Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096012 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3390 on: February 15, 2012, 11:34:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No.

No one will ever know.

Goddamn those
-- ransacking the countryside, hindering trading caravans.
Nowadays, men and women live in fear of the
curse be their name!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:52:35 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:37 am »

Weird, went to the necromancer tower, cleared out the place of zombies, I went to one floor, then pressed the "go up" button again.  Went to a new room filled with zombies.  I figured this was the jackpot, but I had to retreat.  Zombies re-killed, I tried going up again, through the hatch, but I can't. 

That's one of the reasons I've had to savescum so much. I hope you didn't save. A zombie is standing on the floor hatch, it won't come down because it can't see you through the hatch and you can't climb up because he's in the way.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:38 am »

No.

No one will ever know.

Goddamn those
-- ransacking the countryside, hindering trading caravans.
Nowadays, men and women live in fear of the
curse be their name!
I hear they're very testy. But that may be a complete phallusy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:40 am »

I made some interesting observations during my recent adventure:
While raising a corpse immediately turns any living person in sight against you, they have absolutely no problem with you walking into town with an army of several hundred undead.  Similarly, unless you yourself attack them, they won't mind anything your zombies do, up to and including massacring them.  Sure, they'll attack the zombies, but they'll never blame you for bringing hordes of undead into town in the first place.  If they kill/scare enough people, you can even get quests to kill your own zombie minions.
If you're a vampire, you can apparently do almost anything without being exposed as one.  I put someone to sleep (witcher mod) and drank his blood just outside a house, and they were seemingly none the wiser.  I have walked around and talked to people in full vampire mode (Ñ), and they didn't care.
On that note, I don't know what that vampire mode thing is.  I seem to occasionally turn from "human hammer lord" to "human hammer lord vampire," but I don't know if it actually changes anything.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Hybrid

• Bay Watcher
  • Strife M.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: February 15, 2012, 11:51:38 am »

Just as others are doing it, I`m going to a necromancer`s tower. Luckily enough for me, it`s not really far from a town which I started in. Currently I`m walking through the mountains to avoid dangerous encounters.

Came accross a group of two-humped camels. Two of them, a male and a female, were on the same square  :P. Scared them away a bit and threw my sword at one. Managed to get a hump chopped off, but it seems that it`s not edible. Heating it in a campfire has no effect, either. Also, I killed some small bird throwing the hump at it. Actually, making birds fall down from the sky is pretty cool  ;).

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3395 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

In other news--
Went to my first tomb, and the (trapped) treasure room is the second room on the first floor. Fought a mummy the first time, he was alone so not that big a deal, (found an *<<-iron pick->>* before he came upstairs, ftw), and just now came back to be pleasantly surprised by a restocked treasure room without guardians. If only this stuff fit me, it's pointless to haul it all back to town too-- nothing there fits me either. Goddamn elves and their smallness.

Also finally found a nice +<<+ coyote leather waterskin +>>+  --only after all the goddamn rivers froze solid of course...

-edit
Dayum.
"This is a finely-crafted coyote leather waterskin. It is studded with finely-crafted gold and decorated with finely-crafted great white shark tooth."
That's a keeper.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:57:31 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

I made some interesting observations during my recent adventure:
While raising a corpse immediately turns any living person in sight against you, they have absolutely no problem with you walking into town with an army of several hundred undead.  Similarly, unless you yourself attack them, they won't mind anything your zombies do, up to and including massacring them.  Sure, they'll attack the zombies, but they'll never blame you for bringing hordes of undead into town in the first place.  If they kill/scare enough people, you can even get quests to kill your own zombie minions.
If you're a vampire, you can apparently do almost anything without being exposed as one.  I put someone to sleep (witcher mod) and drank his blood just outside a house, and they were seemingly none the wiser.  I have walked around and talked to people in full vampire mode (Ñ), and they didn't care.
On that note, I don't know what that vampire mode thing is.  I seem to occasionally turn from "human hammer lord" to "human hammer lord vampire," but I don't know if it actually changes anything.
I guess vampires are more welcome in the world and some folks just bigots.
like all those random warlord quests to kill some kid for no reason. yes they have items made of human but so do I you do that also if you been ambush alot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

I cleared the whole catacombes, only six bandits or so, but not the person I was supposed to kill...
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: February 15, 2012, 12:00:17 pm »

like all those random warlord quests to kill some kid for no reason. yes they have items made of human but so do I you do that also if you been ambush alot.
Think about it from the villagers prospective, vampires routinely kill thousands of people- you can either ignore them and let them do their thing or try to fight them.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »

Think about it from the villagers prospective, vampires routinely kill thousands of people- you can either ignore them and let them do their thing or try to fight them.
I like to think the whole vampire werewolf evolution came from the pacification of bogiemen and night creature kind, sooner or later you get a mix of bogie and human and form of random manbogies.
Vampire/werewolf attacks are just folks being afraid of what they don't know, that and with a high level character you could kill about 1,000 humans from ambushes alone.
I take it the news of so many dead being bandits led to local adventurers going on vamp/were hunts.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3400 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »

mmm, there are TONS of traps in this tomb. Had to go asleep twice for broken legs, but now I've got this kind of problem:
Stick with my "finely-crafted cuttlefish leather backpack",or switch to the Hideous-sounding "finely-crafted leopard leather backpack encircled with finely-crafted bands of rose gold".
Badges of honor

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 15, 2012, 01:08:12 pm »

Go for the gold man, you've don't mean thing if you ain't got that bling. :P

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3402 on: February 15, 2012, 01:09:53 pm »

But leopard leather?

& rose gold?

With a necro/vamp badass?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:20:42 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:51 pm »

New Adventure: Human lasher
After killing the bowman I run away from a kobold ambush---around 8 of them against me and 3 companions.
I escaped my friends....did not.
Anyway back to the castle, recruiting new soldiers, killing some bandits. Yeah.
Second Quest, another group of bandits.
The hell. An elf-lasher as boss and 15 other guys, the boss alone beat me up and his companions did the rest.  My companion-crossbowman still could cripple 3 and kill one.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 15, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »

Just learned the secrets of life and death, giving mysef a nice little night creature symbol next to my name.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1104