Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78117 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

I'm melting!

Made me think of wizards dying in Majesty :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:58 pm »

Most of what I've encountered in a couple of days of playing has been posted already (eternal vermin remains, barrels of blood for sale, miners working while starving, immigrant skills turned off, grandmasters arriving in the first year), but I have what I think is a bit of new information to contribute:

• Someone mentioned an inability to path over downward ramps.  This happened to me too.  I like to put my trade depot inside my fortress, one Z-level below my main entrance.  I found that the caravans ignored the slope, walked into the main entrance, then casually led their mules down the stairs and through a bunch of twisty hallways to get to the depot.  I don't know what would have happened if they'd had wagons -- after three years I never saw any wagons at all.
  • Speaking of caravans, I find that the merchants were delayed a little:  the humans came in the late summer, the dwarves came in the late fall, and so on.  It's not game-breaking, but it is a bit weird to have the dwarven caravan at the trading post after winter's started.
  • One of my dwarves simultaneously had "next to no willpower" and "great willpower."  (They were in separate parts of her bio.)
  • Bar/block stockpiles seem to be borked.  Sometimes they wouldn't store metal bars in the stockpile;  others they stored stone blocks there too, even after I told them not to.
  • I had a moody dwarf say "I need body parts!"  I didn't know how to get him any since I had no military, and eventually he went insane.  Man, I shudder to think of what his artifact would have "menaced" with.

All that having been said:  TOADY YOU ARE AMAZING THANK YOU FOR THIS.  Happy Easter!
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

I'm melting!

Made me think of wizards dying in Majesty :P

lol! Yeah, I couldn't stop thinking of the Wicked Witch.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2010, 11:17:28 pm »

Upon digging into a volcano and letting magma flow across the countryside, I discovered that trees completely submerged in magma are not affected at all.

EDIT:

A picture

grass and shrubs turn into ashes though
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:34:30 pm by Chicken Launcher »
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:15 pm »

REDACTED: working as intended. I just never noticed because I don't embark with rivers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:43:51 am by Brisk »

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2010, 11:28:20 pm »

my dorfs won't cross a river

Dwarves aren't dedicated enough to swim on the way to do their job.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »

I've just had a fort of 90 or so dwarves decimated by the random melting bug.

I don't believe rain was involved, nevertheless, the halls of the fort are now drenched in blood, theres still 50 dwarves left but most are going insane from the mass death, no idea what caused it and the forts too deep for me to believe it was all rain, none of my fort starts untill 4 zlayers below the surface and is quite large already, I'd be surprised if rain had access to the numbers it killed.

Only common trait I can find is it tends to be the extremities (Feet / toes / fingers / head) that take the damage.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:16 pm »

Apparently I can't use any kind of water as a water source.

I can fish from them, but that's it. Can't designate any areas as a water source, and that means I can't designate a pond area to irrigate an underground farm.

My dwarves also completely ignore water themselves, meaning they won't drink from it, and will just drop down dead once the booze runs out.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »

my dorfs won't cross a river

Dwarves aren't dedicated enough to swim on the way to do their job.

I first noticed it when setting up a trade depot. Checking depot access I noticed that the other side of the river was inaccessible. This makes me suspect that caravans won't cross rivers, either. However, I have not yet tested that.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2010, 11:49:01 pm »

Upon digging into a volcano and letting magma flow across the countryside, I discovered that trees completely submerged in magma are not affected at all.

EDIT:

A picture

grass and shrubs turn into ashes though

I believe that was in 40d as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:51:12 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:02 pm »

I was digging (via a separate side-entrance) for an aquaeduct 1 z-level below the surface (for wells and muddying of my subterranean farms) and wanted to place doors to separate the space where my  workers could travel safely from the parts which would  later get filled with water.
I wasn´t able to do so, as everywhere in the z-1-aquaeduct-region it would say: "No access to door"

Needless to mention that there were enough doors around and that my miners were able to reach all partsof the future aquaeduct (via a flight of strairs).

Interesting to note however that in the main parts of the fortress (where mydwarves would work and live) which weren´t directly connected to the part where the aquaeduct was dug I was able to place doors on any z-level without problems.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2010, 11:51:22 pm »

DF Trees are made of solid Earthinite, which is why wooden structures are just as strong as stone, and why the Elves hate you for chopping down their precious trees.

That doesn't stop us from just chopping down the Elves along with them, though.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:01 am »

Another case of meat objects being revealed in the middle of nowhere; I have approximately 10 pieces of rutherer tripe and brain, and some elkbird eyes about 40 z levels below my lowest excavation.

Also, on embark when loading a saved setup profile, I consistently get the message "item unavailable; cave lobster" despite then being able to go and purchase two (identical) varieties. Oh, and none of my dwarven civs so far have had turtle available at embark, though that could just be bad luck on my part.

Spoiler: @Brisk (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2010, 12:10:09 am »

Apparently I can't use any kind of water as a water source.

I can fish from them, but that's it. Can't designate any areas as a water source, and that means I can't designate a pond area to irrigate an underground farm.

My dwarves also completely ignore water themselves, meaning they won't drink from it, and will just drop down dead once the booze runs out.

I was unable to reproduce this bug.

Embarking with no drink my dorfs waited until they were very thirsty but then grudgingly went to drink from the murky pool.

I also set up a 1 tile pond and filled it with a bucket brigade.

I suspect that you may be dealing with salt water.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:57 am »

My major bug is the fact that despite the fact I have roads going from the edge of the screen, plus ramps, and stuff, but I cannot get a single Wagon. It is quite vexing.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38