Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094073 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6900 on: October 01, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »

Not sure if they can swim, but they can jump in water and kick you to death there as i saw with a previous character.
They can teleport and stealth does not work for them, they'll see you wherever you are and rush to you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: October 01, 2014, 03:32:08 pm »

Not sure if they can swim, but they can jump in water and kick you to death there as i saw with a previous character.
They can teleport and stealth does not work for them, they'll see you wherever you are and rush to you.
less teleport and more spawn in a new unit, though I guess you can now knock folks out if you apply blunt force trauma to their heads now.

I'm going to see if it's possible to modify rumors and if saying the right rumor could cause someone to get lynched.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BeardedShrimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: October 01, 2014, 04:43:51 pm »

Was told to seek and kill a Roc who is terrorizing dwarves at their lair. Guy I was with ran away like he was freaking Road Runner. Got double-teamed and died.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: October 01, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »

Ran into a Vault
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Question related to loot
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:15:03 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: October 01, 2014, 05:10:36 pm »

Caps offer less coverage, which afaik is simulated as a percent chance to bypass that particular piece of armor.  So a cap might only protect 50% of a head (i.e. a 50% chance to 'fail') and 1/2 attacks will ignore it.

So the helm may be better, but heavier.  If you can handle the weight go for the helm.  If you dont plan on getting hit obvs the cap is superior.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: October 01, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »

Thanks, i'll keep that helm then, as after that long adventuring i have Expert in armor so i can afford a lot without losing much speed (currently full iron + some food and i'm at 1.000 of speed, what a difference with early game in which i was at less than 0.5 with full iron), hopefully it will be better once i get more armor levels in case i must sprint.

Hopefully if i can find some more actual armor made of divine metal instead of only clothing, it would be a lot helpfull to bring the weight down.

edit :
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:29:26 pm by Robsoie »

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:11 am »

Was told to seek and kill a Roc who is terrorizing dwarves at their lair. Guy I was with ran away like he was freaking Road Runner. Got double-teamed and died.
They laughed like hell, when They found fool, who was stupid enough to chalange Roc. If you meet any in future, lie on ground in sneaking mode and do not move, even a little...
Thanks, i'll keep that helm then, as after that long adventuring i have Expert in armor so i can afford a lot without losing much speed (currently full iron + some food and i'm at 1.000 of speed, what a difference with early game in which i was at less than 0.5 with full iron), hopefully it will be better once i get more armor levels in case i must sprint.

Hopefully if i can find some more actual armor made of divine metal instead of only clothing, it would be a lot helpfull to bring the weight down.

edit :
How are you training your Armor skills? I must be hited by some weak animal or if i will be wearing it it will be enough?
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: October 02, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

hmm I really should test out that adventurers being I have no mouth and I must scream by making one and swapping out immediately just to commune with them.
"body swapping and YOU!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: October 02, 2014, 09:29:21 am »

hmm I really should test out that adventurers being I have no mouth and I must scream by making one and swapping out immediately just to commune with them.

Example?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:13 am »

So, my journey across the medium-wide world comes to a conclusion with 2 dragons in side-by-side lairs to slay:

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Across the continent baby!

Spoiler: Log (click to show/hide)
And accompanying pictures
Spoiler: 014 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 015 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 016 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:12:15 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:13 am »

I decided to attack my retured fortress and see what happens. Lots of retching dwarves in the surface, ready to be massacred.

Too bad I trained and equiped my military too well. Time to try again with someone more armour-piercing.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: October 02, 2014, 11:23:52 am »

I'm encountering some strange lag that would be normally associated with crowded towns or dark tower sites, only problem, I'm walking in the middle of nowhere, there SHOULDN'T be anything causing lag.

Making a bug report, hopefully people take it seriously :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

How are you training your Armor skills? I must be hited by some weak animal or if i will be wearing it it will be enough?

Apparently the best way is to exploit how the game work and get hit repeatedly by weak animal.
But in the case of my adventurer, i don't do that and i observe that with normal gameplay, my armor skill is continuously improving.
I think the key is to get full armor (iron if possible) , and adventuring in the wilderness, you will be fighting things a lot, and because your adventurer (even demigod) is still in its early adventure, your character will still be hit a lot , but most of those hit will be "deflected" by your armor (due to the importance of being full armored with best possible items at the beginning).
And that will train a lot the Armor skill.

When i create a new adventurer (demigod i mean) i always set the armor to Skilled
After a lot of adventuring , i was at Proficient and very close to Talented when i entered the mentionned Vault.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:16:42 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: October 02, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »

I had a chat with a dragon, by sneaking up to him and blessing him with speech.  He wouldn't tell me his name, preferring instead

'Get away from me!'

but he was quite happy to tell me all about his family, the area, and how inevitable my kills were.  I snuck away and fetched my companions from their campfire.  Time to kill that bastard for not telling me his name!

This is also confirmation that sneak is alive and well in this version, just apparently very, very overpowered.  I was right in his face with decent skillz, but still.

---

Wait, do dragons attack elves on sight?  Id imagine so, but elves are pretty inoffensive.
PKs DF Mod!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: October 02, 2014, 03:24:03 pm »

Example?
well it seems that you can't really ask them about any of their past adventures or fame since anyone you jump into has no idea about it, which means you can't bring it up as a rumor the rumor menu is lock out until the unit overhears any dialog, also it was inevitable is one of the only few options that exits the topic rumor menu, like all the other options don't clear the check and pops you out of the menu so I guess some lines are pure cosmetic and others that does stuff.  though it's a shame that peasants don't take up the call for adventure in front of your eyes, though this does explain why they don't know jack.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1104