Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099019 times)

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1755 on: January 25, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »

Adventuring in a duplicated-raws world, with the only duplicated raw being dwarven language. Nothing really changed, but the game works faster than usual for some reason.

Just found a whale leather thong. 'Whale tail' just took on a new meaning.

Got sent to kill a night creature (an actual one, not a spouse or such). With its welcoming hit, it knocked the head off my axeman, and in a few turns tore apart the lasher. In a bout of OHSHI-- I dash for the entrance, but then get a counterattack and impale its heart on my halberd. Then I just run out of the lair, and the night creature collapses and bleeds out right under the hatch. Now THAT was a lucky hit.

The nearest human civilization leader's name is Jol Weakensense. Yeah, I can see why the civilization worships minerals while having none.
My adventurer is now called Mori Groovedinns the Insightful Dwelling. Insightful indeed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:15:44 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1756 on: January 26, 2011, 07:25:22 am »

I just got sent to kill a named hydra (Darala strapsnarls the future sport), in a cave named futurebile, with ten kills, a hydra that has been told to me by my first lady quest giver that it ate her son, and also the armorer that I sat and sold sand to for an hour said it had killed his brother, I recognised the name as soon as I saw it, and said "What a small world!"

I also just got ambushed by some humans and got the good fortune to cut apart 2 of their upper spines, so new torture victims to play with.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:43:29 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:24 am »

I just cracked a Human Huntress in the head with a rock, for claiming to be unfit to brave danger.
It hurt her alot more than i planned.
Im running away now.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 26, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »

My adventurer is the best and luckiest one so far. He became a living legend, killed several megabeasts (with the help of an army of fanboys tearing their mostly scaly hides apart) and retired in the capital of the biggest civilization nearby. The only injury he sustained was a damaged left hand.

In a new adventure, a human lady worships a deity associated with birth. 'This servant of birth greets you' cracked me up. 'Go with birth' knocked me off the chair.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:44:26 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:37 pm »

Me and my group of three adventurers went off to kill a bandit.
We arrive at the scene, and immediately spot a member of his band. I start to run towards him, but then I notice the ring leader watching us from a distance, so I change directions and gun it for the ringleader, leaving my men to handle the rest of the band. As I run toward the ring leader, I'm ambushed by a bowman. He shoots at me from close range, and I dodge the shot. I skewer him in the head with my left hand and break his upper spine, disarming him. I leave him behind and continue chasing after the ringleader, who starts running past a ground hog, only to stop and attack it for reasons only he knows. I catch up to him just as the groundhog is finished off, and proceed to lay a smack down on him. After about 6 hand skewerings to the head, he is finally finished off by a kick to the head. I go back and finish off the bowman, then walk back to my men. When I get there, all of them are alive, and the only injuries were bruises.
This is the most badass group of adventurers I have ever had.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Sir_Cuddles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 26, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »

I am a lone pike dwarf seeking revenge for my fallen fortress which was overrun by demons... I trained by sleeping in the wilderness at night and slaying all bogey men who came near as well as the Night lords. I am a legendary fighter and spear and pike dwarf with high levels of a few other things... I am so doomed ;)

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 26, 2011, 11:59:40 pm »

I'm starting to really love this adventurer.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 27, 2011, 12:55:02 am »

I am a lone pike dwarf seeking revenge for my fallen fortress which was overrun by demons... I trained by sleeping in the wilderness at night and slaying all bogey men who came near as well as the Night lords. I am a legendary fighter and spear and pike dwarf with high levels of a few other things... I am so doomed ;)

That what now?

I'm starting to really love this adventurer.

"poke"? Did you mod that in?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:18 am »

zombie mod in adventure mode is fun! but really taxing when you got slow reanimated corpses that take a beating. maybe best for training companions bad for being a threat. also the enjoyment of seeing the creatures rise again one by one is a nice touch.
screwing around with the change adventurer function led to me getting a quest to kill a night troll from my self.
so I accept and and kill the creature, then revive it killed it and turn it into a undead zombie.
after the long walk back I end up with Nith zipping up to us 10 blocks per frame... when I look at him

yeah... two NITHS lords.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:28:44 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1764 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:54 am »

I just got my second megabeast quest, to kill a female dragon called luto flamefire the brand of sweltering in the goldenheated with ten kills...wow rng really desides that dragons need very firey names.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 27, 2011, 11:36:46 am »

After realizing I could just swim across the ocean to escape the little island I was on (after killing a few hundred humans and growing bored of that civilization) I went to the ocean edge... and found that the entire ocean was frozen.

Naturally, I was elated. Much easier to walk!

Anyways, I make it across, when suddenly, in the middle of the ocean, I run into what I assumed was dry land... But, strangely enough, it was not.

The ocean had somehow managed to freeze in such a position as to create what I can't explain as anything else than a fortress. There is some sort of... channel running straight through it, but I haven't jumped down to check where it goes for fear of getting stuck.

Pretty awesome, really.

Edit: Well, I guess that won't happen.

The fall was like 30 z-levels. I slammed into the bottom and exploded :<

What the hell is going on here? The ocean is covered with these things... differing sizes and shapes, but all of them with the one central inlet.

Also, apparently, trying to sleep is... bad. I was sent flying, then encased in ice.

Woop.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:57:06 am by Dachande »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1766 on: January 27, 2011, 12:09:54 pm »

There is often holes in the bottoms of oceans due to cavern penatration, on the bottom of the ocean is a spot where the rock between the ocean and the cavern layer isnt there and it is trying to find a balance to this and flood the cavern but maintain the ocean and fails due to non site inaction, once you view it it shows up as what you see its an oddity. I made my fort next to the only one I could find near land, and it caused my fort to get 1 fps off the embark and mist inside the ocean, its a very unvoiced problematic feature.

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 27, 2011, 12:14:49 pm »

There is often holes in the bottoms of oceans due to cavern penatration, on the bottom of the ocean is a spot where the rock between the ocean and the cavern layer isnt there and it is trying to find a balance to this and flood the cavern but maintain the ocean and fails due to non site inaction, once you view it it shows up as what you see its an oddity. I made my fort next to the only one I could find near land, and it caused my fort to get 1 fps off the embark and mist inside the ocean, its a very unvoiced problematic feature.
Well, the first few didn't mess up my fps.. But I came across a really big one, and the game got basically unplayable. Had to abandon trying to cross the ocean :<

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1768 on: January 27, 2011, 12:17:20 pm »

Yeah they make swimming across oceans a very bad idea, ever since the cavern layer got put in.

Toady needs to have the game recognize when they happen and do something about them, like worldgen detecting them and auto-readjust the cavern and ocean to what they would be after flows. skiping the flows and just outputing the water to fill the immediatly connected cavern to where water would flow.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:24:44 pm by rarborman »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »

I love going into carvern systems through throwing magma with one of those XD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1104