Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72528 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2010, 05:54:31 pm »

...Hey, qwertyuiopas, think you can take one over when we are about to leave? ;D
As in literally control it, or duplicate it?

Duplication would be a perfectly overpowered and yet GModish response, and why have one when you can have an army?

Besides, the advanced duplicator is better, if only beause it allows saving and loading of duplications, so I could accuire an inventory of useful/overpowered objects...

And if duplication won't work, maybe I could go at it on a lower level with memcpy()...

But that would be a *long* term goal...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2010, 06:16:39 pm »

I plan to have the robot come with you anyway.

I think I'm going to have you guys (have an opportunity to) pick up an NPC in every world you come to.

EDIT:

This is the construction computer:

It's very user friendly, just hit the buttons to make your selection, then press the enter button which I neglected to draw.
Just assume that all non-sentient TOAST Industries machines are extremely user-friendly and can be operated by buttons and screens located on their front panel unless specified otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:38:55 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:05 pm »

What, no touchscreen or implant-connection based interfaces?
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2010, 08:56:50 pm »

What, no touchscreen or implant-connection based interfaces?
I would assume we need better implants to use something like that. Touchscreen would be nice though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2010, 09:44:04 pm »

Oooh, select the more option!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2010, 09:10:20 am »

Oooh, select the more option!

Choose your implants too (we're working in the past).

ExKirby: You know, if you "need info", you could just go up to the robot and ask him without shooting him...

EDIT:

P.S. You'll need that robot later. So don't kill him. Not that you can anyway.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:32:21 am by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:55 am »

Meh, we'll go with your plan, Schilcote. But if I get no info, we go with the shooting.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »

What is with this obscene lack of actions? This is blasphemy! This is madness!

We only have 4 posted actions, out of 7 players.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2010, 03:34:11 pm »

Alright, changing my action to Select semi-portable lift.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:38 am »

I'd just make a lift. But hey, he said bonus points for creativity. Thus, I will... concoct a plan! (Muahhahahaha!)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2010, 01:07:16 am »

Those goggles are perfect.(even if they do nothing...) They are the ultimate headgear for doing SCIENCE!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2010, 06:49:15 am »

TURN 12:

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

qwerty: 5

You code a very versatile tool that can affect gravity's effect on certian objects. It can also display the weight of objects, and apply properties to it's holder.

ineuniso: 4

You select *MORE*. Looking through the list, you see a "Fcr Cnon" that catches your eye. You select it, and the screen changes to some green text:

1: models\hunter\plates\plate1x1.mdl  1

A small plate, large enough to accomodate one person standing on it, floats over to the machine. You press the enter button again, and a shower of sparks emits from the plate! After the sparks subside, you see that there is a small thing in the center of the plate...

ExKirby: 4

You head twoards the large robot. Now that you are closer up, you can see that it has something resembling a short millitary haircut on the top of it's head. You ask it to identify itself. It answers in a deep voice:

"I am NUKM. New Universal Killing Machine. What are you, a poster child for birth control?"

You ask it where everyone went.

"They escaped in the evacuation modules."

What were they escaping from?

"Cronus."

At that moment, a sawblade whizzes past you! Roll to dodge: 2! Both of your legs are taken cleanly off! NUKM shrugs and points one of his arm-discs at the wound. Your legs reattatch, and you feel as healthy as ever. Over yonder you see a very strange looking robot with a different company's logo for a head... none of its components seem to be attatched to eachother. "Come get some..."

Frelock: 1

After Inteuniso finishes fooling with the TOAST Industries device, you go over to it and select the "Semi-portable lift". The machine throws it together, and you carry it over to the cliff. Suddenly, the upper portion of the lift flies around the room! Roll to dodge: Frelock: 5 Qwerty: 6 Dragnar:3 Inteuniso: 6 Sensei: 5 Tehstefan: 4
In an impressive display of dodging prowess, everyone manages to evade the rouge lift. It's now resting at the base of the concrete cliff.

Sensei: 2

You don't come up with anything, and the plate zooming around the room is rather distracting.

Dragnar: 3

You try to take off with someone, but it seems your implant only has enough power to lift you. You run at the cliff and jump, and just barely make it over.

tehstefan: 6

Tehstefan runs over to the construction suplies and chooses a barrel of volatile substances. He jumps on top of it, then shoots it with his magnum! Roll for damage: 2. He sustains no damage. You land on the upper end of the halway with Dragnar.

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the TOAST implant booth area.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.
Implants: Remote camera 0, sensor 0.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST test chamber 1, near the beginning.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the TOAST test chamber 1, near the end.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. Somewhere...
Enhanced bone structure (-1 to enemy damage roll)
Hoarse (-1 to command for 2 turns)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage). In the TOAST test chamber 1, near the beginning.
Implants: Sensor 0, Hidden Entity Detection 0.
Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun(loaded with gravity modifier). Location: In the TOAST test chamber 1, near the beginning.
Implants: Remote Camera 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Location: In the TOAST test chamber 1, near the end.
Implants: Flight 0, Hidden Entity Detector 0
(technically, modules... I don't quite know if I should have them be different, but I'll just assume you have the nearest equivalent available)

NPCs:

NUKM:
He is approaching the odd-looking robot who fired on ExKirby.
He appears to be in perfect working order.

EDIT:
This is the semi-portable lift.

It uses hydraulics to move you up, and a ranger to determine where the ceiling is. Press the button to go up to the ceiling or down to the ground.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:33:41 am by Schilcote »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:19 am »

If that second robot was the one that attacked me, fire upon it. Otherwise, claim this building in the name of Orange Star, because I legally can.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:57 am »

If that second robot was the one that attacked me, fire upon it. Otherwise, claim this building in the name of Orange Star, because I legally can.

It was. What building? You're outside.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2010, 10:45:31 am »

That doesn't mean I can't claim it. So long as I'm near enough, I have good reason to and the owner/founder/whatever is off premesis. Considering I was looking for the owner, I can't be too far away, I already entailed the crimes and I now know that he ran for the hills.

...But claiming can wait.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73