Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Brutal: Wrath of the Wilds - Beginning in thread hunt...  (Read 10007 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal: Wrath of the Wilds - First session finished and posted.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 02:26:38 am »

Humm just saw Bedding - Aids recovery. 50 gold for a 1x1 square. That will be helpful... I suggest that we break down that bed move it into the inner chamber than I take a nap.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:17 am »

Haika, since you got that much gold each you could, conceivably, pool it for some bigger thing. At the very least you could use it to clear some rubble.

I could, but at the same time, I'm rather greedy. And since I didn't find any gemstones to apease my sense of shiny things, I'll save up my coins for my own little part of the lair. For now, let the communal favor points be turned into gold and used for traps and clearing and general stuff like the shrine.

Though I was wondering, might we find any gemstones or shiny metal by digging around here? Dwarves usually look for stone with such things in it. And while iron and such has very little appeal, we might be able to sell it, or hit gems, silver, or gold. Not that I'm planning to sit around digging in the dirt for my shiny things, but still, it's possible.

And I'm fine with letting you have the bed, not like I can use bedding for anything. heh Maybe to hold my skull collection when I have more than one dwarf skull.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 02:38:17 am »

I think we should save favor points, they have to potential to be more useful than gold. As evidenced by the fact that you can turn one into 100 gold but it takes 250 gold to get one favor.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 05:21:19 am »

I also think we should get the shrine, even if we have nothing left for traps afterwards. We will probably rest for a while, if there are heroes coming to check out what happens, we'll probably still be here. And we will have the advantages of surprise, maybe number, darkness, knowing the map, and a frightening shrine.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 09:00:22 am »

I think we should avoid converting favor/gold if at all possible. It's just not efficient.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 10:52:30 am »

I think we should avoid converting favor/gold if at all possible. It's just not efficient.
Yes sorry, I also am against converting favor to gold... maybe gold to favor may be worth it... Any way even if we trade all of our favor for gold we still cant afford a shrine.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2010, 11:17:50 am »

Ho'kay. Hunting time GO!

Your group spends some time trawling the wilderness, until you discover an isolated compound. There are some low walls around, and occasionally you see someone wearing a brightly colored shirt walk from the compound to one of the smaller buildings nearby.

The compound has walls about six feet high, and is moderate sized. There are at least 5 people inside - you noticed 1 goblin, 2 elves, a dwarf and a human.
The front gate is open, allowing a view of a garden courtyard inside with a large fountain in the center.
The smaller buildings appear to be for storage of goods.

Anyone who wants in on the hunt, chime in now and we'll start. Also, choose the time of day you will attack.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal: Wrath of the Wilds - Beginning in thread hunt...
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:49 am »

I'm in, and I will of course choose to attack at night.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 11:38:50 am »

Eh... I only have one HP I think I am out... Unless you guys want me to come to wrap up your toys for you...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2010, 11:51:26 am »

sure, I suppose I'm up for a hunt, need to make some scratch somehow. XD

Oh, and yeah I'd prefer Dusk, better than night, but night will do if there isn't a dusk option.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

Yeah, dusk works for me.
*WHACK*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 01:14:46 pm »

The options are night, day, and twilight. There are technically two twilights, and one is dusk, so dusk it is!

So will there be any other takers, I wonder, or will this be a two man operation? :P

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 01:16:38 pm »

I'm in, dusk works for me! :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 01:23:46 pm »

Does the bed double my healing rate? Also have I healed at all before this hunt?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »

Bed does indeed double your healing rate. Right now, your heal wait is equal to your "regen" for each day you guys rest. For the purposes of this thread, assume it is equal to real life days where you are not adventuring. So you heal every day while sitting this out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8