Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104791 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9765 on: December 25, 2015, 03:32:53 am »

"A medium sized creature, prone to great ambition"
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: December 25, 2015, 03:59:10 am »

Apparently blood spatters from creatures are infinite unless cleaned with water, because my horde is covered in various forms of blood and the stand on top of each other a lot, so most of them stay prone. The smear the landscape red as we travel, which is pretty frikkin' metal.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: December 25, 2015, 06:49:12 am »

Uhhhh... in your image it notes a head with all other parts greyed out, but it also has alligator blood on several of those parts.

Never had my blood trails last long enough for my taste, unless I'm trekking across some awfulwonderful landscape where it just rains the stuff.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: December 25, 2015, 10:32:48 am »

This Hunter refuses to die. He should get a title for every body part he's lost, since he's not making the notable kills. I should've made him lord of The Wretched Tenacity instead of The Deviant Weevils. I'm taking a detour to an underworld spire, and if I can get access to the Underworld, I may bring him along to see how he handles it.

The demon master of this spire, the Devil of Chaos, was killed in battle in the first century, slain by a jabberer. This is unfortunately too common a story.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: December 25, 2015, 03:28:04 pm »

Uhhhh... in your image it notes a head with all other parts greyed out, but it also has alligator blood on several of those parts.

Never had my blood trails last long enough for my taste, unless I'm trekking across some awfulwonderful landscape where it just rains the stuff.

What can I say, his thirst to bathe in blood defies dwarven physics.

Yeah my blood seems to be infinite, I'm thinking it's because my zombies are rubbing against each other constantly, as well as smearing it on the ground, so the game just keeps generating more blood coverings. They also keep harassing the local wildlife while I travel, so they get fresh stock occasionally. I wish they'd stop exploding the head into gore so I could get some zombie animals on the march.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: December 25, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »

This spire fortress I'm exploring is occupied by a human nation. So far I haven't set foot in a fortress inhabited by a goblin nation, but I doubt they have a tavern, either. According to history, all the original constructions were razed, but four new taverns were constructed after. I found one Tavern Keeper and followed him long enough to determine that he was just running around aimlessly, like everyone else. So the only goblin forms you can learn will be in human, elven and perhaps dwarven towns.

Again the underworld gate was sealed off, so I just used DFTool to go the rest of the z's down. Met with a Winged Brute and a few Cream Monsters -- Beware their blood! I actually licked the cream goo and started writing and composing for the rest of the day. It wasn't the psychedelic I had hoped for, but it also didn't cause me any injury. Maybe the syndrome is only transmissible through the bottom of your feet, so it's more dangerous to fortress dwarves than to me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: December 25, 2015, 05:33:55 pm »

I haven't found a tavern in a dark fort, but I'd check under the actual sladebox.

I got elves to spawn booze and barrels in theirs so I should be able to make gobs do it too.

I'm busy waiting for this dance to end, long dance+town fps+hell=oh god why did I do this?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: December 25, 2015, 05:43:53 pm »

I got elves to spawn booze and barrels in theirs so I should be able to make gobs do it too.
Maybe, but there isn't any point to it unless bards and dancers act like it's a tavern. I can always bring my own booze (and with advfort I can start brewing my own,) but getting people to share their forms has been a challenge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: December 25, 2015, 07:25:27 pm »

I haven't had tons of luck, but it helps when there is booze flowing and such.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: December 25, 2015, 07:29:20 pm »

I haven't found a tavern in a dark fort, but I'd check under the actual sladebox.

I'm busy waiting for this dance to end, long dance+town fps+hell=oh god why did I do this?

I love that you can literally dance with the devil in this version.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: December 25, 2015, 07:37:41 pm »

You know hell must be a real nice place to dance, all the darkness in addition to the lights of the eerie pits.
Sounds like it'd be close to a rave club. Too bad there's no DJ in hell.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: December 25, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »

Traded the bard some jewelry for all the crap that she's holding in her hands. Now she's wielding two earrings and a bracelet. She killed a Cyclops with the amethyst earring.

Dammit, I know those elves have some ears!

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: December 25, 2015, 08:29:57 pm »

Poked a dragon. Just wanted to make it notice me...

I've been sitting here for like half an hour wondering what to think about this somehow.

"Too easy?"
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:32:34 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: December 25, 2015, 08:32:12 pm »

"Too easy?"

How old is the world?
Dragons age kind of slowly.
A fully matured (and more difficult) dragon would be around a thousand years old. Or something like that.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: December 25, 2015, 08:37:14 pm »

"Too easy?"

How old is the world?
Dragons age kind of slowly.
A fully matured (and more difficult) dragon would be around a thousand years old. Or something like that.
Oh right, totally forgot about the age. But still, its year 206.

Well, I butchered it for 100 meat. At least I'll have enough to eat for a long time, just looks like I need to search for other lairs to get a more !!FUN!! fight for my spider.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1104