Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78131 times)

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2010, 09:30:35 pm »

Okay, so after encountering a bronze colossus and getting his ass kicked, my adventurer left his companions behind as bait and fled. After evading the BC, I decided to check his wounds...

Yeah, both of his legs were shattered. However, he was walking along at his normal speed just fine, ignoring the fact that he should be in a wheelchair...

Should effects lke "compound fracture" and "smashed apart" really be able to exist at the same time? It just seems redundant.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2010, 09:31:25 pm »

Okay, so after encountering a bronze colossus and getting his ass kicked, my adventurer left his companions behind as bait and fled. After evading the BC, I decided to check his wounds...

Yeah, both of his legs were shattered. However, he was walking along at his normal speed just fine, ignoring the fact that he should be in a wheelchair...

Should effects lke "compound fracture" and "smashed apart" really be able to exist at the same time?

I'm not entirely sure... I just assumed one of the bone fragments was poking out. The compound fracture appears to cause bleeding, so its just another bad thing that BCs do to your body.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:34:10 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2010, 09:31:40 pm »

whats the difference between bowdwarf skill and archer skill?
in the arena, a bowdwarf became dabbling in Archer for shooting. so, I'd say Bowdwarf is the weapon skill and Archer is the ranged attack skill.

Confirmed. It levels up due to using a crossbow, bow, blowgun or throwing something. I just tested it in my arena. I presume it makes said skills more deadly as well.
if by deadly you mean more accurate, also confirmed. Dwarf 2 (Grand Master Archer) shot much more consistently straight towards Dwarf 1 (Adequate Archer) then vice versa.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2010, 09:50:46 pm »

So I lasted long enough to get goblins. One of them was wearing iron boots, a copper helm, silver gauntlets, shooting silver arrows from a copper bow. Deliberate downgrade from uniform iron? If so, maybe the silver should be skipped. I've only had a few ambushes, so I'm not sure if they're using even weirder stuff like gold or brass.

The_Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:44 pm »

It may well be in here somewhere, but I just had a lye maker go to legendary without making an artifact or doing anything.  He had not made any lye, or, as near as I can tell, done anything else.  He was militarized but I still haven't figured that out (don't have any weapons for them anyway.) Of course, since he became legendary with the lye making skill, it's not like he'll be all that valuable...

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57:48 pm »

-Eating lobsters isn't leaving behind a shell for me.  Is this normal?

-It took a Giant Cave Spider 20 real time minutes to kill an unarmored peasant today.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 02, 2010, 10:02:10 pm »

I embarked with several barrels containing food and drink.

One of them is made out of Saguaro Rib.

It makes me wonder about Saguaros. I'm a little afraid to encounter them if they're creatures who will attack my poor woodcutters. :P

Saguaros are cacti, the "ribs" are part of the plants...

Quote from: Wikipedia Quote
The ribs of the saguaro were used for construction and other purposes by Native Americans. A fine example can be seen in the roofing of the cloisters  of the Mission San Xavier del Bac on the Tohono O'odham lands near Tucson, Arizona. The Seri people of northwestern Mexico used the plant which they call mojépe for a number of purposes.

Gardener of Dwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:07 pm »

Are skeletons killable? I've been doing an adventure mode with a dwarf, and he hasn't been able to kill a single skeleton. Zombies no problem. He also appears to be 100% proof to everything. His armor deflects absolutely everything, or he dodges, or he blocks. He keeps passing out from exhaustion while skeleton fighting, but they can't hurt him, so he wakes up fine. I'm confused.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2010, 10:29:34 pm »

Well, adventure mode got even stranger.  After mass axe murdering a town, I jumped off of the top of the castle there and broke my toe, so I kept passing out from pain. Suddenly, after waking up from a bout of unconsciousness, this happens:

My health screen shows all the fat in my arms and legs is currently melting... WTF?! I don't even...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:33:27 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

I had some prepared organs lying around, but he didn't touch them.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 02, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

I had some prepared organs lying around, but he didn't touch them.

who?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 02, 2010, 10:33:26 pm »

Well, adventure mode got even stranger.  I jumped off of the top of the castle there and broke my toe, so I kept passing out from pain. Suddenly, after waking up from a bout of unconsciousness, this happens:

My health screen shows all the fat in my arms and legs is currently melting... WTF?! I don't even...
melting? sounds like the acid rain bug.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »

melting? sounds like the acid rain bug.

Yeah, I thought that too, but I checked the weather and no mention of rain...

edit: Also, weren't weapons supposed to become artifacts after being used to kill a bunch of things? Two of my characters have used the same bronze great axe to mass murder human towns. The axe's description shows it's killed over 200 humans, a dragon, and various other things, but so far it hasn't been named...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:42:42 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2010, 10:47:56 pm »

-Not sure if this is a bug, but I can't remove a Station from a squad.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2010, 10:52:49 pm »

Yeah I've had the melting adventurers too I thought it might be because I was in a scorching biome, but if it only happens after you get wounds it might be a weird manifestation of infections.

Eitherway, if you got an account on the bug tracker add your story about the melting to my melting adventurers issue on the tracker.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=190
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38