Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104140 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13395 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:17 pm »

I think I found the problem. I seem to have no trouble ramming eagles and other wildlife, so trying to ride a minecart into something WAY bigger than me was a mistake. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: December 30, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »

I'm considering a restart using Adventurecraft. I stopped dragging bones home because I didn't see much use in them beyond a few crafts I had no real use for. That mod adds a shitload of uses for most stuff that makes hauling home your kills more useful.

Plus I made some mistakes in creating this character that would require a second character to work around, and I'm not one hundred percent sure that would work.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: December 30, 2016, 11:10:57 pm »

I think I found the problem. I seem to have no trouble ramming eagles and other wildlife, so trying to ride a minecart into something WAY bigger than me was a mistake. o3o
I remember doing that with a giant alligator.

VrrrrrrooomKABAMSTOP
*weeeearghohgodwhydidIdodthisfuck*

Tips: fake your armor into artifact quality or get actual artifact armor, a cloak, helm/breastplate/gauntlets/greaves/boots at least.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: December 30, 2016, 11:28:13 pm »

I'm considering a restart using Adventurecraft. I stopped dragging bones home because I didn't see much use in them beyond a few crafts I had no real use for. That mod adds a shitload of uses for most stuff that makes hauling home your kills more useful.

Plus I made some mistakes in creating this character that would require a second character to work around, and I'm not one hundred percent sure that would work.

Any excuse for me to shamelessly plug the mod. Plus you're just in time to go sailing around in a minecart you made yourself. 3:

I assume you became one with the speed?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: December 31, 2016, 01:01:12 am »

VrrrrrrooomKABAMSTOP

Tips: fake your armor into artifact quality or get actual artifact armor, a cloak, helm/breastplate/gauntlets/greaves/boots at least.
tips since the game is walled around you there a chance of you hitting the boundary box and Splat there if you go too fast.
jumping out of a minecart is safe, sadly moving off one isn't as toady seem to prevent folks from doing that now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: December 31, 2016, 07:53:11 am »

Any excuse for me to shamelessly plug the mod. Plus you're just in time to go sailing around in a minecart you made yourself. 3:

I don't think I'll do that minecart thing but I did just create a second copy of DF and add in Adventurecraft to it. Didn't even delete the old one, just rolled with a whole new game. So I can go back and forth at will if I wish.

I am still interested in seeing if I can write the secrets of life and death as song lyrics and turn others into Necromancers by concert instead of book, but this time I can make a badass warrior who can read and sing. Try having that bard running around your main tavern.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: December 31, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »

I don't think I'll do that minecart thing but I did just create a second copy of DF and add in Adventurecraft to it. Didn't even delete the old one, just rolled with a whole new game. So I can go back and forth at will if I wish.

I am still interested in seeing if I can write the secrets of life and death as song lyrics and turn others into Necromancers by concert instead of book, but this time I can make a badass warrior who can read and sing. Try having that bard running around your main tavern.

Nice. I always zip up a copy of my game's raws though. Easier than copying DF itself.

Not sure if that's possible yet, as learned knowledge concepts aren't really handled the same as musical forms. Mainly, no way to give lectures yet. If e did, that would be a great way to propagate knowledge, same as how storytelling can help spread knowledge of an event.

EDIT: So, I hit a tree and went flying. A long way. I'm amazed I survived. I also flew into an impala and sent it flying too. It didn't survive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:20:52 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: December 31, 2016, 04:25:26 pm »

So I started as a deep axedwarf in the mountainhalls, and headed to jog around in the tunnels to find a fortress to get out to the world, and most importantly, get armor. Unfortunately the tunnels were bugged, and I ended up having to teleport myself up to the top/middle of a mountain range. Apparently, the game simulates altitude sickness, as I'm now at around z+240 dizzy and sick on a plateau.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: December 31, 2016, 04:26:15 pm »

So I started as a deep axedwarf in the mountainhalls, and headed to jog around in the tunnels to find a fortress to get out to the world, and most importantly, get armor. Unfortunately the tunnels were bugged, and I ended up having to teleport myself up to the top/middle of a mountain range. Apparently, the game simulates altitude sickness, as I'm now at around z+240 dizzy and sick on a plateau.

You're a dorf, that's cave adaption for you. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: December 31, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

Oh, whoops. Forgot about that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: December 31, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »

Though altitude sickness works too. After all, you're getting closer to that big ball of nausea in the sky.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: December 31, 2016, 07:14:40 pm »

VrrrrrrooomKABAMSTOP

tips since the game is walled around you there a chance of you hitting the boundary box and Splat there if you go too fast.
jumping out of a minecart is safe, sadly moving off one isn't as toady seem to prevent folks from doing that now.
Jumping out still has extra velocity, I tried to dragonfall someone off a cart and wound up bouncing off a tree in pain, and yes, after the giant alligator encounter I went full plaid.

Best tip there is, aim your cart past the critter, drop another minecart and accelerate it at your target while riding past it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:16 pm »

Jumping out still has extra velocity, I tried to dragonfall someone off a cart and wound up bouncing off a tree in pain, and yes, after the giant alligator encounter I went full plaid.

Best tip there is, aim your cart past the critter, drop another minecart and accelerate it at your target while riding past it.

Which is weird, as it seems to cancel that momentum or at least not translate it into fall damage even if you channel a minecart cart into a 2 z-level fall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: December 31, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »

I tried out some of Adventurecraft this morning. Made a small world, humans were dead, played an outsider. Not doing that again. Not the Adventurecraft part, just the outsider part.

I will probably recreate my character for both warrior and bard work.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: December 31, 2016, 08:08:12 pm »

Outsiders aren't bad. You can get pretty much everything, excluding some armor and clothes.
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1104