Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095618 times)

Captain Insano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2670 on: July 26, 2011, 12:30:23 am »

I just lost my 75-notable-kill dwarf today. I was kinda sad because this was the first adventure mode character that I've ever gotten as far as I did. He was crippled relatively early on when a jaguar bit his foot and made him lose the ability to stand. So... He went around crawling everywhere until I could find a shop that would sell a crutch. I became a legendary hammerdwarf shortly after, only to be killed by a goblin civ's clown leader, because for some reason he all of a sudden got pissed at me.

Hm, maybe my companions were at war with that civ, killed a gobbo, and then it rebounded onto me as I was talking to the leader. Oh well...  :'(
"Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM*

D3895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:10 am »

I started up a new Axedwarf character who dual wields a copper and bronze pair of axes, his name is "Tekkud Deathpapers." First assigned job was to kill some bandits, but then something I didn't expect happened, a bandit survived getting axed in the head, which said axe was also stuck in the wound. A couple more bandit camps later and he got a title:
"Tekkud Deathpapers the Impervious Law of Defenses."

After that, he got ambushed at night by bogeymen. Crushed one's skull in by punching it. Martial Trances ftw.

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:13 am »

I just lost my 75-notable-kill dwarf today. I was kinda sad because this was the first adventure mode character that I've ever gotten as far as I did. He was crippled relatively early on when a jaguar bit his foot and made him lose the ability to stand. So... He went around crawling everywhere until I could find a shop that would sell a crutch. I became a legendary hammerdwarf shortly after, only to be killed by a goblin civ's clown leader, because for some reason he all of a sudden got pissed at me.

Hm, maybe my companions were at war with that civ, killed a gobbo, and then it rebounded onto me as I was talking to the leader. Oh well...  :'(
Losing is !!FUN!!
You just can't trust allies

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 28, 2011, 04:40:12 am »

Losing is !!FUN!!

Not in adventure mode. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 28, 2011, 05:15:32 am »

Losing is !!FUN!!

Not in adventure mode.
Even in adventure mode
edit:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:19:38 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 28, 2011, 09:26:12 am »

Today my adventurer and his 3 companion found an hidden camp, thinking that this would be an easy task since my demigod adventurer had slaughtered mega and semi beasts, I entered the camp.

In the camp there was OVER 100 BANDITS! Humans and elves zerg rushed my companions, I had to flee and make an plan to get rid of those pesky bandits. It took an hour or more to kill all of the bandits, they kept coming and coming this was the largest camp I had ever seen, seriously who was this bandit leader anyway?! Before I entered I had 98 kills, after I left the camp I had 204 notable kills.
Really, it wasn't an camp, it was an goddam army!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:29:16 am by Isa »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:26 am »

Not much. Just getting a leg and an arm stomped off by a camel. Now I'm severly injured, and can't do anything but roll around and strangle badgers to death. Not sure how I can do that if I can't grasp anymore.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: July 28, 2011, 11:53:40 am »

Defeated goblins that outnumbered/outskilled me by using a wide pond to fight them one at a time, swimming back and forth. The pond was also near a cliff, so some dodged off and got stunned. One dodged into the water and I swam in and tore him apart. This entire battle also happened in the rain, which is neat.

I was almost alone between towns, and I don't think I can handle night creatures as I am not a demigod or anything. A few of my companions survived, and a lost a couple on the way to the next fort.

I also noticed something interesting, collecting descriptions for the drawings I plan to make about my adventurer's tale. Our entire civilization is dark-skinned, black-haired, and have turquoise eyes. Also, we're mostly from the desert.

Oh btw I'm refusing to use shields because I think multi-grasping weapons is the rule of cool.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: July 28, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »

Real life: sneak up on an elk, elk sees you and runs away
DF: sneak up on an elk, elk doesn't see you until he's 5 ft from you.

Real life: elk sees you about 5 ft from it, elk runs away
DF: elk sees you about 5 ft from it, elk charges at you repeatedly. you dodging frantically until it knocks you down. Elk proceeds to strik at your shield. You stand up, elk knocks you over again. You stand up, elk knocks you over again. Elk proceeds to kick your feet, legs, upper body, lower body, and head. You loose hold of your shield and spear.

Elk kicks you in the head with her right front hoof, brusing the muscle, jambing the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down.

Famed for killing a night troll and 4 turkeys, but being mercilessly slaughtered by an elk on a rampage.

No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 28, 2011, 02:38:01 pm »

I doubt a male elk is just going to run away IRL if he sees you in his territory, specially if it's mating time and he's mad with the world.

I made an elf adventuress, I think I figured out the secret to sucess, ambushing+throwing, deadly combination, been killing bandits with ease for months, I still haven't seen a single Night Creature, maybe that's because my homeland is in a desert, I hope I can fight something big soon to see if they are as daft as the bandits when it comes to spotting me.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: July 28, 2011, 03:42:54 pm »

I made an elf adventuress, I think I figured out the secret to sucess, ambushing+throwing, deadly combination, been killing bandits with ease for months, I still haven't seen a single Night Creature, maybe that's because my homeland is in a desert, I hope I can fight something big soon to see if they are as daft as the bandits when it comes to spotting me.

I don't think elves get attacked by night creatures.  I'm only about 55% sure about that, though.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 28, 2011, 03:43:28 pm »

Killed two harpies. In the middle of a river. In the rain. I smell fan art!

Obsessed

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh no not you again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 28, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

Attempted to beat night freaks to death with a ladle, worked until I lost use of an arm and everything went downhill from there

Trying to make a martial artist/wrestler/kill you with whatever is on hand kind of character.
Not that different to holocausting elves in a magma chamber. We're all already nazis, just in denial about it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 29, 2011, 02:14:11 am »

Real life: sneak up on an elk, elk sees you and runs away
DF: sneak up on an elk, elk doesn't see you until he's 5 ft from you.

Real life: elk sees you about 5 ft from it, elk runs away
DF: elk sees you about 5 ft from it, elk charges at you repeatedly. you dodging frantically until it knocks you down. Elk proceeds to strik at your shield. You stand up, elk knocks you over again. You stand up, elk knocks you over again. Elk proceeds to kick your feet, legs, upper body, lower body, and head. You loose hold of your shield and spear.

Elk kicks you in the head with her right front hoof, brusing the muscle, jambing the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down.

Famed for killing a night troll and 4 turkeys, but being mercilessly slaughtered by an elk on a rampage.

Try killing a deer with no weapons and relying on your fists to kill a faster, stronger creature, which can easily broke your back and skull with a well aimed kick. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 29, 2011, 05:04:10 am »

I was killed by bleeding out from dragon fire, but my death in legends read

Bled to death, slain by an iron war hammer

...!?
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1104