Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095869 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3405 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »

Finally, Krell Picthamfel Nothrasite Lipi has found the Slab of Necromancy! he vanquished the whole tower, i used a little trick, the last level i ran toward the slab and read it, immediately the undeads stopped attacking me so i took care of the necromancers..

as plus i reported the notice to the city and now im a HERO! on the way home i tested my new Axelord Necromancer(new title!), i killed 6 wolves by bashing their skulls and i raised the pack for defense(and source of food)

PS: i noticed something strange.. i don't feel hunger not thirst anymore.. ok what is the button for "check own pulse"?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:08 pm »

I think i should have drunk a few less beers before going to sleep in that human house.
Im on the roof now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3407 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:03 pm »

After much trap-dodging and treasure-sifting, finally found old mr. mummy's sarcophogas & memorial slab....which reCORDS HIS DEATH BY MY HANDS JUST A FEW HOURS EARLIER    :o

+sleeping resets fog of war/traps....ooh boy.

@ MIAUW62
My first adventurer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:27:11 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:47 pm »

Turns out zombies won't attack you if you're a vampire.

And necromancers are very squishy. They seem to last longer than regular humans too. Had one with no arms, legs, eye lids or nose before he finally bled out. Also, I'd strongly recommend strangling them. Passed out in three turns, no chance of them resurrecting all the dead bits. Of course, it's getting to them in the first place is the trouble for living adventurers.

About to read my first book. "The Art of the Human".

Excited!

Edit; Which should I read first? My former army is laying in bits outside, so I guess the human one? Didn't think you had to learn specific spells for specific species, which you do judging by these book names. Hmm. Time for SCIENCE!!!

Double Edit; Oh my, these book names. "More Death", "Ruination for the Beginner", "Doom: A Brief History", "A Humble Offering To The Truth On Zen Boulderwatches"

Laughing so hard.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:20:33 pm by dood_ »
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:39 pm »

Went looking for some power-up. Guess what? I forgot to take a point in reading
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:43 pm »

Most of the books the necromancers read are just that, books. You're going to have to find one about mortality.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »

Do you think the names are a good indication of which that would be?

Just picked an unnamed one at random. It's a 5 page untitled letter written by a cheerful and self indulgent necromancer.

Heh.

And who knew Necromancers were so self centred?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:29:52 pm by dood_ »
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: February 15, 2012, 02:28:24 pm »

I was wandering in the catacombs when I got killed by some goblins. Same thing happened to the next character I made. The third character killed every one of those goblins painfully. While I was torturing the leader, I wandered away from the room to fight a remaining axegob and two bowgobs. While I was fighting them, the leader died and a wrestler killed the high oak. That made me mad and I killed the wrestler.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »

dood_, what text are you using? It looks good; a lot better than the default. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: February 15, 2012, 02:42:28 pm »

The titles will always hint at the content, yes. For example, I got necromancer powers from "Mortality, My Love".
On a kinda related note, are mummies even possible to kill?
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

Thanks! ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3417 on: February 15, 2012, 02:51:20 pm »

I decapitated a mummy, striking him down, and was listed on his pre-generated tombstone as his killer. I think they don't bleed, don't feel pain, and can't be crippled. Headshot ftw.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: February 15, 2012, 02:53:15 pm »

I hacked a mans arm off while he was asleep then reanimated it. The arm murdered everyone in the building except him and then went on to murder three more people before a swordsman killed it. He woke up a short while later with a missing arm and alot of questions.

grueburger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Turns out zombies won't attack you if you're a vampire.

As it turns out, neither will necromancers if you aren't an enemy of their group.  I ran in to a tower ready to have a big necromancer versus vampire faceoff, but ended up having a chat with a necromancer about his old job as a ranger.  You can recruit them as well...  Though the zombies they raise don't follow you when you travel.  In a way, this works better, because you can go into a town without causing a zombie apocalypse, and your necromancer pal can still swing the tides of battles by raising dead enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1104