Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100343 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8280 on: May 10, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

In the hours since then, I've become a megabeast-killing monstrosity. I gained two drunken companions, then lost them. I sparred with a bronze colossus, who stole my waterskin as payment. I'm clad in roc bone armor. I recently killed a hydra. I'm going to kill another hydra now. I'm the boss.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: May 10, 2015, 07:29:02 pm »

A friend of mine pointed out that it sounds a lot like the stuff he was doing in Skyrim. I never played it myself so I had to google a bit and yeah, I think he was right:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heck, if I had played the game I might be tempted to add in more touches from it to my stuff and call it Anriztirist instead of wanderlust.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:31:33 pm by Max™ »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: May 10, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »

Further exploration has revealed that the ruined town of weirdness and a single adjacent hamlet are the only signs of civilization on the continent. Dangit, I was playing a martial artist, that doesn't work on night creatures.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: May 10, 2015, 08:28:53 pm »

Well, it does tend to turn them on... but that's probably not the effect you're after.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8284 on: May 10, 2015, 08:49:45 pm »

My peasant goblin defeated seven well-skilled humans with only a copper spear and his wits.  His only skills were in Fighter.  Just third level or something.

Then he was killed by the next ambush.   >:(

My next goblin was ambushed by...  One human recruit bleeding to death with the famous copper spear stuck in him.

No, he wasn't bleeding to death.  He was just on the ground for some reason?  He pulled it out and came to me with his buddies...

And I lashed them all to death with an iron scourge.  YEEAAH!  Revenge!  I saved the spear.

Then some goblins killed me.  What the bleep?  I looked in legends, but it didn't help.  Wait...

I'm a member of the Shameful Terrors and the Terrors of Fur.  Ozud is a member of...  the Torment of Discovering and the Shameful Terrors.  What?  I'm going back there to check that out.  Lasher's the best skill ever, right?  Besides Miner, and that's so hard to get.  You can't get it from the start screen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:02:38 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: May 10, 2015, 08:51:59 pm »

Yeah, no. Having gotten to the hamlet so I can raid its armory, the town section is similarly empty, and the fort is full of nothing but peasants and children. I don't actually have the option to ask to stay for the night, and according to one of the peasants, "There is nothing organized here", apparently civilization on this continent has fallen almost entirely. I'd make a fort and bring at least some hope, but dorfs are extinct in this world.

Also, the fields are planted with seedlings, so this must be recent.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:56:18 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: May 10, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »

ehh really should dive back into Adventure mode to learn how to actually turn towns into ruins or de-ruin a site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:24 pm »

Well, ruining a town's as easy as murdering everyone there, but unruining one is probably pretty hard.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8288 on: May 11, 2015, 03:28:08 am »

Would it be possible to de-ruin a town by making a ton of adventurers and retiring them at that site?
Also, is ruining a town really as simple as killing everyone there? I did that a couple of times but the list of buildings still marked the houses as being inhabitated and not abandoned. Do you have to update the world a couple of times for it to recognize the town as abandoned?

Honestly that continent sounds really awesome in a post-apoc kinda way.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: May 11, 2015, 05:27:20 am »

I grabbed a copy of the museum II save a day or two ago to run around and see what all I could find there, found a dorf fort full of goblins, by the time I was done it was a ruin full of blood and goblin chunks.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: May 11, 2015, 12:14:56 pm »

It kinda is. Of course, the world has more continents, which I now need to explore, once this guy either retires or gets himself killed.

As to the town thing, I just kinda assumed killing everyone would work, but having to update the world before it figures it out, while disappointing, does make sense.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »

went to a hamlet to see if I could find a crutch there for crutchwalking.. nobody there.. but wolves.. then my companions chased the wolves and theyve been gone since.. then I found this stone building with all kinds of goodies including a new +iron shiled+ and not one, but two crutches!

Besides that.. I'm still scratching my head who got the genius idea to change my hero from a fortress guard.. to a broker..

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: May 11, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

"Well crap, Cog got eaten by the flame-spitting crocodile in the basement."
'Again?'
"Well, no, different Cog, this one was the broker."
'Crap, we need one of those huh, ok, anybody who doesn't want to be broker say so.'
*everyone says they're not up for it*
"Damn, ok, who isn't here?"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8293 on: May 11, 2015, 02:29:04 pm »

Weird, I got the same thing as well. Started as a dwarf, killed everyone in a hillock, then later when I went to a human town with some drunks I've strung along my character randomly became a mayor. Apparently dwarves accept Klingon promotion.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: May 11, 2015, 02:54:15 pm »

Haha, probably how it happened.

looked at my character's personality in dwarf fortress, what a neat little trinket there.. 'Never fails to seek out the most stressfull and even dangerous situations'

Pretty much true. 'Theres like 100 trolls down in the dark pit's graveyard. lets go kill them!' And some time before that occured, going after a night beast, causing both his companions to be killed and him fighting a very long and hard battle that was only won because of... a thrown bolt.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1104