Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 122032 times)

coldstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold stone given life.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »

i world genned twice. first one had a dead goblin civ. second had one dwarf and the goblin civ cut off from the rest. gonna have to watch what you spawn guys, make sure youre in contact with who you wanna contact.

ps. lag. i assume somethings down there huh.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:12 pm »

Yawn, that took 5 minutes to get over, games still fundamentally unplayable just with more unplayable features.  I'll drop back in in another year to see if theirs a usable UI, at least minimal graphics or if any of the top Eternal Suggestions are addressed.  Though I honestly have little hope that this will ever be playable, this is a game I've always wanted to like but its simply driven me away repeatedly.

P.S.  Flame away sycophants but I won't be reading it.

Successful troll is successful.

I give it a five for attracting flames.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Puriri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My LEGO MOCs
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:31 pm »

Mac version will be nice.

Ayeohx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2010, 10:44:08 pm »

Where should we report bugs to?  I think my woodcutter just got a rank of woodWORKING for cutting down a tree.  That doesn't seem right...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:20:34 pm by Ayeohx »

ephrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2010, 10:45:07 pm »

Getting 14 FPS...  Intel Q6600 2.4GHz quad core computer, 4GB of RAM on Windows 7... is this normal?  I would regularly get 100+ FPS with 40d11

Ayeohx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2010, 10:49:31 pm »

Getting 14 FPS...  Intel Q6600 2.4GHz quad core computer, 4GB of RAM on Windows 7... is this normal?  I would regularly get 100+ FPS with 40d11

He should have mentioned that this is a beta of the alpha. :)
I think they are still working on it; soon it should be flying again.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:11 pm »

First of all, we should beat the hell out of Firehound.

Second, where should we report bugs to?  I think my woodcutter just got a rank of woodWORKING for cutting down a tree.  That doesn't seem right...
Was talking about the other guy's post, it is trolling to post a remark designed to be flamed no?. and fixed. I assume you don't want people to be the hell out of me.

Though on a more on-topic basis now that I have read the entire thread so far; I founds me a bug! While randomly spawning fish to air-drown them in the arena, all dead creatures in the arena reported a 'missing upper body' despite what wounds they suffered or how. Also... a fish bled to death after being spawned in the red blood of armok(Magma).

On the other hand, first world genned, The land of Dragons, is also still in the age of myths. I'm loading legends now to see how well the dragons have eaten.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2010, 10:52:27 pm »

And my first world? Fittingly, it's called...

The Past Universe.

To all that we leave behind and all that we gain, entering a new era of Dwarf Fortress!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2010, 10:55:06 pm »

Well I almost got the 1440x450 tileset to work but suddenly it was showing Pink behind all the letters,  I tried saving directly to a 24-bit BMP, but yeah got the background in it too.

If anyone knows what's up with that I'd be grateful for some help.   

Either way back to using the included 16x16 square tileset.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2010, 10:57:47 pm »

Version 0.31.01 needs moar mac.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2010, 10:59:50 pm »

History in the making right here.
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »

Looking through the forgotten beasts, I have to laugh at some of them... A giant shrimp? I mean.... What is that... carp sized?(Though understanding how my dwarves act in d40.... that probably is more dangerous then most of the monsters...)

Though most seem pretty deadly.

Hopefully the color commands are the same... default gray and white are waaaayyy too close for this comp.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 11:03:54 pm »

The release notes seem pretty scarce... Is there a consolidated place somewhere where we can see the updates/differences between this release and the last (aside from crawling the forums)?

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 11:10:19 pm »

One thing I do immediately miss, is the ability to resize as I please, without having to go into the init file and messing around with that.

Buut...If memory serves, that came in one of the D releases, so I'll sit back and hope it returns when they get the merging stuff done. 
One or two little bugs I'll have to report to the proper authorities for exterminating, but nothing major just yet.  And it seems to run a lil slower than the previous versions...but aside from that, I'm quite liking what I see.
And as others have pointed out, the underground is so much more interesting.  I haven't hit any of the hidden secret goodies yet, but just the basic run of the mill digging is more diverse...  I don't see the enormous, empty, swaths of rock I used to...which is nothing but good.

Although without some documentation, the military page makes my head hurt...have to fiddle around with it to see what does what.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 11:10:47 pm »

Well, I'm going to dive right in. It's about time I created a new megaproject city...

By the way, let the naysayers say what they will. The new download page is badass in a nostalgic DOS sort of way.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31