Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095302 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4425 on: July 01, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »

New adventure!

Just got news of a were-creature South of the hills of eviscerating. Sounds fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Found him!

Punched his spine in two, broke his left lung, his liver and a few other things beside. Left him by himself in the cave to walk it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! He healed. Took his nose for fun.

Also fought the bogeymen today. That was fun. Nearly died.

Decided to build a fortress of campfires around the cave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the waxing crescent, so there's going to be a while of wait before I get the chance to fight whatever monstrous creature the Dwarf really is. It is said only frozen creature extract can harm him! Other arms may not cut deeply.

To alleviate boredom, I have begun hunting eagles for food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just had an idea. The guy did say cut, and with new adventures come new toys...

FIGHTING IRONBALLS OF THE EAGLE GUTS IS READY

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »

I started off as a peasant swordsman and have been hunting wild boar, it helps for survival and training.
I plan to aim for bigger fish once I feel confident enough to face em, like the Bloated Horrors that I fought with my other guy and got away from them barely.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: July 01, 2012, 04:58:50 pm »

Due to a glitch with the mod I'm playing with, I am now about 4 different types of necromancer at once. Thank you, demons that write books about the several types of immortality, then leave them around for any old shmuck to read!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #4428 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »

Never found my bronze longsword. But I learned the secrets of life and death and killed all the necromancers in the tower. Since undead ignore me now I raided a tomb and found a Superior Quality Iron Longsword, and mace. So that worked out I guess.

I tried to train an axeman companion as a necromancer (DFhack bodyswitch) just to see what would happen, but he couldn't read.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: July 01, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »

Due to a glitch with the mod I'm playing with, I am now about 4 different types of necromancer at once. Thank you, demons that write books about the several types of immortality, then leave them around for any old shmuck to read!

Oh rly? What are the four types?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: July 01, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

Infernomancer, dark sorceror, (buffed vanilla necromancer), lich, and summoner. The infernomancer does the obvious, the dark sorceror debuffs you, the lich is practically invunerable and can fly, and the summoner lets you summon powerful demons from corpses. All from good ol' Fear the Night mod.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: July 01, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »

I while ago I was wrestling with a handicapped(which I caused), but then all his friends showed up and I had to kill them, now I'm trying to get off the country(to live a decent life) but there's so many villages/hamlets in the way... And I have to go through them, resulting in Me having to kill all the villagers in the process... I'm like a beatles song, my silver hammer is very, very nasty.

The bad part is that I can't sleep indoors(even after mass-mudering the whole village), so I have to sleep in the beach surrounded by campfires.

I'm already legendary fighter/wrestler/ambusher and pretty decent with hammer, bow, throw and shield/armor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »

Trying to make my way to an abadnoned fortress, getting my ass kicked/punched/bitten/stabbed/incinerated/skinned/thrown into trees at every turn.

Harpies don't appear to be blessed with toughness... Although, this particular specimen seems blessed with speed. My speed rating is 1968, if I drop 21L of dingo meat. If I was naked and unarmed I'd probably have a speed well over 2k.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: July 01, 2012, 07:35:13 pm »

Trying to make my way to an abadnoned fortress, getting my ass kicked/punched/bitten/stabbed/incinerated/skinned/thrown into trees at every turn.

Harpies don't appear to be blessed with toughness... Although, this particular specimen seems blessed with speed. My speed rating is 1968, if I drop 21L of dingo meat. If I was naked and unarmed I'd probably have a speed well over 2k.

Fly two Z-levels above the ground. Bam, instant immunity to everything but archers. And you may be able to fly and sleep at the same time.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4434 on: July 02, 2012, 11:35:27 am »

Ridiculous amounts of wildlife have begun converging upon my little fortress. I'm up to over 50 kills so far, mostly dingoes and badgers, and my adventurer is getting really good at killing things with eagle guts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:31 am »

Fly two Z-levels above the ground. Bam, instant immunity to everything but archers. And you may be able to fly and sleep at the same time.

I have been using my flgiht to my advantage whenever possible, actually. Can't sleep while airborne, sadly. Or in a tree. Bogeymen and other nighttime ambushes have been a serious problem. Bogeymen especially, as a lot of them can fly.

Bogeymen ahve been a problem because I was crossign the entire dan continent and lost my companions early on. No civilized life in sight.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:43:11 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: July 02, 2012, 11:43:21 am »

I have been using my flgiht to my advantage. Can't sleep while airborne, sadly. Or in a tree. Bogeymen and other nighttime ambushes have been a serious problem. Bogeymen especially, as a lot of them can fly.

Aerial dogfight. As long as your faster you can hit them/hit their wings so they go down. Repeat until you get a bunch of crippled night monsters.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: July 02, 2012, 11:58:18 am »

Just went hunting a vampire with my adventurer, walked into his cave and discovered seven were dingos and five vamps. They immediately spot me and converge on my position.

My dwarf is a grand master shield user/dodger and an adequate misc object user.

Challenge accepted.

I stash my iron battle axe and proceed to use my steel shield to beat all life in the cave to a bloody pulp.

On the plus side, I'm now a vamp!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: July 02, 2012, 01:17:10 pm »

I have been using my flgiht to my advantage. Can't sleep while airborne, sadly. Or in a tree. Bogeymen and other nighttime ambushes have been a serious problem. Bogeymen especially, as a lot of them can fly.

Aerial dogfight. As long as your faster you can hit them/hit their wings so they go down. Repeat until you get a bunch of crippled night monsters.

I've done that a few times. Problem is bogeymen are hard to hit and just about every strike they get on you is going to be crippling. I've spent several nights flying in circles.

Finally made it to my destination in one piece, and found a fort along the way to nab a couple useless sods. This is a completely different civilization, and they don't know of my grand total of one quest completed. :P

Anyway, the goal was my own fortress at the other end of the world. I'm adventuring on the Succession World Game's save, and intended to visit all the forts so far in the world, starting with mine, but I ended up in the south-west corner of the world, in the deep antarctic woodlands. Now, though, I've made it to the more temperate meditaranean inland sea. It's time to get butchered by some traps!

Which I did...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:20:50 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

Horseshoe crabs sent an assassin to kill me. I spent all day walking around the beach scooping up fleeing horseshoe crabs, seeing how far I could throw them and then butchering them for meat. Then when I went to bed a horseshoe crab attacked me in my sleep and somehow started chasing me across the ground while I scrambled away from it's crabby fury. I eventually dove into the water to escape it but it was relentless finally as we rolled around beneath the blue waves in pitched combat I grabbed it with both hands, bit it's tail off, and threw it across the water so hard it skipped and sunk into the deep.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1104