Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096232 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2445 on: June 14, 2011, 11:31:29 am »

I made a new world with no night creatures, and was tasked to murder a combat troglodyte (A caste of troglodyte that flies and is trainable)
I started murdering him horribly with my serpentine whip (An unique whip meant for my serpent man civs, also called serpentine because it's not meant to be made out of serpentine, but meant to be like a snake)
Then I poisoned him and felt bad for him.
So I just lashed him in the head with my whip and he died.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:33 pm »

I just stumbled across a night horror's lair and went in. He made his big announcement thing and to my surprise, had actually killed someone. Turned out he hadn't just killed anyone, he killed the queen of a nearby Dwarven civilisation. I slew him and proceeded to loot his lair and I eventually stumbled a skull and various other remains. These were the remains of the dead queen. I put the skull in my backpack and went merrily along my way. Stuff like this is what is so awesome about adventurer mode.

I will now use the queens head as a missile to take out the demonic leader of a goblin civilisation that has been harassing my civilisation for the past 2 centuries.

Legends viewer is awesome with adventure mode by the way, being able to find that guy that has led attacks against your civ and gone undefeated for 250 years is pretty awesome.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 14, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »

Cutting off parts and using them to knock people out so you can cut off their parts. Lot's o' fun.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 14, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

I genned a new world with VERY few civs, and I used a human outsider, with skills in stuff like throwing, striking, biting, stuff that early cro-magnon men had.  I also turned bogeymen off, so no worry about them.  I wasn't looking for quests and glory, I was just looking for a way to survive.  Unfortunately, a lot of big cats such as lions and cougars found me, and I couldn't do much, considering I only allowed myself a rock as a weapon.

That is awesome. Knapping, wrestling, biting, ambushing, throwing

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: June 14, 2011, 09:21:13 pm »

So i was was questing and i went to a bandit camp and i noticed that there was armor scattered about and i found 2 dead bandits and a lasher that was alive i really need to see the legends page about wtf happened

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: June 15, 2011, 12:57:00 am »

I've encountered 3 damn surface spiders so far.
They were no match for my mystical serpentine (A metal slightly better than steel) snakewhip.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 15, 2011, 01:22:19 am »

Spawned a new cobald adventurer, already hostile to my own civ. I went on a moderate killing spree in a town killing maybe 5-6 before someone shot me and I passed out, ending in my death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 15, 2011, 01:32:35 am »

I've been testing out the fireballs I've modded in. And by "testing out" I mean finding random shops and incinerating everything in sight.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Dwarf Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • T' bread wi't edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:16 am »

Been testing out a fairy race I modded in. Apparently being vermin sized means that if you bleed even slightly you die almost immediately and that you can't open doors to enter most buildings. So it's been a bit tough to survive. Might give them adamantine armour, see if that makes them last more than twenty seconds because the idea of fighting enemies several million times your size using weapons that are several times the owners' size amuses me.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:26 am »

This is what's going on in my adventure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

I quietly chuckle every time I kill someone instantly with a punch, as I imagine that every time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:07:06 am by PCpaste »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 15, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

I just came across what I at first thought was an empty fort.
No soldiers inside.. but I did find a skink demon "prisoner" in the keep.
I talked to her, and asked her profession. She says "I am queen. Please help me to escape this place." O-kay.. Upon recruiting her, her profession changed to Drunk.

So now I have a drunk skink demon prisoner queen following me around.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 16, 2011, 01:09:24 am »

I had a pretty cool adventure last night in a "Smaller Island" world.  I had just modded in gnomes as a playable race (or at least I'm calling them gnomes - I don't know if they are consistent with anyone else's idea of a gnome).  I also included a caste of "blessed gnomes", who are much larger, and (in my imagination at least) are wizards.  They turned out to be really strong, thanks to me misunderstanding how size works.

Anyway, I played a blessed gnome, who was a member of "The Ill Cat".  I took a bunch of quests to kill bandits, and breezed through them (many of these bandits were also gnomes, most of which are extremely weak).  Finally, a human suggested I go see the lord on the other side of the mountains, to ask for a bigger quest.

On my way there, I got stopped by some bandits.  In fact, this was the largest bandit group I'd ever seen.  I could only assume that local gangs, hearing about my bandit-slaughtering crusade, had decided to work together and all ambush me at once.  I don't know how many bandits were there, but I had gained at least 30 kills before I was unable to find any more.

Anyway, I finally made it to the lord's castle, which was made entirely out of native platinum, and talked him.  He asked me to kill a minotaur who had been terrorizing the area.  He said he'd be honored if I'd take some of his soldiers with him.  I would have, but he had no soldiers.  Just a bunch of peasants, who I (incorrectly) assumed were his children.  So, I took a couple of them with me, and headed off to the labyrinth. 

The minotaur was pretty tough; he killed those other guys, and tore my nose off.  I tried to take him down using "gnomish energy".  This was something I had modded in.  It's like a magic missile, but it has a syndrome attached, which causes paralysis of the hands and legs, followed by a very long period of unconsciousness.  I call it a "gnomish coma".  It didn't work on the minotaur, but one of the "blasts" did manage to shatter his skull and tear his brain.

I went back to the lord, and he asked me to kill a Roc.  I forgot to mention, this was the Age of the Roc.  So this was a pretty huge deal.  Anyway, I got a couple of soldiers, and the Roc killed both of them.  However, I managed to bring down the Roc with gnomish energy, and then killed and butchered him. 

To end my journey, I planned on going to the capital and killing the humans' ruler, a lizard devil (and perhaps kill the other human leaders, militaries, and civilians, to bring about the Gnomish Age).  However, he was way too hard to kill, and gnomish energy didn't even affect him.  After a savescumming and failing few times, I finally retired in my nation's capital, where I delivered hundreds of units of Roc meat to the starving gnomes.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:17:43 am by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:12 am »

An unique whip meant for my serpent man civs, also called serpentine because it's not meant to be made out of serpentine, but meant to be like a snake.

So you're using a snake as a weapon?  AWESOME!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 16, 2011, 06:20:07 am »

So, after straying into an enemy human civ, pillaging a fortress and a village, I lose my last companion.

And it is nightime.

SUDDENLY, BOGEYMEN

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 16, 2011, 06:40:09 am »

After my fourth successive encounter with bogeymen, I am sorry to say that Etru Poemwanders the Bravery of Courage, master axeman, was gored through the brain by a bogeyman's horn while half a day away from the nearest friendly fortress. May she rest in piece with over 150 notable kills under her belt.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1104