Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100424 times)

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8310 on: May 14, 2015, 08:14:21 am »

Neat! So I modded bronze colossi to be steel and pose as deities right, I also did this with dragons but never encountered one in a hamlet or anything until now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It went pretty much exactly as you would expect.

Wait, why is the dragon/"deity" calling you a dangerous animal?

When a dragon deity calls you an animal, you're definitely doing it right.  ;D

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: May 14, 2015, 08:42:41 am »

Decided to retire my adventurer for the time being, after having rescued 20 dwarves from a fortress that an army was marching on upon and realising there was no way i could get rid of them because of none of them having any family... Hope they gone now.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: May 15, 2015, 12:28:43 am »

:D
I wondered if I could grab a kid from a fortress (started as a gob, found one, took control of them) and head home.

It works, though I don't know how to return the embrace:

Found my dad too:

Went back to find my sisters and brother and killed several megabeasts on the way but then I ran the view cursor into the bottom of the map too hard apparently and crashed. T.T

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: May 16, 2015, 03:32:31 am »

Playing with the new gem graphics set from de platino dragon and I figured I'd share a bit of my reasoning on the buff strengths and how I set them. I do most of the testing and balancing using twinked adventurers with a bunch of legendary skills and great gear and such, which means when you go in normally, well, Ebsas here is my second try at this Roc, and I had to run and heal up once and spent a lot of time running in panic before I finally managed to open the throat up and bleed the damn thing out.

Note that I deconstructed some furnaces, melted down anvils and made a suit of fine/superior quality steel with an excellent quality steel battle axe, as Ibes went in with a bit of copper and leather armor, managed to put some scars on the bird, and then her head went flying through the air.

That's Ibes' axe and my left gauntlet up there. Damn bird was nasty, but the graphics sure are pretty!

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: May 17, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »

Me: I just killed 10 children.

Them:

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: May 17, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »

How I am about kittens dying after having had hundreds of cats in my life. Kittens die, it's a fact of life.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: May 17, 2015, 03:23:35 pm »

I haven't played Adventure mode in ages.
So far Likan Tulonison's travels are going pretty well, although he hasn't encountered any foes of note, yet. Just various angry wildlife creatures... crocodiles, leopards, that sort of thing. He lost one companion to drowning during a scuffle in a stream, unfortunately it was the ranger who seemed to know his way around. Oh well, at least most of the interesting sites are already on my map.

Time to go fight a... thing. Can't remember what. A hydra maybe? We're probably gonna die.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: May 17, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »

"A hydra maybe?" Just be glad it's only a vanilla hydra.

Meanwhile I found a gif that best represents what it is like to play with a fully buffed up super fast adventurer with super high climbing, a free hand, and the launch.lua script on a hotkey:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LITERALLY JUST LIKE THAT!

Know why that lemur was doing that? It's incredibly stupidly fun. Also go check out DragonDePlatino's gemset, 24x and 48x looks sharp enough that it actually got me to use something besides spacefox/bisasam for the first time in a long while.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: May 17, 2015, 08:34:11 pm »

...May I just express my dislike for procedural dwarven fortresses and their amazing complexity? 'Cause this is like the second adventurer lost to the fort he spawned in.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: May 17, 2015, 08:49:34 pm »

...May I just express my dislike for procedural dwarven fortresses and their amazing complexity? 'Cause this is like the second adventurer lost to the fort he spawned in.
Yeah. They can be extremely confusing (aka much Memory is needed).
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: May 17, 2015, 10:27:58 pm »

Let's not forget how often you can spawn in on the lowest floor with no connection to the next level up.

I'm kinda thinking there is something going on with the world-gen parameters there because a string of adventurers using the same parameters all spawned in a fort with no up-ramp available and the z-coordinate each time was 10.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:16 pm »

Me: "I saw a wild boar slay a kea in The Velvet Hills!"

Them:

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: May 17, 2015, 11:54:14 pm »

One has to wonder why the NPCs think everything is inevitable. Are they Zen or something?

As to the fortresses, my problem is mostly memory, in my computer and as a stat. I couldn't move fast enough to make actually seeking out the exit worth my time, especially with everything ceasing to be rendered twenty feet behind me.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: May 18, 2015, 04:58:17 am »

One has to wonder why the NPCs think everything is inevitable. Are they Zen or something?

As to the fortresses, my problem is mostly memory, in my computer and as a stat. I couldn't move fast enough to make actually seeking out the exit worth my time, especially with everything ceasing to be rendered twenty feet behind me.
oh I figured it's because their infants and freshly spawn into the world with no knowledge or coded emotions to care about facts/rumors that don't pretain to them on top of that their entites are always shifting and alliances constantly being muddied with each recursion causing them to no care about the world any more... outside of their kids being kidnapped because at least that's more recent than some Murder that happen 50 years ago.

they spew out rumors like normal but their just rumors and hearsy and don't really care about it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: May 18, 2015, 11:09:16 am »

Dwarven fortresses seemed pretty rubbish when I went to them... if only there was some Toady could snoop on our fortresses and use some sort of amalgamated/rule-deriving (doors, magma chambers, etc) fortress generator from then.

Then fortresses would be the most not the least interesting part of the game as an adventurer.

I leave it to people who know anything at all about the issues invovled to say if that would be at all achieveable or not.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1104