Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095611 times)

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2700 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:54 am »

Elves (dont) rule.

[/quote]
elves are hippies
You just can't trust allies

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 31, 2011, 07:19:18 am »

damnit my quote doesn't work D:
You just can't trust allies

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

I started a game as a Gray Beast (Pterodactyl made of ash) and attacked a HUGE goblin bandit camp.

It was epic, I kept swooping down and kicking them in the chest to great effect. Twenty goblins died before a hammerman got lucky and decapitated one of my legs, sending me to the ground and letting the others wail on me for a while resulting in my death.

God I love demons.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 31, 2011, 07:57:45 am »

Elves (dont) rule.

My strongest adventurer was an elf, got him up to legendary spearelf and superior strength and agility.  Best character yet, and all because of his wooden spear. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 31, 2011, 08:11:09 am »

Elves (dont) rule.

Cacame.

Also, Caravan of Amanereli.

Also, exotic beasts of destruction.

Your argument is invalid :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:28:14 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 31, 2011, 08:14:20 am »

Elves (dont) rule.

Cacame.

Also, Caraven of Amanereli.

Also, exotic beasts of destruction.

Your argument is invalid :P

Damn straight. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: July 31, 2011, 09:28:29 am »

Thanks Jax!, I played as a lizard fiend and recruited 10 bandits and tried pillaging a town, I was the only survivor.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: July 31, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »

I just entered a fortress that fell to a pair of forgotten beasts in the height of it's glory.  The forgotten beasts had died before abandon to dumb luck and stupidity,  and me and 2 other adventurers enter for the mature fortress' loot and gear.

(the fortress was DFLaired but there was so much chaos when the fortress fell that I had little idea where the good stuff was)

We found the trade goods stockpile, but decided to hold off on looting it, instead going for the military stockpile.  All the good stuff was deeper in I knew, where all the soldiers had died fighting the forgotten beasts, but this would cover me from the typical wildlife.  Some of it was covered in some of the extract that ended the fortress, but it didn't seem to have an effect on me wearing the gear.

So I went deeper in, trying to guess where the most elite soldiers (with the best stuff) probably were when they died.  Instead of going down, I went up.  Expecting them to be found in the remains of the hospital.

Nothing but a dead crossbowman that hadn't even made it to the beds before the syndrome took hold.  Leather armor, and copper bolts.  I had gotten better from the armory.  And then on my way back I encountered a modded creature.  A creature that this fortress spent an inordinate amount of time looking for and never finding.

A Cave Basilisk.  Flesh as hard as iron and a paralysing bite.  I stab it in the head with my iron armory sword.  No dice, it glanced away.  It's scales are too hard for iron.  I'll need the fortress champion's steel sword if I wanted to even hope to kill it.

So then began my adventures though my old fortress looking for the only steel greatsword in the entire place, with a overpowered monster I can't kill without it hot on my heels.  It takes me 2 hours of playing to find that damn sword in the chaos.  My adventurer lost an arm and an ear to when he had to try and rush past the chasing basilisk fortunate to have been protected from it's fangs breaking the skin due to the armor.

I threw many objects at it, including a steel pickaxe which only caused some torn fat on one of it's legs. And then I finally found the sword hidden in the chaos.  I throw my iron sword at the basilisk and collect my prize, and turn to face my enemy. 

And then stab it once for a somewhat insignificant fleshwound and get my head bitten off.  ...That was anticlimactic...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 01, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »

i was playing as a demon advcenturer in genesis (not a clown, but the demon race) they are awesome because they don't feint or get stunned, so even when they have all their bones broken and are in extreme pain they keep fighting. I am embaressed top admit it, but even with such an overpowerd race, i chose demigod difficulty, but to offset that, i chose to be an outsider and put all my skills into knife user and dodging. since demons are so big, all my armor had to be self made, and since demons have claws, they cannot wear handwear, and in the version i'm playing you cannot craft any legwear except cloth pants, so he is also vulnerable there.

After massacrering armies of elves, and recieving numerous scars, my hero had the bad luck of facing two grizzley bears, overcomfident in his skill he took them both on at once and had his left hand bit off. Being a legendary knife user, he made the most of his black bronze dagger, massacreing more of the filthy hippies, until one fatefull day he was ambushed by sand lions. THere were three total and being overconfident my hero decided to rush at all three. two of them latched onto his arms causing sensor and motor nerve damage. and after ripping his arms free he ran like a coward.

seeing i would spend the rest of my adventuring career as an armless bafoon i was about to end it, but i decided to soldier on and try to grind up my wrestling at a nearby abandoned fort. I was chasing a monkey when a pack of jackals approached (easy) before i could even fight the jackals wolves joined in (ok) then a swarm of brook trolls entered the fray. (not cool) my companions were hippies who decided to look the other way as i strangled , kicked and bit my way through the furry hordes. Just as it was looking like i may actually suffer serious damage, my elvish companions rushed in and finished off the brook trolls, giving me the chance to finish off the last wolves and move on to a pack of less dangerous creatures. I strangled a few vultures then turned the corner to find.... three sandlions. I should have run... my legs were fine and i had 2000 speed, but i wasn't about to back down to a few lions and i attacked, this time it was a more cautious attack and i managed to kill one before being set upon by the other two, my demon fought heroicaly mortally wounding one (and not the bruised lung kind of mortally wounded) before being eaten by the other.

all in all, an awesome adventurer!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 01, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »

well I pick up 6 dusk monsters from a cave and added them to my growing army of wanted monsters for my fortress.
hopefully I can make a nice armor
Never mind the small little hut being siege by Ranglers hopefully the new recruits can wipe the floor with them.
If not may the RNG god bless me with a better fighter.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Liquid Ice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 02, 2011, 02:30:45 am »

So i started up as a human swords-dude, just out for some lulz via severed limbs. Totally forgetting that night means bad news, i wandered around till i found a dry riverbed, then the cackling started. I ran for a little while, and after getting punched one too many times in the damn hand, i jumped into the dry riverbed, hoping that would at least thin the numbers. Wrong. Now I'm cornered, pissed, and almost certainly dead. so i go to aim my attacks at the bogey men real carefully when i get one of those little teal exclamation marks of hope. It was the head. For biting. So thinking what the heck, i did it, tearing skin and fat. The bogey man had no time to react before i had shaken him in the wrestling menu, tearing off his head, and flinging his body killing him instantly.

I JUST OZZY OSBOURNED A BOGEY MAN.

(I'm really sorry about this but the one liners coming off this is just some serious innuendo overload.)

might also mention that that worked better than 20 sword swings, and i threw the head at another bogey man taking out a leg.

Is this crap now commonplace and I'm seriously missing out or is this just accidentally epic?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:00:34 am by Liquid Ice »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 02, 2011, 06:19:51 am »

Uan Zekrimoth Nidostkol, the human outcast Wrestler-Biter-Miner, or Uan Snotknot the Ferocious Wheel has been retired due to my itching to play Fortress Mode.

Some of Uan's best kills- she oneshotted a bleak horror with her -iron pick- and ran into a wall after, stunning herself. Or the time she threw her blood at an opponent, killing the wounded kobold.
Nomming a kobold's head off ('You shake the kobold wrestler by the head, and the severed part sails off in an arc!'
Or even the time her peasant friend killstole against a dragon and then promptly died before Uan could enact revenge.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 02, 2011, 07:03:55 am »

In my modded quest to get a Blade of Sundering (sharp sword that starts out as weak as iron, and is upgradable up to 2x Genesis mod Mithril level), my ego got the best of me and my head caved in around me, by a bogeyman, while asleep.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 02, 2011, 07:09:55 am »

That modded quest sounds pretty awesome!

And @Liquid Ice: I think people occasionally manage something like that, but if it manages to get you out of a jam, then it's still pretty damn awesome! :) ...Stuff like that never happens to me...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JaZZZ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 02, 2011, 02:40:38 pm »

Today I started playing adventure again,cause my fort dorfs breached hell and let out all kinds of shits.
Made a Human axman.Went to some nearby peasant to get some quests.The dude tells me to go kill a gobo in some shithole in the middle of nowhere,I didn't really pay attention to the part "He killed bla bla" - but that part will kick in later.

Basically I get to the nearest fort,get my merry company ready consisting of myself,an axman and an archer,sleep there and then start traveling to the place.

When I get there I see lots of good shit on the ground,tons of mastercraft iron and bronze stuff,I think okay,I'm gonna pick up the goodies later.
Me and my companions get rid of the gobbos with relative ease,I see that they have they're limbs severed so I leave my companions to deal with them while I slay the chief.When I find the chief the usual text arrives. I killed bla-bla,raped Urist Mcsuck and like 5 others.Then I see "I am the slayer of Argon the Icy Church".That was my previous adventurer.Motherfucker killed him at sleep.Best adventurer I had by that far.

I easily wrestled the sucker to the ground,cut off his hands,then waited for him to stop bleeding,then severed his feet...And waited again, by then I hoped to move on to lower legs and lower arms,but i saw my companions running at him so I cut off his head wanting the killing blow.I bet the bastards head had a smile on it knowing he didn't suffer much. After stripping the Gobbo Chief of every piece of his clothing I left his body to rot there taking his head with me.
Then I proceede to loot the good shit of the ground,while stroling arround I see my former adventurers partial skeleton on a pike, but by the skeleton I see ONE OF HIS COMPANIONS ,FUCKING ALIVE, with a gobbo swordsman mutilating him,"L"ooking at the companion I see it's the guy that saved my adventurer before when an another gobbo group ambushed us( the dude managed to stay alive the whole time while I was asleep,like 15 turns with 5 gobbos kicking and stabbing him,luckily both me and him survived then.) I quickly ran to the gobbo swordsman,strangled him,and let the half-beaten former companion punch him to death.

Afterwards I took him in my party and renamed him to Truehero.Looking at his health I see he has lost the ability to stand, dem fucking nerve damage.We burned my former adventurers partial skeleton next to a maple tree together with a bronze set of armour,a shield and a sword.
I go back to the nearest settlement equiped with the stuff of my former adventurer.I wish I could equip Truehero with it somehow...and give him a crutch...fucking nerve damage...
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1104