Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 121992 times)

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2010, 08:33:53 pm »

Whenever I gen an island map I get 2 or 3 islands. That's cool but without sea-trade it means that I probably won't get all races on any single island. Is there a param to make it only 1 island ??? Luck?

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »

If this website is for April fools... well, it actually looks better than your old one.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

One hell of a birthday present.   :D

Worldgen seems a lot faster, even if the initial movie is a lot slower.  Ohh, but this is goood.

Toady, you are brilliant!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Durin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »

I haven't even downloaded it yet.  Just got home and immediately checked to see if it was here.  YAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:25 pm »

O_O

THIS IS THE REAL THING?!?!?

Oh my gods. I loaded the page and thought,  :( hey, it's a joke, it'll be an old version of the code, 2d mode or something.

No... It's the real thing! TOADY, I love you man! Awesome new website look, too
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2010, 09:11:26 pm »

I'll download it after some more debugging goes on.  But!

Toady, you are awesome  ;D

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:06 pm »

Dwarfgasm!!
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:42 pm »

W00T! 31 is out!

I'll wait for debugging, but I'm hyperventilating right now.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

DoctorZuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2010, 09:50:03 pm »

Wicked sense of humor releasing this on April 1st. I was sitting here thinking if this is an April fools prank I'm going to hunt down Toady and eat his liver!!! (download)...

All paranoia aside. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The new underground areas are even more fun than anticipated. This is great! My very first new fortress. I naturally had to dig straight down as far as I could. I got down maybe 40 levels before having to stop because I found ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dug through three other underground features to get there too. There's no shortage of fun stuff underground anymore.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:55:58 pm by DoctorZuber »

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2010, 09:58:44 pm »

I gotta say, this new website looks a lot better than the old one.  The world maps in the background are cool even though they're too distracting.

Took me about 3 hours to generate the world though.  Getting to year 1050 took a long time, and often it'd seem to freeze up for a minute before incrementing to the next year.  I wouldn't expect it to take that long when it typically took 5-10 minutes before.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2010, 10:01:37 pm »

I can start that Pikmin mod I've been wanting to do soon, then.
I'll need to play this version unmodded first though.
For some reason, I have an urge just to look at the bug tracker, find a good bug, and emulate it.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »

I was able to generate a thousand year old world in VMWare Fusion in about twenty minutes.

It ended eating all of my battery, though. Time to get a Mac Pro!

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2010, 10:26:17 pm »

Those who are waiting for debugging may want to download this build just to browse through Legends. Reading the descriptions of Forgotten Beasts, or how various Titans have interacted with the civilizations of the time, is great. It's also more interesting now to read through the locations of many other things due to so many new (and so much more variety in, and autonomy concerning) entity positions. I was reading about two competing religions concerned with the same deific cave fish, and one of them had an entity position called "spirit echo" that I let my imagination run wild with. Cool stuff. :)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:03 pm »

I managed to nab the torrent just before the site went down entirely for a while, and ended up hosting it on a school server for a bunch of friends  ;D

I rolled an extremely violent world where there were never more than a thousand people alive, elves died out entirely, and had the curious feature of a river valley surrounded by mountains on all sides containing one mountain home and three goblin fortresses.

Settled at the head of a brook, had a great start but I broke into a cavern and a frigging forgotten beast came out in year 2. Since I was in that river valley, no human caravan meant I was too hard up for supplies to have a really effective fortress..., people seem to get unhappier a lot easier now.

Gonna start a second fort now...
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:54 pm »

I dug too deep! Woot!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31