Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094207 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6930 on: October 03, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »

After managing to get out of the 3rd huge cave despite the lag, i found a much more decent architecture, clearly much more polished than the caves i just went through.
And several levers are there, that's the prison, after taking out all the trolls (divine short sword make troll heads sail away very easily)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strange, i thought the prison were under the dark fortress, not under the goblin towers.
Unless after walking through all the caverns, i'm in fact right below the dark fortress now.
Could explain why it lags so much suddenly.

And there are a very lot of cells, tons of levers everywhere on several levels, wow that's a huge prison complex the gobs have here.
Going to explore more, in the hope to kill more trolls and get the thing more playable before freeing people

Ok, the lag was an immense pain (despite i met at most 8 trolls that i killed, but still laggy as hell) and managed to rescue a child that i brought back to his father :

The adventure mode sure has lots of cool things that when they're not buggy are badly in need of optimisation to be playable.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:56:20 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: October 03, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

Umm.  I was given a job to cause trouble in an elven civ.

I was trying to beat up an elf, he attacked my spine, after like a whole day of me wailing on him and training myself, and he broke my middle spine.  Why am I still standing?  Shouldnt I be off looking for a crutch or retiring my crippled self?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:07:23 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: October 03, 2014, 03:20:14 pm »

@pisskop: Theres some wierdness with pulping right now, I've gotten my adventurers neck broken or pulped several times before and I could move just fine. Still showed as damaged after fast travel even.

Anyways, I decided to start as a member of a dying dwarven civ who has only one fort left (dwarves are bo no means extinct, theres several other thriving civs in this worldgen) and is currently at war. I was hoping maybe my military commander would give me some quest, but there seems to be contradictory statements from the general and the queen, who say we are at open war, but nobody else is mentioning anything about open war when I ask about troubles, might be a bug with rumors or something. Should I make a report?

Edit: Wellll..... that guy didn't last long, got knocked off of the ledge of the staircase by a cave croc and fell to my death.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:46:50 pm by smjjames »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: October 03, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

I think if the bone of the spine is broken, you're fine, but if any damage comes to the nerves, you're toast.
"Oh Armok, that goblin shattered my spine!"
"Don't worry; he only broke your bone. You'll be fine. Just rest for a while to let the pain go away."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: October 03, 2014, 08:18:36 pm »

I found a vampire cult . . . without the cult?

A 'master' was hanging outside a cave at night.  we went in, and its empty.  I checked and the names not listed (I was kin of tipped off by the job title, but . . .).

Anywho, I sleep the night, and go back topside.

Anywho, he appears to not be a vamp, but is lying about his name and only is out at night.

---

I found something else interesting.  I have not attempted to start a fort this game.  I found an expedition leader, alone in the wild.  He wont talk back to me an is wearing the military tile.

He is naked and Im confuzzled.  What do?

He just murderized an opossum, though.

He isnt responding to my conversations, but I am.  I actually respond to my own questions when I try to advance the conversation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:21:50 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: October 03, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »

I always associate the 'master' title with either bandits or a criminal gang, I have absolutely no idea how to identify a cult leader.

Is the expedition leader ambushing you? Sounds like this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8251

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: October 03, 2014, 08:25:29 pm »

I always associate the 'master' title with either bandits or a criminal gang, I have absolutely no idea how to identify a cult leader.

Is the expedition leader ambushing you? Sounds like this bug http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8251
Didnt ambush me, but I have 2 companions and a fairly high skill level.  Ai does take that into account, Ive noticed.

Ill keep the world for a bit, backedup.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:35:37 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: October 04, 2014, 12:42:15 am »

Crossposting just because.

Got my guy killed while ransacking a goblin occupied fort, so, I genned a quick adventurer for the same civ. Two weeks later, the army is STILL on the march, so, I belive that the army is stuck somewhere since this site is in an inaccessible mountain valley that is closed off. There is another refugee group, or maybe it's the same one, which left 'just before' the army descended on the site, yeah, two weeks, maybe a month before.

There's another group not far to the north which I belive is another refugee group (my previous adventurer knew the leader of that group, so it's from the fort), but they're just sort of hanging out over there.

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: October 04, 2014, 06:15:22 am »

My adventurer is a humble female human who started off with some dodging, some wrestling and loads of kicking..
..Which proved to be quite awesome. Either stealth-choke someone and smash their head in with heavy kick or fight honestly with two-kick combo, one quick and one heavy.

All went well untill she took a bolt to her leg, causing severe nerve injury and forcing her to find a crutch.

At the moment, we have a scourge of bandits, crutch-sneaking about while wielding either a crossbow or a two-handed sword. She is straight from horror movies! You know the scenes where the unstoppable murderer just walks casually after running enemies? She does exactly that to bandits, no matter if they yield or not.

So, in short. She started as a female Chuck Norris and became a female Jason with a crutch and big freaking sword instead of a knife.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: October 04, 2014, 01:51:54 pm »

I took a pointless tour of the cavern tunnels (which is okay, because me and a giant olm sparred for a bit)
and I learned the basic generation patterns of the new structures and killed many C1 things.  I emerged within my own civ after traipsing about the mountain range, and got a job to disrupt an army.  I was tasked to kill the new lord of a goblin pit.  Looking in the library, I found he was the 7th lord in 10 years there.
And check out all my bleeding.  It mauled me in one shot, but pulping heals apparently.  I climbed around a pillar to get away from it.

On our way over we were ambushed by zombie harpies (I fled, one died)
ambushed by wolves (I killed them all and our marksmen got mauled)
and ambushed by a goblin patrol squad (I one-shotted a pikeman in the chest, and the marksman died when I fled)

I was able to sneak around back to the area and there was a second patrol squad scouring the area.  In the night I found, miraculously, my last companion, a speardwarf.  We finished our journey by finding the goblin pits and a tower.  The fps in the tower was amazing, and we chatted up some gobbos topside before going below.  I was a dwarf, so I let them live.

---

Its annoying down there in the caverns.  There are intermediate storage sites where apparently all the armor of a civ is dumped into bedrooms, and occasionally silly animals wander by.  However, giant earthworms were common, and easy skill gains.

I got to see how armies act after you flee them.  They chased me and even sent more patrols out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:07:46 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: October 04, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »

My adventurer is a humble female human who started off with some dodging, some wrestling and loads of kicking..
..Which proved to be quite awesome. Either stealth-choke someone and smash their head in with heavy kick or fight honestly with two-kick combo, one quick and one heavy.

All went well untill she took a bolt to her leg, causing severe nerve injury and forcing her to find a crutch.

At the moment, we have a scourge of bandits, crutch-sneaking about while wielding either a crossbow or a two-handed sword. She is straight from horror movies! You know the scenes where the unstoppable murderer just walks casually after running enemies? She does exactly that to bandits, no matter if they yield or not.

So, in short. She started as a female Chuck Norris and became a female Jason with a crutch and big freaking sword instead of a knife.
You know you can just strangle them in 3 or soo quick moves? :>
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Haymaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: October 04, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »

But kicking is more satisfying, especially when you manage to kick a kobold so hard it flies few tiles, even more so if the poor sob lands against a wall or tree.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: October 05, 2014, 03:39:24 am »

But kicking is more satisfying, especially when you manage to kick a kobold so hard it flies few tiles, even more so if the poor sob lands against a wall or tree.
This is terrifying.

Am i only one who are strangling badly wounded enemies, because i do not want torture them? You know, life with damaged nerves in leg, in medieveal times, when somebody was whole life a warrior must be one big pain... For wounded person and his family. And i am often just avoiding fight. My characters are good persons, even if they are thiefs sometimes.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: October 05, 2014, 04:31:52 am »

This is terrifying.

Am i only one who are strangling badly wounded enemies, because i do not want torture them? You know, life with damaged nerves in leg, in medieveal times, when somebody was whole life a warrior must be one big pain... For wounded person and his family. And i am often just avoiding fight. My characters are good persons, even if they are thiefs sometimes.
no you aren't the only one. Between murdering loads of people and or running necro support groups, my adventures are just super peaceful, tend to enjoy the company of bandits and rogues, or stealing from folks than killing them.
Mass murdering loads of folks who can talk then trying to lie hard about you being a hero over it is morally insane, nice for if I want to Role play an insane guy who thinks he doing the greater good when he takes lives of those who took items? Like hell your character is by game lore/and toady being possessed by you to do acts you think up on the whim.

in Necromancy news uhh I snuck through an tower for nothing. dark ages must have made reanimators not living or something similar... that said I was chased when leaving the tower by 2 corpses so it's more passive undead won't attack but provoked/tasked with a job will. so now I'm running around with an army of brutal beasts that murder the hell out of everything and falling into the same issues I had in .02 where you can't reanimate any of the corpses due to being to beaten into ground meat they are just too good at crushing the corpses into paste.  Thankful that there's a spell that allows you to light them on fire.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:36 am »

I wonder if she'll later become a town guard.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1104