Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095724 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14865 on: January 06, 2018, 03:31:22 am »

Found a serpent man spearmaster vampire. This is going to be fun.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: January 06, 2018, 03:35:51 am »

There's also a werelizard. Going for the werelizard.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: January 06, 2018, 03:53:10 am »

Gave up my iron shortsword in exchange for a longsword. The shortsword was named Shortsword and the longsword was named Longsword. Shortsword was given away to some swordsman on an important mission. I want to see what he does with it.

Using the DFHack bind script, I made a cat my pet. Suggestions on how to name him?

Fought another were, got one-hitted. GG.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:09:51 am by KittyTac »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: January 06, 2018, 08:57:15 am »

One good way to steal artifacts without really fighting anyone: wait until it is night, then steal the artifact from the noble in their sleep.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: January 06, 2018, 09:30:52 am »

The goblins have been using dwarven prisoners, and now they're all over the map.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: January 06, 2018, 04:45:24 pm »

One good way to steal artifacts without really fighting anyone: wait until it is night, then steal the artifact from the noble in their sleep.

And if you have companions, get them to wait outside first...

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: January 06, 2018, 08:08:11 pm »

I was hunting a yeti in the frozen north when a gang of polar bear men attacked me. It was fun. Soon after a dwarf poet lost in the glacier wanted to brawl with me. I dont know the reason.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: January 06, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »

And if you have companions, get them to wait outside first...

Or steal it so quickly that you fast-travel away before they start fighting.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:30 am »

I'm going to write some books.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14874 on: January 07, 2018, 02:24:20 pm »

Found the lair of a Servant of Wrath - I think it had the most treasure I've seen in any lair, ever.

Admittedly, a large part of it was just mangled meat and other organic parts thrown around the lair, as well as a 3x3 pile of bone meal belonging to different races. Still, I salvaged an instrument, along with some coins.

EDIT: What the hell?

I came across a tent in the middle of the night, which had several prisoners inside it. They all attacked on sight - for whatever reason they weren't even sleeping. I forget if that bug got fixed or not - this race doesn't have NO_SLEEP either, so. There was also a single soldier, a recruit, who shouted "Intruder!" then flew away.

I asked one of them to join me and the other prisoners IMMEDIATELY turned on them. I recruited the other three but now they're hostile to me.
The group they mention is the government of a nearby town, out of which several refugees have escaped due to a marching army.

The soldier in question doesn't answer any of my questions, but I do get a prompt to join a troupe when talking to her.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:45:59 pm by ZM5 »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: January 07, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »

In the frozen wastes without food, I decided to hunt. Found a reindeer pack but they were running as soon as I got close to them, and couldn't catch them sprinting as I would tire sooner than them (no ranged weapon either). Instead I just choose one and tracked it in the snow. Not too much later I found it exhausted and just had to finish it. Not too much unlike UnReal World.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: January 07, 2018, 09:43:35 pm »

Found the lair of a Servant of Wrath - I think it had the most treasure I've seen in any lair, ever.

Admittedly, a large part of it was just mangled meat and other organic parts thrown around the lair, as well as a 3x3 pile of bone meal belonging to different races. Still, I salvaged an instrument, along with some coins.

EDIT: What the hell?

I came across a tent in the middle of the night, which had several prisoners inside it. They all attacked on sight - for whatever reason they weren't even sleeping. I forget if that bug got fixed or not - this race doesn't have NO_SLEEP either, so. There was also a single soldier, a recruit, who shouted "Intruder!" then flew away.

I asked one of them to join me and the other prisoners IMMEDIATELY turned on them. I recruited the other three but now they're hostile to me.
The group they mention is the government of a nearby town, out of which several refugees have escaped due to a marching army.

The soldier in question doesn't answer any of my questions, but I do get a prompt to join a troupe when talking to her.

There are hostile, mute recruits all over my world. A look at legends reveals that they're prisoners of goblins.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: January 08, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »

Seriously, I hate the rumor system as substitute for proper quests. It is bugged and mostly don't work. I was passing at a hamlet and there were bandits at the well. They tried to mug me and then attacked me. I beat them only at brawl level until they yielded (though my companions would still continue beating the crap out of them). The lord of the hamlet told me about how the bandits of that particular group were harassing the town, even told me the name of their leader and the location of the camp. I went to the camp, demanded the leader to wield, he refused, I attacked (just with punches) and they attacked me at lethal level, so I killed all of them (the ones that yielded were killed by my companions). I then returned to the village with the leader head but the lord would say that he didn't know the bandit leader. He wouldnt recognize the leader was dead either. Then I told him about the events at the camp and he said I was violent, even still saying his hamlet was being harassed by the same bandits I had just dealt with.

I did all I could to avoid been seen as the aggressor, avoided killing the bandits, and still got the reputation as violent.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: January 08, 2018, 08:56:36 pm »

Well, you were. When people tell you you're violent or a killer, it's not a value judgement, but a statement of fact.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: January 08, 2018, 09:15:41 pm »

Well, you were. When people tell you you're violent or a killer, it's not a value judgement, but a statement of fact.

I tried to solve it peacefully (to the extent the game allows it) , I wasn't the aggressor. But the real problem is the lack of proper closure, the lack of a quest format, where they asked for help (they did) and they recognize I solved their problem (they didn't).
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1104