Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096076 times)

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2460 on: June 16, 2011, 08:10:08 am »

I just managed to sleep in the middle of a battlefield. When i woke up, enemy humans and enemy goblins were fighting eachother.

And us.

I didnt last long.

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:33 am »

Kicked in the head with an iron helm on, instakill. For the fourth damn time. Getting to this goblin civ is really hard, but I guess that's better than it being easy to walk into their towers and slaughter everyone. I keep getting caught by patrols.
« Reply #2462 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:12 am »

Thoraeve Rongquan Pucstrok has apparently been working out. A lot.

It was literally burned off. By dragon fire.

Edit:

Additional, out of my part of 20 (including myself) only a bowman and I remain. The bowman, whom I've nicknamed "Chillingsworth," has run out of arrows, so now he just bashes people with his bow. He's been with me since I was still without armor, though, so he's probably a complete badass by now. When I learned I could wrestle into strangling people, I started practicing it. So now I run around, chop off a guy's weapon hand/arm, grab them by the throat and squeeze the life out of them until they black out, then Chillingsworth coup de grace them in the head with his bow.

Code: [Select]
You grab The captain by the throat from the side with your right lower arm!
The captain retches.
The Bowmacer bashes The captain in the upper body with his iron bow, but the attack is deflected by The captain's rope reed fiber toga!
You place a chokehold on The captain's throat with Your right lower arm!
You strangle The captain's throat!
The captain passes out.
The Bowmacer bashes The captain in the head with his iron bow, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Omsos Osdaopi, Maceman has been struck down.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:53:00 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Obsessed

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh no not you again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »

I attempted to catch myself on fire by holding a firebolt (ripped out of genesis) as a dracon

I tried holding several yet still failed to catch myself on fire... Somehow.

Never mind. Played as a human and lit myself on fire. Mission accomplished.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:04:35 pm by Obsessed »
Not that different to holocausting elves in a magma chamber. We're all already nazis, just in denial about it.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 16, 2011, 07:00:19 pm »

I decided to play a bronze colossus, using the genesis mod. After throwing the village I spawned in against the wall and making it explode, I struck out on my own and made friends with some local humans. They then tasked me with going after a bandit gang in their camp. When I got there, I suddenly remembered the spell with Genesis that allows any adventurer to summon fire bolts/arrows on demand for free. Being that I was a bronze goddamn colossus, I devised a clever method of utilizing this tool: Stab the enemy.

With fire.

It had some odd effects. In addition to my walking around basically on fire, I found that any time an enemy was stabbed and the bolt stayed in the wound, there was an explosive cloud of their boiling blood released. I reveled in this. Such, however, is to be expected when putting flaming things where they don't belong. But what i found really odd was the frostbite the creature began suffering when the bolt was lodged within his body. One of my enemies even died of frostbite from being stabbed so many times with the bolt.

After slaughtering most of the camp, I decide to check to see if one of the meatbags I'd tossed about was the one I was meant to kill.

I would have no such luck, and after searching the area around the site I still was unable to find the bandit I'd meant to kill.

But the physics of the bolt were fascinating.

If you went into water, like a pond, the bolt would be put out, and would stay docile and not on fire so long as the site around you remained loaded. If, however, you fast-travelled, and had to reload a site, you would burst into flame again.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: June 16, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »

Made an elvish spearman, who of course, got the lame wooden weaponry that everyone hates.  However, I immediately saw an upside to it.  You see, I began to slaughter the town I was in ( in vengeance for all the people who go on elven massacres ) and my wooden spear wasn't really lethal, but once I immobilized the target, I could just auto-attack him or her with blinding speed.  The first time I did it, my skill with the spear jumped up from talented to adept immediately.  I would do this until my enemy was just paste.  The elvish weapons may not be lethal, but they are absolutely perfect for training. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 17, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »

I got ambushed on my way to a fort.
So I lured a macegob in and killed him.
Then I recruit some guys, and to report the death of someone, I go in the lawgiver's room.
Oh god no..
The overlord KILLED him!
So I killed the overlord. With the axe that I forged myself.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:59:08 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
« Reply #2467 on: June 18, 2011, 12:02:18 am »

I'm like a ninja!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't fire the arrow; that was from one of my henchmen. I deftly chucked the guy's guts at it :D

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
  • Time stands still at the iron hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 18, 2011, 04:32:25 pm »

So... in my first time trying adventure mode, my brave peasant swordsman (can't remember his name) got attacked by some bogeymen. I tried to run away because I didn't think I could fight them, but they caught up to me and mortally wounded me. So I decided to try and fight them. Each time I attacked, I missed, so I decided to run away again. After a while of running, I decided to fight once again, still in vain. After attempting to chop their heads off, I decided to run. Then I fell unconscious. They then proceeded to rip my throat out, thus ending my very brief trip in adventure mode. Time for a new run at it :D
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.
« Reply #2469 on: June 18, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »

Epic 1v1 battle with a Hydra. Daybaldness the Warm Triangle won, however, it came at the cost of his left hand.

Wondering if I should retire him and make a new adventurer, or if I should keep doing heroic shit with only one hand; he's still able to have his buckler and sword in his right hand, so he's still able to fight but I don't know...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 19, 2011, 12:55:26 am »

Epic 1v1 battle with a Hydra. Daybaldness the Warm Triangle won, however, it came at the cost of his left hand.

Wondering if I should retire him and make a new adventurer, or if I should keep doing heroic shit with only one hand; he's still able to have his buckler and sword in his right hand, so he's still able to fight but I don't know...

Continue at it.  Losing a hand is little compared to losing the ability to stand and walk without a crutch, if that happens your speed will be decreased a lot, but the one-hand thing doesn't seem to be a problem. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 19, 2011, 01:24:02 am »

So, about 8 dead adventurers later, I made a human axeman. After killing some random monkeys and turkeys, butchering them, and taking their meat, I went to a town to sell it off. Now, I sold them for some money, but for some reason when I went to take some out of his chest, no one would talk to me anymore. So, I decided to start killing everyone. I killed about four people and then looted their shops for armour. I went into the next shop where two people were. They proceeded to beat the living crap out of me, and when all was said and done, I had a missing arm and my skull was crushed in. Best. Adventure. EVER. :)
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:00 am »

So, about 8 dead adventurers later, I made a human axeman. After killing some random monkeys and turkeys, butchering them, and taking their meat, I went to a town to sell it off. Now, I sold them for some money, but for some reason when I went to take some out of his chest, no one would talk to me anymore. So, I decided to start killing everyone. I killed about four people and then looted their shops for armour. I went into the next shop where two people were. They proceeded to beat the living crap out of me, and when all was said and done, I had a missing arm and my skull was crushed in. Best. Adventure. EVER. :)
They put the money they owe on the table in front of it. Everything else is store property. Also: Congratulations You are now a Bay12 Adventurer!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 19, 2011, 12:42:26 pm »

Ah, thank you for telling me that. Now no more incidents with angry merchants :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 19, 2011, 04:41:28 pm »

I am trying to kill a walrus.

I am a frost ettin (Fortress Defense), hitting an unconscious walrus in the head. The head is "gouting" walrus blood. The walrus WILL NOT DIE! THREE WALRUS KILLS ARE NOT ENOUGH!!!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 1104