Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73

Author Topic: Netland RTD: Erectin' ADDITIONAL PYLONS  (Read 72499 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland RTD: Some stay dry and others feel the pain
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2010, 06:37:58 am »

I get up, draw my pistol, and say "I'm sorry Mr. TIRE, but I know of your plans." Then fire. (Amd get owned, which always happens when I fight.

What? Do you actually think the TIRE is conspiring against you, or are you just trying to get killed?

A basic rule of thumb: Anything with the TOAST logo is either a neutral party or an ally unless specified otherwise (by the machine in question's turrets).
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:58 am »

Well, if everyone moves on with the plot, I will follow, but for now:
-Code a generic "gun" that instead interfaces with a selectable script to result in various actions. (Think GMod toolgun, but some of the effects I have planned for it are far worse... Bwahahahah...)
Eh?
Eh!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02:34 am »

I get up, draw my pistol, and say "I'm sorry Mr. TIRE, but I know of your plans." Then fire. (Amd get owned, which always happens when I fight.

What? Do you actually think the TIRE is conspiring against you, or are you just trying to get killed?

A basic rule of thumb: Anything with the TOAST logo is either a neutral party or an ally unless specified otherwise (by the machine in question's turrets).
Not the TIRE, TOAST itself is conspiring.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:41 am »

Frankly, I think you should just have the TIRE gun him down and be done with it.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:34 am »

Not the TIRE, TOAST itself is conspiring.

Is not. Even if they were, attacking a TOAST robot head-on is suicide.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2010, 11:50:57 am »

Ok, new action.

Become concious.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2010, 12:52:03 pm »

Ok, new action.

Become concious.

You did anyway...

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

All the pepole who decided to talk are going to get lumped into one big paragraph (talking is free, expecially when it's plot-related).

Frelock: 6 (hmm...)

You decide to ask the TIRE where there is a place you can set up shop. He thinks for a second, then speaks, and while his face is just a flat plate, you can feel that he's grinning inside. "I think I know just what you want, sir... if you'd follow along to the implantation stations, we can get you signed up for VSP..."

I really didn't know what to do with this, and the 6 compounded things. What I'm going to do is just make sure that you get your hacker cave. There won't be any roll bonuses to anything, but there will be an effect. You'll get an extra-special implant too (though with the plan I've decided to go with, everyone will get one later on. You'll still get yours ahead of the others though).

qwerty: You summon up a little gizmo that will accept scripts and pass parameters to them as required.

You'll have to roll to create new scripts, but ones already created can be swapped in as a free action.

ExKirby: 5-2=3

You awaken.

tehstefan, dragnar, and sensei:

Inteuniso asks the robot where the implants will be received. "There are implantation booths just outside of this area, I can set you up there." Tehstefan asks about the effects of these implants. "The implants have absolutely positively no side effects. They are installed using propcore, no surgery, only takes a minute. The base model which is required to gain level 0 security clearance (which is the lowest possible) is nothing more than a small HUD and linkups to the various TOAST data systems and mainframes. More advanced implants hook onto it and use it as a base." "As for mister... Dragnar, we can simply add a few TOAST Industries standard modules (TOAST technology is very modular, there's a lot of standardization and interchangeability) for about the same effect." Sensei asks what jobs there are. "TOAST Industries is a very, very freeform company, the use of all our facilities is free and there's really no defined jobs. You do what you feel like doing. The only limitation we have is your security clearance, a level 0 won't be able to get many of the implants that we have to offer, and many TOAST machines won't respond to your commands. Increasing your security level is a simple process however, you really just need to prove that you won't abuse your power and/or turn against the company."
"Now, let's all go to the implantation booths..."

Everyone follows the TIRE as he opens a door and walks to a series of small elevator-like booths, about 2X2 meters in width and length, and two and a half meters tall. "Everyone except Dragnar, please enter one of the booths. They will automatically detect you have no base implant and install one. Just get into the restraint at the back and wait for the process to finish."

You enter the booth and open up the metal pod in the back, then get in. The bars clamp shut over your torso, and a metal plate materializes over the former doorway. It grows dark. You hear a whirring sound, then a thump. Six thumps, one for every person in the booths. You hear a different whirring, and then a very odd sensation. Not pain, but it's nothing you've ever felt before. A transparent black square appears in the upper left corner of your vision, only somewhat noticeable against the dark interior of the booth. Text appears in the square, "TOAST INDUSTRIES IMPLANT BASE V12[/glow]". After a short delay, more text appears one line down "REGISTRATION COMPLETE, CLEARANCE LEVEL 0.[/glow]" another short pause, the on the next line "MANDATED TASK: INSTALL OPTIONAL IMPLANTS AND PROCEED TO TESTING AREA[/glow]".

The lights come back on, the restraint unlocks, and the metal panel disappears. You step out of the booth, noticing that when you look at it, the black square shows the text "TOAST Industries Implant Installation Station".

"You can install two optional implants now, your HUD screens will show the options. You operate the interface for your implant through thought." You look at the booth, and try to request a list of available implants.

The HUD screen reads:

MODULES INSTALLED:
BASE

MODULES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR LEVEL 0:

FLIGHT 0
AUTOMEDICAL 0
TELEKINESIS 0
SENSOR 0
AIM 0
REMOTE CAMERA 0
HIDDEN ENTITY DETECTOR 0

"Choose two modules, then we will proceed to the testing facility."

Statuses:

Frelock: Wristwatch, computer terminal, glasses, civilian clothes, pamphlet, a jewel-encrusted egg, a bag which contains a lunch and a clove of garlic, and a bottle of water. In the TOAST implant booth area.

Proficient in modifying, and synthesizing with hacking tools. (+2 to modification and +1 to synthesis at short range)
Advanced in healing (+2, can use on two targets in one turn)
Is going to get a nice hacker cave soon.

Inteuniso: Tau armor, pulse rifle, elfin sword. In the TOAST implant booth area.
Dabbling swordsmanship.
Dabbling dancing.

Tehstefan: .44 Magnum, Fedora. In the TOAST implant booth area.
Agile (+1 to running and jumping).

ExKirby: Red Helmet, Red Army Gear, Combat Knife, .9mm Pistol, StA52 Assault Rifle, Meaningless Commander's Badge. In the TOAST implant booth area.
Enhanced bone structure (-1 to enemy damage roll)
Hoarse (-1 to command for 3 turns)

Sensei: Knife, suitcase O' spectacles, electric brass lantern, two lengths of rope, uranium battleaxe (+1 enemy dodge, +1 damage). In the TOAST implant booth area.

Glowing(-1 to being sneaky, provides light. Not controllable... yet).

Qwertyuiopas: Computer-goggles, scriptgun. Location: TOAST implant booth area.

Dragnar: Built-in laser pistol, mining tools. Location: TOAST implant booth area.

Hey, could we skip character names and refer to characters by username instead like Multiworld Madness does? All they do is make things confusing.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:50 pm »

I stealthily try to find a way to the manager's office. If I need to, use knife and pistol to remove any obstructions, live or not live.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 02:04:42 pm »

I stealthily try to find a way to the manager's office. If I need to, use knife and pistol to remove any obstructions, live or not live.

Choose your implants first. I suggest automedical and flight.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2010, 02:08:45 pm »

Hey, could we skip character names and refer to characters by username instead like Multiworld Madness does? All they do is make things confusing.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

PRINT "Hello world!"
INSTALL REMOTE CAMERA 0
INSTALL SENSOR 0
HELP VSP

Proceed to testing area.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 02:11:30 pm »

I never agreed to that. I was still in the arrival room. NO IMPLANTS FOR ME, SUCKER.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 02:15:39 pm »

HELP VSP

You'll need to go through the testing before they'll put you on VSP (P stands for project, to explain the grammar). VSP uses some of the most advanced technology in Gmod, you should master your standard implants and boost your security level first.

I never agreed to that. I was still in the arrival room. NO IMPLANTS FOR ME, SUCKER.

If you didn't get the base implant at least, you'd just be locked in the arrival room. And I mean locked, the door only opens from the outside. If you really want to miss all those awesome implants I guess I can't stop you...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2010, 02:21:52 pm »

Meh, it seems I do need an implant... Ok, let's say I took it, but no upgrades. As soon as I get out of here, I'm getting an op to remove it. I just hope it doesn't fuck with my other implant... er... you heard nothing! But either way, this manager is going down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 02:51:47 pm »

manager is going down.

What did he ever do to you?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2010, 02:55:56 pm »

Lets see, he teleported me here without my permission, stuck a chip in my brain without permission, and if my logic is correct, he would've probably stuck me into a deathtrap without my permisdion.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73