Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095216 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4410 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:48 pm »

My Macewoman companion just gave a batman the french kiss of death. SHE BIT HIS TONGUE AND RIPPED IT OUT OF HIS GODDAMN SKULL! Talk about femme fatal. Damn.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: June 27, 2012, 09:01:09 pm »

A bandit made the mistake of cutting off my arm. I hit him in the groin with it so hard that he flew back two squares, landed on his head and died instantly. An archer missed me and I hit him in the head so hard my arm got stuck in his face. Threw my sword into a river, don't need it. I'm considering biting my own leg off, I could use a shield.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #4412 on: June 27, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

I'm trying to save/avenge a ruined city. Most of the shops and residences are abandoned, there is almost no population left. I can't even find soldiers to join me in my quest. One night while searching for a food store I was attacked by boogiemen INSIDE THE CITY. They didn't injure me seriously, but they were hard to kill. At least one kept fighting with it's spine broken in two places, a cracked skull it's guts hanging out and it's arms slashed and broken. I was seriously worried my character would faint before he could kill them all.

There are necro towers all over the place. The only place there isn't one is directly south of town. Down there I found two snake woman vampires, a normal snake woman and at least two were-beasts of assorted species apparently living in harmony a pair of lairs a stone's throw apart (!!) (Lost one of my few companions to a snake woman sting there)

Down in the city sewers I found a snakeman vampire. That was an epic fight. It seemed to keep stealthing and then jumping out of the shadows at me. So i started doing the same thing. It was nuts, we both knocked each-other down stairs a few times, and the rooms were coated in red by the time I finally got a clean shot at his skull with my mace.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:58 pm »

I just found out that the mythical 'sewer access' actually exist. Now, I have to go down there and finish up all those sewer bandit quests. Though the most likely scenario is that I get lost or murdered by an archer.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »

(Background: New to adventure mode, finally figured out how to equip armor, fight effectively, and only lost maybe 20 adventurers to the process)

I'm wandering around after killing another bandit leader, and I see a Lair on the map. I think, "hey its probably nothing major in there, and if its something small maybe my 4 companions and I can kill it."

We sneak in through a small hole in the ground, and the first small chamber is FULL of coinage, armor, and corpses. "Hey, maybe these guys just took shelter in here and were killed." We loot this area, and begin to move on to the next, down a narrow corridor.

Then, a dragon appears! Holy mother of Armok, I'm going to DIE! RUN!!!.....

Hey, my companions are covering my back, I should be able to get away... but I will probably die running away, so I'm going to make a valiant stand against this beast! Have at ye, vile... giant lizard!

(would post pictures of the combat log, but imageshack is down or something)

Combat begins by the Dragon spewing the dreaded Dragonfire everywhere! I easily block the blast, while 2 of my companions are not so lucky. They do not die instantly, but catch fire and burn to death in minutes. The lasher, maceman, and I begin striking at the Dragon, hoping to do some major damage before we all are eaten or burnt to a crisp.

The lasher gets a strike on the right leg, chipping bone, while I stab at its upper body with my iron pike, mangling its right lung. I take a major bruise (!?) to my right arm, but that does not hinder my ability to spear this beast once again, destroying its left lung. The maceman has been bashing away, bruising internal organs.

The Dragon gives in to the pain after I give it a good thwack with my iron shield and the maceman punches it in the chest.

The Lasher deals the fatal blow, striking the Dragon in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

Thank Armok, we are victorious! We mourn our lost companions, and loot their bodies, making a mental note to include them in the grand tale of our defeat of the Dragon, Ibmat Silverparched, the Glowing Heat.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: June 28, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

Man, I remember the first time I killed a DF2010+ dragon.

I was so exhilarated, except it turned out it was a babby. Suddenly, I went from a hero to an infanticide.

Not that there's any difference in DF.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: June 28, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

Well I just looked up the Dragon in question in Legends mode...

Born in 77, dies in 125. Slayer of 11 humans, 1 dwarf, and 21 elves.

Well, now I almost feel bad for killing such a great elf-killer.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: June 29, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »

I just found out that the mythical 'sewer access' actually exist. Now, I have to go down there and finish up all those sewer bandit quests. Though the most likely scenario is that I get lost or murdered by an archer.
If not an archer it will be a case of "dodge off a walkway into the channel. While stunned and prone, someone jumps down and carves your head off."

thatnewguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:00 am »

you have been struck down. yessssssss.
f5

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: June 30, 2012, 06:16:24 pm »

I have discovered golf, DF style!
You lash the Rhesus Macaque in the lower body with your silver whip, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts!
The Rhesus Macaque is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Rhesus Maqaque's head skids along the ground, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The Rhesus Macaque has been knocked unconscious!
The Rhesus Macaque slams into an obstacle!
The Rhesus Macaque has died after colliding with an obstacle.
...I think that's a birdie! No wait, it was a monkey.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:18:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dtrover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: June 30, 2012, 11:41:11 pm »

Tulon Onslaught shield the mighty strife of sinking bravely fell in battle against a group of shadow trolls but not without removing a few of their head and having the one who killed him eventually bled to death

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: July 01, 2012, 12:14:23 am »

My guy just learned necromancy from a slab that was stored in a tower. I felt rather humbled knowing this slab existed from the beginning of time (world gen).

Now that I'm a vampire necromancer I think I'm going to start mass murdering my parent civ. And see how that turns out.

dtrover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: July 01, 2012, 12:32:15 am »

there is a vampire in my world with 1000 kills i dont know how normal that is but im constantly asked to go kill her im just like nnnnoope

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: July 01, 2012, 12:37:35 am »

there is a vampire in my world with 1000 kills i dont know how normal that is but im constantly asked to go kill her im just like nnnnoope

They are pathetically weak. There kills are just from sucking blood.

And most get up to 50,000 kills.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #4424 on: July 01, 2012, 06:33:25 am »

I'm combing through a very messy half acre of ground looking for my *bronze longsword. The place is covered in blood and more zombie corpses than I can count. I lost the sword in an intense melee when a lucky hit cut my hand open.

It's only bronze, but it's really well made, expensively decorated, and has dozens of notches carved in it's handle. It's also probably the best weapon (that I'm trained for) in a day's travel in any direction. I'm in the middle of freaking nowhere.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1104