Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095683 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2640 on: July 21, 2011, 05:42:42 pm »

I think I just had my first encounter with a black knight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

story of my life
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 21, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »

As a hammerman, I found out that a reasonably high wrestling stat allows you to strangle someone, cause them to pass out within a few turns, and immediately whack their head in. On another note, grabbing a humanoid and holding them up against a burning tree might be more preferable for purposes of sadism.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

As a hammerman, I found out that a reasonably high wrestling stat allows you to strangle someone, cause them to pass out within a few turns, and immediately whack their head in. On another note, grabbing a humanoid and holding them up against a burning tree might be more preferable for purposes of sadism.
You didn't know this was possible?
My peasant warriors always try to isolate opponents, knock them down, and strangle them when possible. It ensures a quick, clean end to most battles.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2643 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:36 pm »

I've tried strangling folk but nothing ever happens?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 21, 2011, 06:35:13 pm »

I've tried strangling folk but nothing ever happens?
Some dudes straight up can't be strangled. Bogeymen among them.

With a human, kobold, goblin, elf, or dwarf though it's as simple as grappling their throat somehow (I usually use my upper arm). You then place them in a chokehold, and strangle them a few times until they pass out. If it's taking too long, try stabbing them in the upper body to disrupt one of their lungs...that might help.
I've never seen anyone need to be strangled more than 3 or 4 times before passing out though.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 21, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »

Got in a fight with a minotaur and died. It's a shame. That was one of my best adventurers. Somehow I got the impression that minotaurs weren't extremely difficult. That couldn't be further from the truth. I couldn't land a single shot on that thing and it was manhandling me the whole time. To top it all off it rammed it's horn into my friggin' skull!

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 22, 2011, 12:26:05 am »

Played a successful swordsman who was getting quests to kill night creatures from the leader of a civ. I could hack most enemies into bits. Got ambushed, between two human towns, by a bandit group of mixed goblins and humans. The leader was a goblin wielding all *superior* equipment, including an *iron halberd*. This goblin proceeded to wipe me in solo combat, stabbing and hacking despite my armor. I looked up the goblin in legends mode later, and found that he had been alive for hundreds of years, since the beginning of the world, and presumably became quite a badass for surviving it all.

stven275

• Bay Watcher
  • What do i put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:39 am »

STEP1:download genesis mod

STEP2:Go to adventure mode

STEP3:Choose minotaur outsider

STEP4:??

PROFIT!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:14:12 am by stven275 »
"I don't have time to jusify myself to your viewers.(dances in pink armor)"
-YouTube comment 2012

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

I have the genesis mod, but minotaur is not an option for me to play...

On topic, I was just doing flawlessly as an Axedwarf, having not taken a single wound but felling many foes. Then, I was ambushed in my sleep and murdered before I had a single turn. Life sucks. I even had adequate observer, and everything.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2649 on: July 23, 2011, 12:20:33 pm »

That's why sleeping in the wilds isn't recommended at all. :P
Also, i had a glorious encounter with bogeymen, and the last kill happened like so:

I chopped that little fuck to so many pieces that it died before i was done chopping. Thank you, martial trance! Same adventurer then got his face caved in by an angry bandit leader. Balls.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: July 23, 2011, 04:24:39 pm »

Ugh... That was a depressing YASD just now. I created a Demon Demigod, just for a change of pace, and did just one or two quests before I decided to endlessly wander mountains, slaying creatures and using their bones to decorate his cobalt cleaver.

Everything was going fine and I was having fun, a nice distraction from dying a lot like I have been recently. Two moments of note would be fighting off two packs of dire wolves simulatenously, and taking out a pigeon with a dagger throw from all the way across the screen.

Then it all went downhill.

I woke up from my mountain sleep (No Bogeymen in the mountains!) to find a Horror of the night bearing down upon me. My Demon fought valiantly but had his entire right arm down to the hand broken and he lost his cleaver. Then, I was saved. A yeti appeared and fought only the horror of the night, even though the horror and my demon occupied the same tile. My character crawled and ran away, grateful for his life. Just as I was going to rest again to heal his lost limbs and look for a new weapon, a third pack of dire wolves attacked. I knew that I would be unable to face them, so I fled in the opposite direction. Then a fourth pack approached from that direction. Desperate, I ran in a different direction just to be trapped between open space, leading to a river about four floors below, and two packs of wolves.

I took the plunge and dived into the river. I landed on rocks. Sustaining mortal injuries to my organs, I crawled forward in the river just to be attacked by two rock lions that happened to be on the rocks. Demon dies.

That is probably my most depressing death, through the whole serious tone and painful feel it had to it when playing. My poor demon, he just wanted to be left alone in the mountains.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: July 23, 2011, 06:26:07 pm »

My badass adventurer had already killed one bandit camp, losing the use of his right hand.
Going into the second, I leapt from a ridge onto a wrestler, and managed to kill him.
I was then assaulted by a maceman and a swordsman.
They beat me unconscious, despite my iron armours.

I thought I was doomed.
But then I woke up. My left hand had it's nerves severed, but aside from some muscle damage, I was fine.
A second wrestler had joined in attacking me.

I figured I would go out fighting.
From my bag, I threw arrows. Managed to take out the maceman's foot, and damage the swordsman's guts enough for him to vomit, and cave the skull of the wrestler in with a kick.
The other two fled, and so did I.

Without my arms, I knew I was doomed to fail.
My peasant was only skilled in spears.
I decided to take the honourable way out.

The cyclops took fat damage to the head. I took brain damage.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 23, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »

i had a legendary dwarf adventurer who survived a goblin night attack as my human legendary adventurer's companion then went on to kill a cave dragon and retire to give another creature the chance to become a heroic figure. after dying and failing as all the races, i unretired him and after walking out of teh fort was beaten and killed by a grizzly bear....... i guess he had a bad retirement or something because he killed dragons and was eventually killed by one fucking grizzly bear.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Spybuster

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Engravers, The Kings and Queens of Trolling...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: July 24, 2011, 12:38:54 am »

Well I enjoy playing Adventure mode, but i got bored of watching all my dwarven adventurers die due to the humans being Useless, so I figured i should try this genocide thing out, So i created an Axedwarf by the name Kubuk Cityfights. The most fun, Disturbing fun, I have had in Adventure mode, Within 4 days CityFights Murdered 342 civilians, and about 5 children. Some of his Lovely gore filled moments were walking into the doorway of a building and entering martial trance, Killing everyone in 1 hit, then a child charged him. Cityfights then Strangled the human child and Hacked at its head which then proceeded to sail off in a bloody arc!(My Favorite sentence in DF) But All good things must come to an end, So boogeymen killed him...
Besmar Townblizzard!

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: July 24, 2011, 03:46:18 am »

I was attempting to finish off an unconscious muskox (WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!) when I accidentally attacked my most experienced companion who promptly owned me.

Why is there a confirmation for attacking unconscious creatures, anyway? Of course I wanted to finish that Muskox, it had just crushed my bowman!

So frustrating...this was the first time I'd done this well, too.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1104