Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10702 times)

Darkness3313

• Bay Watcher
  • On the item is an image of Darkness in Adamantine.
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves and the Silence of Graves (novice's succession)
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 08:11:53 pm »

We need to activate the Super Soldier project before we even think about mining out more of it.
(If you do it anyway, place a Masons workshop somewhere in your Mines(Close as possible to the adamantine) and have a  construct rockblocks on repeat and then when you hit the HFS, you already have a nearby mason near a ton of Rock blocks(Legendary Mason hopefully) and then he can build the wall and we can be happy.)
Darkness cancels die: Interrupted by Life.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 03:49:44 pm »

=Timber 23, y.54=
I feel as though I'm being incredibly redundant, but another kitten was killed by yet another batman today. I'll never understand why they insist on venturing out of the fort and frolicking across the dangerous terrain, does the threat of death intice them? It seems our emergency food stocks are now obsolete, so hopefully we can get some good trading in the next year or so to make up for it. We're down to a single dog, horse, and mule, none of which can breed with each other of course. Looks like its plump helmets all around for a while, I wonder what those elephants taste like?

=Moonstone 22, y.54=
Winter sets in and much attention has been turned to moving our stocks inside the fort. It's hard to believe we still have scores of items just sitting out in the daylight. A few adamantine wafers have been formed, but I'm still not sure on what I really want to do with them. Perhaps they are too valueable for a simple suit of armor, or exquisite sword. Besides I doubt Calhoun will really be able to tell the difference between a simple iron armor and adamantine anyway.

=Opal 4, y.54=
Someone swears they saw a goblin thief across the chasm earlier. I had to wonder why the hell they were even going near that place anymore. Seeing as there's practically nothing to steal here, I don't know why it would be a big deal anyway. Then again, he could be just checking things out for a larger force to come later. I'd better go see what the deal is...

What the hell?! He's just standing there like some statue or something, does he really think being green gives him some natural camouflage or what? If we had more than two bolts I'd send Calhoun to take care of the punk, but we're better off saving that for batmen and, Solon protect us, elephants.

=Granite 1, y.55=
We have settled fairly well into the mountain and everyone seems in good spirits at least. Though we have had no newcomers somehow work has been pushing ever onward. Private (or semi-private) bedrooms are being carved out now, and while the fort seems somewhat haphazardly thrown together, with more hands it could be easily sorted out. Of course there is stone everywhere as we have had little time to clean up. Still, I'm confident that the higer-ups are on to something in choosing this area for us. From a resulting arm-wrestling match, Wilsonns shall take command of the fort beginning today. I wish him luck. From here on, I am simply a miner/furnace operator and am happy to do so. Especially working with my precious adamantine.

{So you can see not much happened for the last few months, now Wilsonns is up, the save is here: Dyebraves y.54 , and here's the trade agreement with the dwarves if you're interested, I started a couple flasks. trade agreement y.54 I doubt you will, but if you need any info/help let me know. Luck be with you :), Also, if you could, let me know of job changes and deaths so I can update the OP. Otherwise I'll get it from the end-year save.}
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:54:23 pm by Arucard »

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 01:01:17 am »

Did the next turn actually start?
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21:30 am »

It should of been. The only post by wilson though is the sign up post, so it's a definite probably going to be passed. on.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:52 am »

If there is still room in this game (and assuming it is vanilla), I would like to join. You can assign me any dwarf you like, but I'd prefer something in agriculture or fisherdwarf.
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 12:12:40 pm »

If there is still room in this game (and assuming it is vanilla), I would like to join. You can assign me any dwarf you like, but I'd prefer something in agriculture or fisherdwarf.
Alright, I'll add Verdian to the list (yes, vanilla besides my graphics) and message Wilsonns to see if he's started/still interested. It's only been a couple days, but I do want to be sure he's still in.

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 09:09:25 pm »

Since this just started, would you consider restarting it with the new version?  :-\
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 02:14:42 pm »

Since I've had no response yet from Wilsonns, I'll let the other players vote. Adding a poll to the top, if it's decided to start over signups will be redone, if not I'll give Wilsonns until Sun. to respond and then we'll move to the next player. (I know I said 2 weeks but no response means likely he's gone)

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 06:59:56 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm not able to play...Can I pass my turn to someone and play it later?

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 07:42:22 am »

Sure, how far down do you need to go?

Well it seems most of the votes are to use the new version anyway. I'll let Calhoun start the first year this time and move myself into a lower position. The previous year was some sort of dream :P. I'll get the area we were in genned again and upload the save here.

Edit: Well since the world gen works differently now, we won't end up in the same area anyway. At this point I suppose it would be easiest to just allow Calhoun to start the fort as he wishes. Try to find an area with medium evil, chasm/pit, magma pipe, and underground river.

This is the outset dwarven jobs (the ones with preferences at least);
Wilsonns- woodcutter/carpenter, brings ax and kitten
Gnooble- mason/stonecrafter or mechanic
Darkness3313-metalsmith miner5, amor3, weapon2
Azulth-record keeper2, appraiser2, organizer2, judge1, building design3
Supercharazad-cook, competent brewer, grower
Arucard-miner, engraver
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:14:26 am by Arucard »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »

Bad news guys, do to my recent lack of an internet connection, (This is my first time online in like a week) I can't participate.  :(

(What did i ever do BEFORE the internet?)
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:27 am »

So if he's out I think I'm up if you want me to just gen a site and get to work I can start tomorrow.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:55 am »

Wow, this is falling apart fast. Ok, Gnooble try to find a site with the stuff I mention up there if you can. I'll re-reorder the OP.

Also, can you get me a shot of the unit list after you start for the dorf list? Afterwards I'll just update it by downloading the end-year saves.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:41:25 am by Arucard »

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 12:13:20 pm »

Well every site has underground water, magma, HFS, and caves now since the underground goes on forever, so heres the site we've got, its got a good mix, Untamed Wilds and has materials we'll likely need.

I changed up the skill levels on the dwarves but kept them the same types so everyone still gets what they wanted, also we have 6 females to one male, so if you cared about gender too bad  :D

Just from my initial play I've seen wolves and cougars.  Also reptilemen are listed as a civ so they're probably lurking about as well.  I'll get Spring and probably more up later after work.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:53 pm »

Cool, mostly the same, did you name the fort and group the same as well?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10