Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100414 times)

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8295 on: May 11, 2015, 08:28:36 pm »

Finally back at my home fortress.. also the only fortress in the area thats not abandoned.

Asked my old military commander if I could become a fortress guard again..

'Sorry, there is no room for you here.' ;_;

And then I figured out, that with me being the broker, I could initiate 'trade' with everyone, and therby access the items in the trade depot..

I have to see if it works on the depots of the abondoned forts as well, when using it on a companion of mine.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: May 12, 2015, 12:47:23 am »

If so, that sounds kinda awesome.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: May 12, 2015, 03:32:09 am »

the thing is I don't want to murder everyone in a town to cause it to become a ruin more so run everyone out of town due to it becoming a ruin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: May 12, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »

The fortress I went to turned out to have a giant problem with the walking dead... zombie goblins everywhere..

After a hard battle at the trade depot myself and my two drunk friends managed to beat the two zombies there and save a number of surviving, albeit unconcious, dwarves.. one drunk is now unconcious on the floor, the other is dead.. now its up to me alone to clear out the lower sections of the fort and save any survivers, if any.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: May 12, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

At the end of the day, 11 zombie goblins lay dead, and butchered, in the fortress. alongside the 50-100 or so victems they made.

Most survivors of the attack were at the trade depot, being the first area I cleared and there being the fewest zombies there..
Downstairs, at the first level, a small group of survivors and stray cats owe their lives to me, the battle was the hardest here, being that 6 zombies ravaged this area.
At the lowest level, only two dwarves survived initially. A strand extractor managed to cower away from the thee zombies there, and must have been one of the few unharmed individuals..
In the final room at this level, a lone fish disector had survived thus far, but was now being engaged by two zombies. Harming and then bypassing the one fighting me, I tried to save the fish disector from anymore harm by taking on all the zombies myself. But alas, soon the fish disector was knocked unconcious and I still had many limbs to chop off, when 2 zombies had fallen the third finally ended the fish disectors live, before I promptly took its life in turn, in whatever way it lived.

And my drunk friend came to conciousness again, shes hurt pretty badly though. I don't know if she can continue on the journey with me..

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: May 12, 2015, 02:52:57 pm »

Neat! So I modded bronze colossi to be steel and pose as deities right, I also did this with dragons but never encountered one in a hamlet or anything until now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It went pretty much exactly as you would expect.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: May 12, 2015, 09:05:34 pm »

*later that adventure*

"Hmmm, I can sense someone in that room under these gobby towers, wonder who it is."

"Uhhh... sorry, wrong door, I'll just let myself out."

*heads upstairs*

*hears screaming from the tower above, launches myself up to grab hold of the fortifications*

*after my zombie dragon buddy kills all the gobs he forgets I'm there and just hangs out, so I punch him and lead him over to another tower*

"Geez he is slow as hell, I wonder if he made it up there yet, maybe I shou-"

*a burning head lands on the grass nearby*

Awesome, he's my best friend now, I left him to play with more gobs and headed off to explore elsewhere since I already got some dragonbone armor and a heart.

Bonus funny, I disarmed a swordsdwarf and tossed them at a marksdwarf who thought he'd be clever and dodge out of the way...

Little did he know I had already tossed a goblin lasher at the goblin behind said smart-aleck swordsdwarf though, and they wound up in a big heap as a result:

Cue maniacal laughter.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:32 pm »

Neat! So I modded bronze colossi to be steel and pose as deities right, I also did this with dragons but never encountered one in a hamlet or anything until now.

It went pretty much exactly as you would expect.

Wait, why is the dragon/"deity" calling you a dangerous animal?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:13 pm »

It is aware of the potential of a dwarf to turn into a legendary hero dorf*.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

Despite the help of the soldiers there, all but one ended up dead, the survivor is a bit burned and missing a hand, and I ended up dodging around and hacking at it with an iron axe until it finally bled to death, almost died because it nearly cornered me between a wall and some burning body parts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:30:15 pm by Max™ »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: May 13, 2015, 05:40:42 pm »

I have been doing nothing but killing megabeasts for two days. I am both a legendary axedwarf and speardwarf. I have over 120 kills, all (semi)megabeasts. I killed a zombie hydra. I wrestled a roc to death. I am unstoppable.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:31 pm »

Wrestled a roc huh, we shall call you the Roc Lobster!

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: May 13, 2015, 06:44:38 pm »

I have been doing nothing but killing megabeasts for two days. I am both a legendary axedwarf and speardwarf. I have over 120 kills, all (semi)megabeasts. I killed a zombie hydra. I wrestled a roc to death. I am unstoppable.
Ah Hubris. Give it time. You will die.
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: May 13, 2015, 07:22:55 pm »

And yet that's 120 out of 1500. I've barely made a dent in the megabeast population.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:30 pm »

Hmmmm, so I noticed this one town had an interesting member of the population (though I can't actually figure out where they're being kept) and recall seeing that they were leading the safe devils in legends:
Code: [Select]
211: Picthamobol, "Spiralclout", hamlet
        Owner: The Massive Councils, humans
        Parent Civ: The High Nations, humans
        lady: Rossu Pastimescribed, human
        97 humans
        12 cats
        5 horses
        2 cows
        18 donkeys
        4 guineafowls
        13 water buffalos
        4 turkeys
        10 rabbits
        18 geese
        14 dogs
        2 cavies
        1 slate gray devil prisoner

So I asked around and couldn't find anything out about them, but then I was told the interesting tidbit that there was a dragon nearby, and from the map it looked like their lair was next to a dark fortress... well after checking more closely I found:
Code: [Select]
6: Gozruubspu, "Hellcrest", dark fortress
        Owner: The Dungeons of Rain, goblins
        Parent Civ: The Safe Devil, goblins
        lady: Snodub Doomvile, goblin
        126 goblins
        1 dragon
So yeah, they lost their demon leader who was captured by some humans nearby, is currently at an unknown location, there is another hamlet nearby which claims to have a dragon living there that I can't find, and the goblins with no demon leader were happy to accept a dragon as their ruler. Awesome

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: May 14, 2015, 12:16:39 am »

Furthermore, I generated another world with the same perameters, and it seems to get the same result; only a few, closely grouped towns, the main sections of which are empty with the population in the fortified keep, dwarves extinct, and large tomb complexes near these tiny patches of civilization. I'm going to retire this adventurer and see what the elves, the only other playable race alive, are doing.

Edit; Not at all well. Huh. Time to murderfy megabeast until something skrags me then.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:36:59 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1104