06:58:31 am »

Well, looks like the latest version has a bug which prevents it from using graphics properly.
Thanks to cr9 (the creator of the working set)! :)
I'm gonna try poking around and seeing what can be done, but in it's current state, I'm afraid that I can't release it in any semi-official way.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:19:32 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

dirt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 07:17:56 am »

So I am confuzzled.
I'm trying to make a new version. Converted the tileset back to BMP (removed any transparency effects) and that part works fine.
But no matter what I do, I can't seem to get graphics to work. Enabling graphics makes the game use the default grahpics BMP (the one with three dwarves) EVEN IF THE FILE ISN'T THERE.
Any info on that?

Put new sprites in dwarf fortress\data\save\regionX\raw\graphics. Maybe it will help...
I can't English!

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2010, 07:21:01 am »

Guy who did the graphics port here.

I really should have posted here a few hours after release but I couldn't, because the stuff everyone's had to figure out I had headdesked through by that time. Only one of us needed to experience that annoyance!

Tilesets and graphics, in this version, are broken though there are workarounds. The restarting workaround is the one I settled on most comfortably (and promptly told only a forum where the content is deleted in hours, my bad) but until there is a fixed binary, GRAPHICS DO NOT MESH WITH TILESETS IN ARENA MODE. That's uncorrectable if I'm not mistaken.

Furthermore, generating a world, playing DF or AD, or going into the Arena causes the tileset to drop characters (hence the many complaints of "you broke the tileset! Where are my Es and Ds and Hs and numbers and walls?" I got in the last day). Interestingly, this causes graphics to finally load in arena mode, but with a fractured tileset, that's bittersweet. (And there are no tileset doctor jobs available to your dwarves to fix that!)

You can all reach me at crplan9@gmail.com if you need any more information or anything.

(as for the errorlog -- I did a hasty patch to the accented characters in n++ and think the search+replace got a little zealous. you can probably use the language_X files from an older DF version if I'm not mistaken and they won't cause any more errors than usual. haven't tried that, though. it shouldn't cause a ctd but occasionally you'll run into humans with only one letter in their name, and that letter is a picture of a fish. consider it a feature?)

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 08:07:37 am »

Anybody else have a problem with capital D's and E's displaying?

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2010, 08:11:05 am »

Anybody else have a problem with capital D's and E's displaying?
Open the game, generate a world if you haven't already, quit, restart the game, play DF or AD to your heart's content. Not Arena though, that will never work.

If you go into worldgen, Arena, DF or AD mode, back to the main menu, and then try to do something else, the tileset unloads partially. It's a bug that appears to be in the game itself, not in any of the graphics settings. Arena never works properly for reasons that probably no one without access to the source code would be able to divine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9