Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102280 times)

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14010 on: April 26, 2017, 09:53:33 am »

Another start, in the ring brotheeer. AKA an outsider in a bandit camp. Just pretend that the bandits just started an impromptu fight club with some random naked guy they captured, and that I didn't just pop into existence and start punching things.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

I had a very similar situation happen to me recently where I wandered upon a group of humans who were standing idly by, watching a horse and a turkey recruit fight a wild boar. It was basically a fight club for their pets.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: April 26, 2017, 11:49:47 am »

I had a very similar situation happen to me recently where I wandered upon a group of humans who were standing idly by, watching a horse and a turkey recruit fight a wild boar. It was basically a fight club for their pets.

Whereas I basically forced the fight club on them. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: April 26, 2017, 12:02:14 pm »

Started up an adventurer who'd live naught but a day, in one of my favourtie forts. Walked up to the known vampire of my fort who's killed several, mostly random people I didn't care about, but he killed the swordsmith who'd just given me an artifact burning steel longsword... I grabbed the sword from the smith, walked around to track down the vampire, entered into a conversation with him, asked about his family, apparently he has an uncle with a completely different name, asked about his day and how he was feeling... Then as I was walking away I slice off both arms quickly, then stabbed him in the chest a few times, and then chopped off a leg. I walked up to the top of the craftmans tower, the highest point in my fort, and threw myself onto the cobble market square. I exploded on impact.

Load up my fort. Bastard's back up. Limbs and all. His chopped limbs and my body are still there, but he's got them back.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: April 26, 2017, 02:41:52 pm »

I do believe that this means you did not properly kill him dead enough. I recommend a good course of decapitation, followed by burning if at all possible.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: April 26, 2017, 03:05:15 pm »

I'm testing something out. I forget, was it Max or someone else that had that idea of an interaction that makes the target lose [CAN_LEARN]?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: April 26, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »

I'm testing something out. I forget, was it Max or someone else that had that idea of an interaction that makes the target lose [CAN_LEARN]?

That sounds along the lines of Max's black magic fuckery.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:22 pm »

I do believe that this means you did not properly kill him dead enough. I recommend a good course of decapitation, followed by burning if at all possible.

Just went back with a rhino man and gored his brain, another reload later weve got some people just kind of dead for some reason in the lower caste, but otherwise everythings good, especially the dead vampire. Swore he would've bled out by the time I climbed the tower.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: April 26, 2017, 04:09:16 pm »

Welp, it turns out my experiment in black magic fuckery didn't work as well. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »

Welp, it turns out my experiment in black magic fuckery didn't work as well. ;w;

My attempts at body swapping one time ended with me starving to death as a hydra... Not every attempt is successful.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: April 26, 2017, 04:17:45 pm »

Basically, I tried to see if I could do a version of Max's hack, except targeting corpses.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: April 26, 2017, 04:18:58 pm »

After spending ~1 hour figuring out how to befriend an ettin with my tick man while in stealth, I finally managed to make it join me as a performer after convincing him about the value of friendship and art and reciting a poem (I was playing a persuader run with high empathy and social awareness as well as adept persuader and speaker)... only to have it slaughter me the instant I came out of stealth. I had taught him the value of loyalty, law and fairness to prevent this from happening but that didn't work ;-;

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: April 26, 2017, 04:21:52 pm »

After spending ~1 hour figuring out how to befriend an ettin with my tick man while in stealth, I finally managed to make it join me as a performer after convincing him about the value of friendship and art and reciting a poem (I was playing a persuader run with high empathy and social awareness as well as adept persuader and speaker)... only to have it slaughter me the instant I came out of stealth. I had taught him the value of loyalty, law and fairness to prevent this from happening but that didn't work ;-;

Likely only taught one head such frivolities, the other stayed true to it's nature. Thank you for the laugh though, took a minute or two to stop.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: April 26, 2017, 04:30:22 pm »

The problem probably lies within the raws of ettins (they're probably hardcoded into murderers), althought I wonder if that'd work better on a semimegabeast child (well, I'd have to be lucky enough to generate a world were two of these mate, but still) ?

What I can say thought is that this kind of persuader build works extremely well against bandits and thieves (except Kobolds who cannot speak), you can usually convince them to change their values within one or two tries and force them into becoming good guys. If you can train your pacifier skill high enough (can't start with any points in that, unfortunately), you can stop conflicts easily by using "Ask for a cease of hostilities".

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: April 26, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »

oh crud that took way too long, but currently got halfway through setting up arena to be used as an AI battle for adventure mode using a script to assign army groups to combat group ids so they don't attack each other. the only thing preventing me is the whole, resurrection interaction seeps into the battle and horribly crashes the game.

probably should set this up in a different modded save.

I could just do no group battle royal type fights.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: April 26, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »

Basically, I tried to see if I could do a version of Max's hack, except targeting corpses.
You're gonna need to raise and then have them die immediately.

I tried to use this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:EXTRACT_MEAT_ADV]
[NAME:extract meat]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:MEAT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:DODGING]
As a workaround, I kept it because wild animals can't butcher targets without carrying weapons around, and while I did give the predator body plans [GRASP] tags on the back teeth it's silly for a giant lion to roam around using a sword instead of their teeth and claws, but being able to "tear a hunk of meat" out of your kills worked for me.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1104