Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102214 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13995 on: April 24, 2017, 05:09:42 pm »

On a quest to drive out outlaws that've taken over a hamlet. No one in the mead hall, but three civilians in the sole in-use house, and they say the rulers are outlaws without naming the leader. What do?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »

On a quest to drive out outlaws that've taken over a hamlet. No one in the mead hall, but three civilians in the sole in-use house, and they say the rulers are outlaws without naming the leader. What do?
I had the same problem when searching for four elves that are criminals in an elven retreat.
All the treehouses are empty, but the nearby peoples are tormented by this place.
I have no clue.

Meanwhile in my adventure:

Goblins: 24772
Humans: 355
Dwarves: 216
Soviets: 160
Kobolds: 104
Elves: 100
Reichs: 69

Holy Armok, what has happened to this world.
My adventurer has purpose now.
KILL THE GOBLINS
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:55 pm »

Welp, either offering one of the three civilians there the lord position and killing them, or just killing all three, was enough to turn the quest in.

Also? Brass knuckle hype.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: April 25, 2017, 11:19:39 am »

So I finally killed an Ettin that had been terrorizing the land by stealing everyone's beer and wine. I couldn't help but note that every time I tried to do it there was always mention of beverage thievery BEFORE mention of the fact that it had also murdered two people because it's some sort of extremely competent wrestler. First time: found the ettin and it got me in a headlock, gouged my eye out, professed its joy at improving its wrestling skills, and then punched me in the tongue so hard that it exploded, and my neck snapped and I was instantly paralyzed. It promptly choked me to death afterward. It took me like two or three more lives wandering the countryside in circles around its lair looking for it, before finally scoring another quest to kill it, as it had apparently changed homes since then. Don't EVER fuck with my lady's beer.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: April 25, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

Oh, I didn't even remember to post about walking into an animalman bandit camp, acting all friendly and handing out free drinks to everyone, only for it to be cups full of shoggoth slime. My next quest is to drive out a criminal gang in a town.

I'm having a flashback to the last time I was given a hearthperson quest to deal with an underground gang. Funny enough it devolved into poisoning people AFTER all the criminals kept coming back to life after waiting or travelling, making the quest impossible to complete. It also led to being followed around by a group of respawning sheep.

I'm gonna hope neither of those things happens this time.

EDIT: Oh SHIT.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Dropped out of fast travel due to a zombie feral ogre wandering through town. In the middle of a market full of sleeping merchants.

EDIT 2: Problem solved. Most of the merchants all woke up at once, and several drew knives and joined in the fight, along with a passing guard.

Only harm done was a butcher got a few bruises.

EDIT 3: I've explored the entirety of the dungeon. Their sprawling criminal organization consisted of a whopping one person. I fucking swear, if this doesn't complete the quest...

EDIT 4: It's a good thing I decided to check the local temples too. There's a master hiding underneath one.

EDIT 5: I found the motherlode of criminal scum. I've also found the occasional idiot mercenary or hearthperson down here, and might have accidentally strangled a few while rampaging down here. I'm now being more cautious about interrogating those I encountered down here.

EDIT 6: Woah wait. This hearthperson got angry at me when I mentioned I killed Wur Entrancedmassive was slain, the master I encountered earlier. What the fuck.

EDIT 7: Did a savescum to check legends mode. And yep, Wur's the leader of The Pink Council with no evident relationship to the local lord or anything like that, evidently the locals just like the local mob here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:42:50 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14000 on: April 25, 2017, 01:41:42 pm »

I've had the "you killed a criminal mastermind! You are a hero, but also a murderer! *spit*" thing happen to me before.

Dunno, maybe he/she was a villain with good publicity. Gave orphans to starving food and all that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: April 25, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »

Nah, my guess is they're the Dwarf Fortress equivalent of the mafia, and thus all the law enforcement is on their payroll. Because why else are all these hearthpeople venturing into the one catacomb these guys seem to be hiding in? :V

EDIT: Welp, I never did find the criminal gang my lord ACTUALLY wanted driven off. This might be about time to either retire this world to update my mod. Or maybe start poisoning everyone with shoggoth slime.

EDIT 2: OR DF could crash while saving. Ț̼̣̘͕h͙͍͇͓̖a̵̬̹t̰͍̙̭̗͕͟ ̥̩͇͉͔͎͘ẁ̙̺̖̲͇͉̣o͔̩̯̝̠̯r̰̙͎k͉̙̮̭s̢̮̠ ̩̬͔̭̥͎͜t̙̻̘͉o̶̟̰̪o̞͖̝͖͙̱͘,̫̠̘ Ị̹̮̦͎͓ ̘͇̀gu͓̬̤̮͓͔e̟͕͇̭͍̙͘s̘͡s͚̗.̧̣̲
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:04:42 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: April 25, 2017, 02:28:30 pm »

Welp, fuck it. New world, an-

Is there...a sane reason why a reptile man hamlet has a human bard and a goblin ranger, both dressed in the proper native attire, attacking me and my fellow lizards? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: April 25, 2017, 02:53:35 pm »

Hey so, how do you suck blood with a Mosquito man ? Does the person have to be unconscious like for a vampire's bloodsucking ?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: April 25, 2017, 02:56:25 pm »

Hey so, how do you suck blood with a Mosquito man ? Does the person have to be unconscious like for a vampire's bloodsucking ?
1. You have to be a mosquito woman
2. Just bite them and pierce the skin

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: April 25, 2017, 03:15:58 pm »

Welp, the hamlet is rapidly going batshit insane. Meanwhile, got a mission to go kill a grizzly from the chieftain. Take drugs, kill a bear.

And just when I see bear tracks and find a lair, I discover this lair has a cyclops in it instead.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: April 25, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

I've had the "you killed a criminal mastermind! You are a hero, but also a murderer! *spit*" thing happen to me before.

Dunno, maybe he/she was a villain with good publicity. Gave orphans to starving food and all that.

Reminded me of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: April 25, 2017, 03:41:53 pm »

I now have a better kill to my name than a mere bear, but I still have my mission.

EDIT: Also, everytime the mead hall loads up, a cavein occurs nearby. :V
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:48:49 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: April 25, 2017, 08:54:23 pm »

At Spiregems' tavern, Bim empties his pack into small sorted piles. Leaving the fort, he exits into a horrible sun and begins vomiting his way west.
Together with little bit of pain, the dizziness and nausea from cave adaptation sickness aren't bad for a dwarf. Every run needs a formative moment and usually it shouldn't be conventionally spectacular.

There's only walking and retching westward; Bim enters a red desert. It's cold and the woolen clothes come in handy. Bim turns around once he nears the edge of the red desert, still dizzy and retching. After being sick in the cold sun, it's time to boil tea in the limestone kettle he's just made.
Since he's feeling patient, it seems intuitive to progressively add to the express emotions catalogue with something suitably tedious.
He knaps 600 rocks to hit legendary knapper. Macro 6 pick ups for 99 rocks, then 5 singles. Put water into backpack to empty everything out at once. Macro sharp rock in groups of 99. Besides being timely, it's fitting as his name is Bim (Sling) Fieldpebble. That seems mistaken, no? It's as if he should macro throwing and archery with a name like Bim. Would be a mistake. IMO, there's never a good reason to macro anything combat related. For the most part, combat's fairly interactive. All of that's more fun when it's built granularly.

Time to return to Spiregems. Collect what he's left behind, then crutchwalk over the mountain range southward to human lands.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: April 25, 2017, 10:39:42 pm »

Another start, in the ring brotheeer. AKA an outsider in a bandit camp. Just pretend that the bandits just started an impromptu fight club with some random naked guy they captured, and that I didn't just pop into existence and start punching things.

First thing I did was throttle the only ranged unit there and hastily make a caestus from his ammo, then went to work on the rest. Got a point-blank point in my lower body as a keepsake. Soon enough I had a backback made from cutting up a hemp dress. Then on my way out, I find another hapless bandit...

Spoiler: screenshots (click to show/hide)

Then, on my way in search of a town, something else appears to fight!

It...doesn't fare well.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1104