Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096205 times)

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14895 on: January 15, 2018, 01:37:38 am »

I did some more research on my lizard demon librarian I posted about on the last page.  It turns out that he was originally the slade-thrusting founder demon of a goblin civilization.  In 68 a human site government arrested him (never heard of that happening before), and this seems to have had much the same effect on him as being kidnapped as a child except that he kept his original name.  He is now only a former member of the gob civilization he founded, and a few decades after being imprisoned he decided to become a mathematician.  He has independently discovered 28 theorems and written 23 scholarly tomes. Not bad for a giant lizard who smells like brimstone.

Now I just need to track down his binding slab so I can, uh get private tutoring I guess.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14896 on: January 15, 2018, 01:59:28 am »

on the subject of prisoners kinda got my adventurer kidnapped in a foolish attempt to find a necromancer book in fort mode.
longer story ends up with 2 grizzlybear women being sent out, one came back, the other getting captured and the rescue attempt ended up with a bear becoming a noble and returning home earlier thus not ending the mission or rescuing anyone.

Some how got the other bear freed by retiring the fort, jumping into adventure mode selecting the prisoner bear then ... the game plops them back at the fort site. killing any surprise of playing a prison break.
still she technically a prisoner of the civ. Vanilla 44.04 DF is a fun but weird game, time to download 44.05 then
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14897 on: January 15, 2018, 04:56:29 am »

Genned a world for 05, found this little place.

I guess its time for me to go on the Oraogon trail.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14898 on: January 15, 2018, 10:08:23 am »

I did some more research on my lizard demon librarian I posted about on the last page.  It turns out that he was originally the slade-thrusting founder demon of a goblin civilization.  In 68 a human site government arrested him (never heard of that happening before), and this seems to have had much the same effect on him as being kidnapped as a child except that he kept his original name.  He is now only a former member of the gob civilization he founded, and a few decades after being imprisoned he decided to become a mathematician.  He has independently discovered 28 theorems and written 23 scholarly tomes. Not bad for a giant lizard who smells like brimstone.

Now I just need to track down his binding slab so I can, uh get private tutoring I guess.

This is comic material, I think.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:28 pm »

No I'm 100% serious, that's what legends browser is telling me. I wouldn't have thought it was possible either but Dwarf Fortress just emergently goes off the rails sometimes.
I wonder when this "arresting" business started anyway, I'm sure I hadn't seen it before.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: January 15, 2018, 05:06:14 pm »

No I'm 100% serious, that's what legends browser is telling me. I wouldn't have thought it was possible either but Dwarf Fortress just emergently goes off the rails sometimes.
I wonder when this "arresting" business started anyway, I'm sure I hadn't seen it before.
I browse legends a lot, so I've seen it happen. It happens when a demon master makes a general instead of leading armies himself. Since he's a peaceful leader, he gets captured or executed instead of killed in battle.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: January 15, 2018, 08:31:07 pm »

I browse legends a lot, so I've seen it happen. It happens when a demon master makes a general instead of leading armies himself. Since he's a peaceful leader, he gets captured or executed instead of killed in battle.
Yup. They wind up assimilated into the civ that conquered them. The games seems to have a rather tenuous idea of how prisoners are treated. Slaves too. I once started out in a mead hall whose lord was not the usual glowing pink. Instead he was white, marked as a slave, and begged me to rescue him. The game simply neglected to remove his slave status upon promotion. Unfortunately, I got killed before I could return him to his home.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: January 15, 2018, 08:45:48 pm »

Nothing says they can't enslave people because they need competent leadership as opposed to miners or farmers. Which would seem to be supported by the fact that they thought it was a good idea to subordinate themselves to someone they enslaved.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: January 15, 2018, 09:22:53 pm »

Nothing says they can't enslave people because they need competent leadership as opposed to miners or farmers. Which would seem to be supported by the fact that they thought it was a good idea to subordinate themselves to someone they enslaved.
The Romans provide historical precedent for this sort of thing, so I hardly consider it a bug. What is a bug is the fact that he begged a random hearthperson to rescue him.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: January 15, 2018, 09:37:29 pm »

The Romans provide historical precedent for this sort of thing, so I hardly consider it a bug. What is a bug is the fact that he begged a random hearthperson to rescue him.
He wants to go home, he thought he spotted someone disreputable enough to help him, eh?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: January 15, 2018, 10:25:36 pm »

And it says "arrested", not imprisoned or enslaved?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14906 on: January 15, 2018, 11:43:54 pm »

What I meant was, someone should draw it.  Because the imagery of a 10 meter tall lizard demon thrusting a giant spike from the depths of Hell, only to be arrested by some humans, then becoming a mathematician and eventually winding up as a librarian telling visitors to be careful of damaging the books is hilarious.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14907 on: January 16, 2018, 05:57:21 am »

I'm imagining the Oblivion-type arrest, with the demon lizard just meekly crying (after the previous panels showed it as intimidating) as gargantuan cuffs are being put over its wrists.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: January 16, 2018, 07:42:30 am »

Thought this was odd. Testing to see if relations with semi-megabeasts are wonky right now in the way that megabeasts are (bronze colossus, rocs, and allegedly hydras not attacking on sight), and I wound up having a pleasant conversation with a cyclops. Naturally I told him what I tell everyone - the first most awesomest thing I did on my incident report list. "I killed a giant". So the entity in question he is referencing is another semi-megabeast - but my question is were these two legit friends or do all creatures under that category act as if they are some sort of society? So yeah, as soon as I told him about it he spit at me and we went toe to toe.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: January 16, 2018, 10:02:37 am »

well considering how binding and banishing works, in a you learn the name then at any point you can command them, someone got lucky on the demon names.
then again they also can just Die to a Cave crocodile or some unlucky hit to the brain case so agreeing to be capture sounds alot easier to do than die by a thousand cuts and have that sweet deal set up by a god go to waste.

since giant tall Lizardman librarian kinda something I didn't draw next to "necromancer saves Giant lizard wife from his own army."

edit: well I'm breaking down and going on a hunt to find a demon of my own after grabbing a slab from a bunch of dwarves who did the work of taking it out of the vault. going to science on Demon companions and Fort mode and "the fire imp child thing." see if it possible to get said demon to marry a dwarf by the game code it self.

edit: well I was kinda hoping the demon could pass the inspection check but I guess this is how Snang answers goblins

the escape ended up with goblins civilians running and fighting goblin militia while my Goblin adventurer.
probably should had seen something odd when there was goblin blood everywhere and corpses and Rumors of Goblin attacking Goblin filled up my adventurer's report log.
I guess hostile to neutral ethics now mean hostile to EVERYONE who doesn't answer back that they are an ally.
also I guess the criminal stuff Does explain how that one demon got arrested if the reports and Rumors are working Murder is now a crime and towns and sites will arrest folks if they are nearby.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:04:11 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1104