Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095716 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14835 on: December 29, 2017, 05:14:33 pm »

so after several hours of getting enough undead minions to build a pool, combine with chopping down enough trees and fighting off hummingbird demons and their friends on every attempt to construct anything in adventure mode building the only parts I used dfhack on was water retrieval(and getting logs, which in hindsight seem silly as by the time I was chopping down trees I was getting more lumber than I needed), I finally got a "boat" fort

so that scratch one Adventure mega project off a large list.

it more oil tanker than boat at this point given there's a support to keep it up.
other than that uhh kinda wonder what other theme embarks can folks make with adv camps.

Wait, it looks like fort mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: December 29, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »

-snip-

well ... yes but the whole process to get to this point was done in Adventure mode the picture is just showing off what would happen if you embark on the site.
here is the camp in adventure mode

which now visiting this place post embark the game still remember the nano fort embark placement but still made it so I can play the whole camp, which means I can go back and build on the camp in Adventure mode... outside of a small piece in the the middle of the camp that is lock off.

edit: ok so studying this weird mess means players can embark on a camp site 8 different times with 8 different civs, and still have access to building on the camp in adventure mode, and gain full site access on top of it in fort mode.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:47:48 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: December 29, 2017, 08:37:10 pm »

-snip-

well ... yes but the whole process to get to this point was done in Adventure mode the picture is just showing off what would happen if you embark on the site.
here is the camp in adventure mode

This is really neat.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: December 30, 2017, 09:46:52 pm »

My rogue bard was visiting a dwarf fortress, composing a song in the tavern when a night creature attacked the trade depot! The soldiers stood idle while civilians charged furious against the night creature. It broke the bones of many and bit off the hands of a few but a woodcutter hit it twice with an axe. In the next turn the monster killed it with a punch in the head. After some time my rogue got close and killed it with a stab in the skull from behind.

I didnt know night creatures would attack settlements. It is kinda suicidal, as I dont think they will ever run away if things go bad. civilians charging to attack it shows that the morale system still need some balancing, though. Civilians should fight only if left no alternative or if the monster killed one of their loved ones.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: December 31, 2017, 02:57:07 am »

Had a very close call while exploring a Dwarven Fort. Walk down several set of stairs and look around some rooms, start to come back mot even a minute later and see a trail of blood. Follow it back up the stairs, and I see a blood-bath of corpses and a dead Giant Cave Spider. Legends Mode stated that a Miner killed the Spider after it managed to take down several civilians and two soldiers.
I didnt know night creatures would attack settlements. It is kinda suicidal, as I dont think they will ever run away if things go bad. civilians charging to attack it shows that the morale system still need some balancing, though. Civilians should fight only if left no alternative or if the monster killed one of their loved ones.
I once had a huge group of over a dozen Night Creatures attack a town in the middle of the night several versions ago. None of the civilians fought back or helped though. Just stood there while their neighbors got mauled to death and I did all the work, complaining about how horrifying it was.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: December 31, 2017, 04:09:32 pm »

When I walked into the temple, I greeted the priest, he said it was good to see me, then stabbed my throat open? I disarmed him and knocked him into the pit, thankfully a statue was within quick walking distance to save me...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:44 am »

edit: ok so studying this weird mess means players can embark on a camp site 8 different times with 8 different civs, and still have access to building on the camp in adventure mode, and gain full site access on top of it in fort mode.

Which gives me a really sweet idea
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: January 01, 2018, 02:19:28 pm »

Playing as a elephant seal man, got a quest to kill a vampire in the same village I started. Now everyone hates me. I was hunting another vampire when I was attacked by 4 human recruits, all of them from the same village. I think they formed a squad to hunt me down? Didnt want to kill them, though they all are worse than before.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: January 02, 2018, 08:08:28 am »

Was messing around with DFhack. Wanted to see if a bunch of citizens would stand a chance against a generic shadow clown that dies in one hit (the clown is composed of ash and the only aimable body parts were its head and upper body iirc).

The result: the clown not only bit an elven poet's nose from behind, but it bit the elf's nose so hard that his skull split into gore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would like to think I have a good sense of imagination, but I couldn't even illustrate this in my head.   

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: January 02, 2018, 08:27:33 am »

Was messing around with DFhack. Wanted to see if a bunch of citizens would stand a chance against a generic shadow clown that dies in one hit (the clown is composed of ash and the only aimable body parts were its head and upper body iirc).

The result: the clown not only bit an elven poet's nose from behind, but it bit the elf's nose so hard that his skull split into gore.

I would like to think I have a good sense of imagination, but I couldn't even illustrate this in my head.   
I think the shadow demon stood behind, outstretched its neck (quite elastic due to composition and no blood flow) so that it can look at a poet, then CLAMPED its jaws on elf nose so hard that acoustic wave destroyed the skull and ended the poet. What I'm more amused about is how abysmally BAD the poet should have been to deserve such brutal execution.

Or, another explanation, that with the demon being roughly 7-8 times bigger than its target, his bite was simply not precise enough.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: January 02, 2018, 02:10:25 pm »

I think the shadow demon stood behind, outstretched its neck (quite elastic due to composition and no blood flow) so that it can look at a poet, then CLAMPED its jaws on elf nose so hard that acoustic wave destroyed the skull and ended the poet. What I'm more amused about is how abysmally BAD the poet should have been to deserve such brutal execution.

Or, another explanation, that with the demon being roughly 7-8 times bigger than its target, his bite was simply not precise enough.

Very small demon loads self into comical slingshot
Fires itself at back of poet's head
Blasts through the back and out the front of head like the kool-aid man (oh yeeee)
Lands with nose in its teeth.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: January 03, 2018, 01:08:15 am »

I arrived at an elf forest retreat, and found many peasants standing around that complained about not meeting their loved one, then exploded away in a circle. Cut to one of them standing around on the other side of the world, stark raving mad. WTF?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: January 03, 2018, 01:28:04 am »

Stole dwarf bone greaves from a baroness and gave it to one of my companions, who had the greaves as a heirloom.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:25 am »

I arrived at an elf forest retreat, and found many peasants standing around that complained about not meeting their loved one, then exploded away in a circle. Cut to one of them standing around on the other side of the world, stark raving mad. WTF?
Care to elaborate?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: January 03, 2018, 01:45:04 am »

Care to elaborate?

This literally just happened. Don't know why. I'm fighting a giant wolf, my companions are wimps and fled, it disabled a motor nerve on my arm, and I'm trying to stab its eyes out. The arm isn't a problem because one arm is still perfectly functional, you can hold both a shield and a sword in one hand.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1104