Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099014 times)

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1725 on: January 22, 2011, 09:43:26 am »

Earlier this year Dumat Ushulrimtar Dumattomen Arzes, newbie adventurer, managed to find the lost dwarven fortress of Smithclearings and equipped herself in a set of excellent steel gear. She wasn't brave enough to penetrate the depths of the fortress in search of the god-metal gear that was rumored to have been made there before the dwarves who once lived there abandoned it en masse--not yet, and not with only one companion to ward off the bogeymen at night. That time will come.

After acquiring the masterwork steel axe of Cerol Legonthob, she went on a vision quest, following a brook deep into the rhyolite mountain range known as The Finger Of Enchantments. Great birds attacked her over and over but she struck each down in its turn. At the brook's source she discovered a great peak known as The Ruthless Furnace. She scaled it and at the top looked down into a gigantic well of Armok's burning blood.

Dumat returned to civilization, greatly strengthened by her time of ordeal. She is now making a name for herself by clearing out outlaw camps all around The Hills of Jade and The Blizzards of Heavens, working solo, biding her time until she feels ready to descend into the caverns beneath Smithclearings and locate the lead vault that is said to have been built upon a vast underground lake. The masterwork axe of Cerol Legonthob now numbers thirty-nine notable kills, and thirty-seven others, most of which are giant eagles.

I made the Smithclearings fort for my brother to mess with, and intended to just test it myself to make sure stuff stays where I wanted it to be, but now I've gotten badly distracted by everything else you can do in .18. The bluestuff's all in lead bins, and the steel was still in its stockpiles where I left it, so I think it'll be all right. Should be a pretty fun fort for an adventurer - you have find a couple of levers to unlock the stair to cavern 3, then follow the markings on the floor down there to get to the vault. There's a nice masterwork bluestuff axe in there with any luck, along with a few other toys.

This is my first go at 2010 adventurer mode, and my fourth adventurer character in two days. The first three attempts died thus: (1) kicked in head by camel, (2) torn apart by bogeymen outside the walls of a human fortress while looking for door, (3) tossed off cliff by yeti *facepalm* I'm getting the hang of it again now though. Kind of disappointed food and drink is currently busted, would've been fun to have had to subsist on the flesh and blood of those eagles when I was climbing mountains.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

So, I'm playing my dragon and whatnot, when suddenly my companions leave me in the middle of the night and bogeymans attack me. I go to aim attack one, when it says there's a lizard fiend nearby. So I say, "OSHT" and attack it. My dragon charges at the lizard fiend...

Which is 131 Z levels down, in Hell. I charged straight through the ground into Hell, and was stuck there with angry demons. I tried fast traveling, can't. I tried sleeping, didn't help. Until exactly seven days in, as soon as dawn broke on the upper world, I was teleported out to sea. I flew up and flew back to land, which took me a long time, but man, what the hell? This dragon is probably mentally traumatized by now.

Wow. I knew you could attack things in Hell, (I've bitten off antennae of Ant Queens and things in the Caverns) I did not know you could charge Hellcreatures and land down there. Coool.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:46 pm »

'Kay. Anything to do with it? Like mine the walls or something?

Not in adventure mode at least. Has anyone ever tried embarking near a human fortress and mining their walls? Perhaps using that bug where you can cause the base of human buildings to give way by digging without them caring.

Beach Bum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 22, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

I'm sitting in a human town at night right now. Half the population is dead, my latest victim had every bone in his body broken and was vomiting uncontrollably before he died from massive bleeding caused by having his shoulder bashed open by my shield. His teeth and other various body parts are scattered all over the room. You would think you would wake up during that, but he never did.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 22, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

The bluestuff's all in lead bins
That may be adamantine there....
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:42 am »

I recently discovered Bownourishs, a human fortress made entirely out of gold. Can anyone find something stranger for one of those to be made of?

How about a Native Platinum wall?

Edit: That character just died 5 minutes later. Picked up some companions, and started out when I realized it was almost night, so I sleep just outside the walls and get ambushed. Both my companions fall but I kill everyone but the leader and chase her down. She procedes to completely destroy me and I start to run (Read: crawl while passing out every step) away. She runs AWAY from me. So I crawl into the keep and am almost to the actual keep when I start seeing fighting announcements. She has TURNED AROUND and is fighting her way through the still-asleep castle. She takes out 2 guys, stabs me some, takes out another guy right next to us, and then kills me. And I almost made it too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:35:04 am by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1731 on: January 23, 2011, 02:42:12 am »

I'm bashing brains in with a -bronze puzzle box- and taking nameds down...also buying stuff with sand...quests in my world are lame though.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1732 on: January 23, 2011, 04:12:57 am »

so my adventurer lost the ability to stand...

luckily i used genesis's reactions to create a crutch. and after that i go to kill a bandit camp with my 300 speed.

i managed to kill 2 of the bandit, and only the ringleader was left alive. He got very heavy wound, but he was still running away, shouting "I am Urist, prepare to die!", returning, taking a hit and everything all over again...

I choose to sleep just outside the camp... and i got an ambush... from the same ringleader

hoping i'll kill him now!

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1733 on: January 23, 2011, 08:01:26 am »

I found a bronze colosus' shrine and after several turns on "the shot glances off" and "you get knocked over" without taking any damage, I deside that I need a bigger puzzlebox to kill it.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 23, 2011, 08:29:47 am »

Blunt attacks don't work against colossi  :-\

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1735 on: January 23, 2011, 08:42:59 am »

what does?

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 23, 2011, 09:18:41 am »

A blunt weapon will work, if you smash their head in. You can break all their bones, then beat their heads in.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1737 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:58 am »

colossi not titans, or giant, or anything that has bones.

testing it says you cant do shit to a bronze colosus unless you are firing denser then silver stuff at them and 100% of used testers died...at Grand master lvl everything...arg.

Want to see whats happening to me put a human in silver gear up agienst a colosus.   Net wounds = 0 to both.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 23, 2011, 10:46:07 am »

I kill bronze colossi through indirect means. I like attacking its head, I like throwing great axes, I like throwing boulders, I like throwing *magma* (molten sand that's still hot); I like walking it to a murky pool, making it follow me in, getting out and not letting it learn swimming, and them waiting for night to fall >:D; I like lighting the forest around them after becoming fireproof, etc.

I like to wrestle first though, legendary +5 instant.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 23, 2011, 11:42:54 am »

All blunt attacks always glanced off in fortress mode, they weren't head attacks tho so i dunno about that. What will work is anything iron or better with edge attacks (spear,sword,axe,etc.). Just keep hacking away till the bits come off.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 1104