Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Sky Darkened- CYOA/Interactive story  (Read 6799 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The Sky Darkened- CYOA/Interactive story
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:26 pm »

Seriously, instead of an extra M4 take the SDM-R.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2010, 10:53:27 pm »

Could you give us some more information about how much we can carry and the in-game advantages/disadvantages of the various guns and gun upgrades?
Do the 2 M4A1s with grenade launchers both have hand guards?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:48 pm »

An SDM-R is basically a modified M16 to act as a sniper rifle, with of course Semi-Auto. (Such as how an  M21 is a modified M14)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2010, 10:59:38 pm »

the two with 'nade launchers don't have handguards.

The advantages of the rifles are high damage, high ammo and okay accuracy. the downside is that he won't be skilled with it...

m9s are easier to use than rifles, have slightly less damage but higher ammo capacity.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:00 pm »

How is that possible? If there are 7 M4A1s, 6 handguards, and 2 grenade launchers, at least one has to have both, right? We'd need at least 8 M4A1s for none to have both.
We should definitely take the rifles, I guess.

The STANAG 30-round magazines are for the pistols, and the 15 round magazines are for the carbines and the SDM-R, correct?

How does carrying capacity work?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:32 pm »

The STANAG 30-round magazines are for the pistols, and the 15 round magazines are for the carbines and the SDM-R, correct?

Wrong way around. I don't remember M4 Carbines using 15 round mags.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 11:05:38 pm »

ehh, the 'nade launcher takes up the space under the barrel, so you can't put a hand grip thing.

Carrying capacity simply makes it harder to move/run/do athletic stuff.

And no, it's the other way around on the mags. the SDM-R has a handguard, I forgot to fix that.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 11:07:32 pm »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 11:10:08 pm »

Ooh. Never saw that before.

Damn.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 11:12:23 pm »

Anyway, how do rifles have "Okay Accuracy"? They're rifles. The only rifle I could think of with bad accuracy is the AK-47. (And a few WW2 Rifles)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 11:13:17 pm »

That's what I thought so too, especially when I looked up STANAG on Wikipedia, but he said:

m9s are easier to use than rifles, have slightly less damage but higher ammo capacity.
If the STANAGs were for the pistols, then the rifles would have higher ammo capacity, too. And as you know, the GM's word is the gospel truth. Rule Zero.
Oh, yep, that's right then.

Acanthus, we have 7 M4A1s, right? Let's say 2 have grenade launchers. Those don't have handguards. That means that 5 M4A1s are left. But you said we have 6 with handguards. So... would we just have a handguard laying around or something?

Hmmm, that makes sense. Phantom, how about we drop all our guns/ammo in favor of 3 M4A1s, the SDM-R, and 4 M9s, plus a few clips for them? That way we'll all be equipped, and be able to equip someone else if necessary. Actually, 9 people, if we really get stretched tight - 8 guns and the sword.

Phantom, yeah, there are those handgrips. But these aren't necessarily that type, no? Maybe they're a special type that only works without grenade launchers. You could say "Look, here is a picture of a tank" but that doesn't mean we get a tank.
That being said, as it is mathematically impossible to have 6 handgrips and 2 grenade launchers on 7 M4A1s without one having both, I still think there was a mistake somewhere. I mean, it's like that one thing - You have 3 colors of socks, you pick out 4 and you have to get a pair. It's just impossible not to.

Also the GM's word is still the truth forever. Just sayin'.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »

Aaargh that was awful
I started writing four posts ago and every time I tried to post someone else would post and I'd have to add more and aaaaagh

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:21 pm »

It all depends on how you use it. Obviously, if you tell Robert to run and fire full auto, it'll hit less than, say if you fire in semiauto whilst standing/etc. I was comparing it to other weapons, like a hunting rifle or a sniper rifle or
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the bandoliers, let's just say that they were torn up in the crash/by the ghouls.

On the m9s, I forgot to mention I was comparing them to our .357 revolver. I can be very forgetful.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:31 pm »

Acanthus, I still don't understand how 8 devices can fit on 7 guns with no gun having two devices...

Anyway, what does everyone think about this equipment?
Drop Revolver and Mahoney's Rifle, along with their ammo
2 M4A1s with grenade launchers
1 M4A1 with hand grip
1 SDM-R
4 M9s
15 15-round magazines
4 STANAG 30-round magazines

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

M9
Feed system 15 round detachable box magazine
Easy to use, due to being a pistol.
Should have much less damage due to firing 9x19mm Parabellum rounds, compared to M4s ammo.
M4A1
Should be accurate, due to effective range being 500 meters.
With or without grenade launchers, there are still many types of grips usable for it.
If firing standard FMJ rounds, overpenetration might be a problem, but any type of M4 ammo is still effective.
SDM-R
20- or 30-round detachable box magazine
Effective Range: 600 meters.
Semi automatic scoped sniper rifle.

I at least research weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9