Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2103996 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13425 on: January 01, 2017, 12:20:03 am »

I lucked out eventually. Nailed the bastard in the neck and paralyzed his legs with it. He stayed down and fought in place mostly while we took turns bashing and stabbing til one of my companions dealt the deathblow. And after some shifting things around, I now have a waterskin full of Draconic Fury!

Glorious. o3o

And don't forget that you can dupe liquids by emptying the container and then (WITHOUT moving away, that'll smear it and make unusable) use interact (default is "I") on the container to fill it from the pool on the ground.

Which is also good if you have a cup or goblet, so you can transfer the potion to that and use the flask/waterskin for something else.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: January 01, 2017, 12:34:59 am »

I have a goblet I made from a skull. And a helmet from another skull.

I'm done for the night but I'm gonna get back roughly to where I was in the vanilla game soon enough. Smaller settlement this time. Instead of the full 144 by 144 for a wall, it'll be more like 56 to a wall side and a twelve by twelve (ten by ten internal) keep inside. Enough room for a modest tavern on the ground floor, some home space on the second, and a full-on barracks on the third. I've been making spears whenever I get the material. I'm up to three. I have a quiver on my back for storing them, once I empty the damn thing out of other stuff too. My guy's gonna be a hammer wielding peltast who throws spears before getting knee deep in the fight. Unless I'm fighting other missile forces. Then I'm just gonna sneak around and close in for the kill.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: January 01, 2017, 01:12:32 am »

Noice. Meanwhile, I survived a nasty flight out of a minecart, but my armor got a bit dinged up. In my hunt for the sake of obtaining bone glue, I gently caressed this weasel and it just kinda...fell apart.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: January 01, 2017, 05:01:53 am »

It's tricky but not impossible to insert the right references to make yourself part of a civ so you can claim and such properly.

How do you even. Lemme guess, DFHack sorcery?
Doesn't temporarily retiring in a civ's site work?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: January 01, 2017, 06:26:23 am »

Ooh. Only problem is this still precludes making claims in Monster Islands. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: January 01, 2017, 06:53:53 am »

Ooh. Only problem is this still precludes making claims in Monster Islands. o3o
so been thinking about this what if you made a npc from resurrecting a dead adventurer on a camp and getting them to claim the site via world gen nonsense?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: January 01, 2017, 08:37:47 am »

I assume we're talking DF Hack sorcery, since zombies don't claim sites.

That would be interesting to see.

ETA: I've completed my fourth mission: killing a particular bat woman who apparently killed people. She denied being a night creature of any sort, and she was a simple leatherworker. Still, I turned in the quest and it all worked out. Not sure what that was. I now lead a party of eight humans and myself. I'm probably as big as two of the humans combined because that's what the raws say Tiger men are. It's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:18:10 am by Urist McVoyager »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: January 01, 2017, 09:22:16 am »

Yeah, I was talking about just going in directly and grabbing a relevant link then adding in the necessary connections, I really should hack in a way to make gm-editor pull up the nemesis entry instead of the unit page, nemesis is so much more useful since it gives the histfig entry and adventurer flags too.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: January 01, 2017, 09:24:31 am »

oh I mean df modding sense.
dfhackery could just bypass the lack of sites and probably set up a way to retire and claim.
currently trying to see if I can get migrants and guests working on a dfhack site to see if it could work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: January 01, 2017, 09:53:31 am »

I'm on a mission to kill another bat person, and I stopped off at one of those asterisk things to see what was up. It was a camp. A few warriors were awake, some were sleeping. Soon as I figured they were probably bandits, I just went for it and killed every one I could catch.

I have twelve companions. I doubt very many of the enemy made it out alive.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: January 01, 2017, 10:45:04 am »

oh I mean df modding sense.
dfhackery could just bypass the lack of sites and probably set up a way to retire and claim.
currently trying to see if I can get migrants and guests working on a dfhack site to see if it could work.
Try adding a link to your parent civ for your entity, and I think flags[8] does something or other?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: January 01, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »

I think after I finish my fifth quest, I'm going to find a forest and build a site there. I'm going to dial back my ambitions for it from a wall spanning the whole site to something more akin to the Medieval motte and bailey forts people used to put down when they wanted to quickly control an area. I should be able to fit every important thing into it so I can stash my supplies and tools and don't have to carry them all around with me. Would be nice for that quiver to only hold ammo for a change.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: January 01, 2017, 02:05:43 pm »

Nice. I really wanted to build a site on a major road's river crossing in an earlier game, to make travelers pay da troll toll.

But motherfuckers just go right over rivers without regard for if there's a road.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: January 01, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »

Overworld travel doesn't regard structures like walls or roads yet. Otherwise I'd be doing military campaigns where I do fortify every major river crossing and mountain pass into my nation. For now I just need an easily secured, easy-to-build base that preferably can finish with just what's on-site. I've learned what a hassle it can be to need to haul shit from off-site into your borders.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: January 01, 2017, 02:29:34 pm »

I would've loved to hold up people trying to cross the bridge, too. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1104