Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095827 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3450 on: February 15, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »

I just kicked in someone's skull. With a sandal and my foot.

Hell. Yes. I love those special opportunities in melee.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:19 pm »

Since October 2010, it shows join date on your profile.
Ah yes, I forgot about that.
I was just wondering. I've been off this site for a few months. I'm seeing a lot of names that I don't recognize.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 15, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »

Heh, apparently transforming to and from a werecreature heals nerve damage. Could be useful.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:02 pm »

Seems I discovered a combination battlesite/bandit camp.

Dead goblins and elves everywhere. also spawns limitless weapons. Got a full throwing arsenal of featherwood pike. I know these wont do much, but it might soften the target up for my copper dagger barrage.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: February 15, 2012, 09:05:58 pm »

Heh, apparently transforming to and from a werecreature heals nerve damage. Could be useful.
It heals everything. I'm assuming the way the transformation process is strictly functional right now and reverts the victim back to a generic body. With effective scheduling around the moon cycle you could have a military that gets dismembered and mangled then at the end of the month is completely fine.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »

Started up a new adventurer, first quest was to kill a creature with 3269 kills.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 15, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »

Easy peasy. Don't sweat it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 15, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »

i had an adventurer who snuck into a necromancer tower, stole all their books and escaped, then right before i got to town, i was ambushed by bogeymen, and... i forgot to mention, i somehow was paralysed from the waist down. anyways, while paralysed, i fight off the boogeymen and eventualy kill them all only to realize my lungs are both broken and i cannot breath, i spend my last moments calmly reading musings about death and learning the secret meaning of life.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:59 pm »

i had an adventurer who snuck into a necromancer tower, stole all their books and escaped, then right before i got to town, i was ambushed by bogeymen, and... i forgot to mention, i somehow was paralysed from the waist down. anyways, while paralysed, i fight off the boogeymen and eventualy kill them all only to realize my lungs are both broken and i cannot breath, i spend my last moments calmly reading musings about death and learning the secret meaning of life.

That's....  Like a fucked up ending to a short story.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: February 15, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »

One of my pikemen followers just lost his hand. Yet, he appears to not give a shit, as he's holding his pike with one hand.

That guy is seriously determined to keep on fighting with me. He has earned my respect.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »

I had a lasher with dingos hanging off his head for two ingame days before we left the area.
Every other dingo bit him in the head, and he kept fighting. Two days later, I get a spinal jnury at the beach, courtesy of a unicorn I wasn't even after.

Said fuck it and promptly tossed myself in the drink.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:41 pm »

This is wonderful news for a half crippled vampire.

How did you get the weresyndrome though? As I understand it, only biting works... Perhaps strangling them to submission, hacking out a tooth, and eating it?
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:50 pm »

There must be !science!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 15, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »

Making science with a werewolf sounds like a horrible idea.

Do it.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 15, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

I have a legendary axenecrovamp, which apart from being a great band name, is also a great opportunity do science, what with the hilarious OP ness of it all. Also, vaguely in character, considering old Irthus only has one hand from nerve damage from before the vampire thing!

How to find werecreatures? I was trying to ask the villagers, but they just redirect me to the local lord.

Also, if you raid multiple necromancers towers, and read the slabs in each, you gain multiple raise corpse abilities. Useful for when one runs out and needs recharging.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1104