Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099200 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1545 on: December 26, 2010, 07:33:36 am »

This, Deon, is why i love Genesis
This was in the Arena, i was randomly battling Nord against Nord, then decided to use some magic.
This happened :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 26, 2010, 07:43:30 am »

Ouch.

Ouch again.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 26, 2010, 01:48:57 pm »

While clearing out a kobold cave me and my companion decide to give a bone carver some lip piercings :)

LunatictheInvincible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 26, 2010, 02:51:33 pm »

My current dwarf adventurer has had a major pride boost. After slaughtering 86 out of 93 kobolds in a cave and then doing normal adventurer quests, my dwarf and his human "companions" were sent to slay the third titan of the day, a mountain titan. In a previous battle, this axedwarf had a motor nerve in his left foot cut and as such was wielding a crutch in addition to his axe and shield. As such, we arrive at the mountain shrine and kill the titan in a lengthy battle (all melee companions perished, and I received no injuries whatsoever). As I am searching the shrine's loot, I find some coins from the single dwarf civ on this world in amongst the corpses of at least eight dwarves. Inspecting the coins for my legends mode collection, I discover that my adventurer is on the back of the silver coin! Hopefully the dwarves will put me on next year's gold coin after they learn of the four titans, ettin, dragon, hydra, and countless lesser notables. Also, I was forced to retire this adventurer when the warlord I was tasked to kill refused to show at his camp after several days of waiting and wandering around the local area slaying bandits and wolves.

Screenshot proof in spoiler to save space.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 26, 2010, 03:38:01 pm »

just to give a cliff note to myself on the Kogan saga.
so far it been almost an entire Month since Kogan wander the wilds and he might need a month of R&R.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 26, 2010, 05:30:09 pm »

I think I'm giving up on Adventure mode for awhile.  I started yet ANOTHER adventurer, do the usual proceedings, sneaking about, killing things with stones until I feel confident enough to take down my first bandit camp.  I kill the ENTIRE camp with nothing but the stones I carried with me except one person whose legs and arms were broken from my rocks and I decide "He's laying on the ground, unconscious.  I'll go bash his head in with my axe."  As soon as I walk up to him, he wakes up, somehow dodges my swing, latches onto my throat with his TEETH and proceeds to kill me by biting my throat out.  Yeah...
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 26, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »

I think I'm giving up on Adventure mode for awhile.  I started yet ANOTHER adventurer, do the usual proceedings, sneaking about, killing things with stones until I feel confident enough to take down my first bandit camp.  I kill the ENTIRE camp with nothing but the stones I carried with me except one person whose legs and arms were broken from my rocks and I decide "He's laying on the ground, unconscious.  I'll go bash his head in with my axe."  As soon as I walk up to him, he wakes up, somehow dodges my swing, latches onto my throat with his TEETH and proceeds to kill me by biting my throat out.  Yeah...
LOSING is FUN
Just think about the guy having his friends killed off by rocks and that he found the bugger who did it not only broke all his limbs he coming up for the kill/torture the fear of not moving and the fear of what you would do lead to him using his abs to roll past your attacks. Then with a final amount of effort lounge at your throat. Still you died but he's still immobile with all his friends dead loneliness plus lost abilities will creep in to the bandit and sooner or later he will wish for death, maybe at the hands of the next adventurer or from the bogeymen who will no doubt strike the lonely cripple.
The only human error from this is that you wanted to end is suffering up close than to just let the man bleed out or throw more items with a sharp weapon. well at least you learn something from that experience and won't attack someone sleeping up close unless you sure you can take them on awake.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 26, 2010, 09:46:52 pm »

LOSING is FUN
Just think about the guy having his friends killed off by rocks and that he found the bugger who did it not only broke all his limbs he coming up for the kill/torture the fear of not moving and the fear of what you would do lead to him using his abs to roll past your attacks. Then with a final amount of effort lounge at your throat. Still you died but he's still immobile with all his friends dead loneliness plus lost abilities will creep in to the bandit and sooner or later he will wish for death, maybe at the hands of the next adventurer or from the bogeymen who will no doubt strike the lonely cripple.
The only human error from this is that you wanted to end is suffering up close than to just let the man bleed out or throw more items with a sharp weapon. well at least you learn something from that experience and won't attack someone sleeping up close unless you sure you can take them on awake.

:)
Ill phrase a slightly different perspective.
Lying crippled on the ground, barely conscious, he waited, in pain, expecting death to come on swift wings.
As you approached, he saw his day coming too soon.
But, when you finally drew near, he came forth with a final rush of energy, sprung from the ground, and using his only functional limb tore open your throat, before falling back down, now in more pain.
As you thrashed about with your bludgeoning stone, he continued to try and crawl about...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 26, 2010, 10:29:08 pm »

My current dwarf adventurer has had a major pride boost. After slaughtering 86 out of 93 kobolds in a cave and then doing normal adventurer quests, my dwarf and his human "companions" were sent to slay the third titan of the day, a mountain titan. In a previous battle, this axedwarf had a motor nerve in his left foot cut and as such was wielding a crutch in addition to his axe and shield. As such, we arrive at the mountain shrine and kill the titan in a lengthy battle (all melee companions perished, and I received no injuries whatsoever). As I am searching the shrine's loot, I find some coins from the single dwarf civ on this world in amongst the corpses of at least eight dwarves. Inspecting the coins for my legends mode collection, I discover that my adventurer is on the back of the silver coin! Hopefully the dwarves will put me on next year's gold coin after they learn of the four titans, ettin, dragon, hydra, and countless lesser notables. Also, I was forced to retire this adventurer when the warlord I was tasked to kill refused to show at his camp after several days of waiting and wandering around the local area slaying bandits and wolves.

I saw 'The Bodices of Virginity' and thought to myself 'I'll fix that.'

Am I a terrible person now?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 27, 2010, 02:56:49 am »

I saw 'The Bodices of Virginity' and thought to myself 'I'll fix that.'

Am I a terrible person now?
No, im a terrible person for going into human towns, cutting a female childs breasts off, jamming my knife into her (you know what i mean), then strangling her into unconsciousness, breaking her feet, punching all her teeth out, then kicking her in the chest until she cant breathe properly and leaving like nothing happened.

*You saw nothing*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:44 am »

You are doing it wrong :). There is a reason there are weapons and armors. But yeah, the throwing is fun until it's fixed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 27, 2010, 04:23:31 am »

You are doing it wrong :). There is a reason there are weapons and armors. But yeah, the throwing is fun until it's fixed.
It's even better in genesis, because you can use *nord tooth hunting spear*s instead of rocks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »

started the second chapter of the Kogan saga as a Human black lass who died from extreme melting during her one man raid on her first bandits.
she soon was turn into a Night creature(some Troll bride?) and fled to a goblin dark tower.. or what toady made them, hidden underground forts you can't go in but can retire there.
I booted up legends and found out she was place on the second continent west of the one Kogan is and the (undead)fort I made for her, to top it off she separated by a large mass of water.
Story wise this means Uz CheerfulHalls won't know of Kogan and the bronze Quest during her walk of being a Creature of the Night and soon ruler of the west until I can figure out how to cross the map to the other side.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Though the major problem I might have to face is the whole Conquering lands thing. I wonder how one declare a section of land Conquered in Dwarf fortress?due to the lack of turning a adventurer into a Royal member of a Civ and or expanding or wiping out boundaries there no clear way I can pull off that she took over the lands and every one follows her...
Steal the royal members of the Civ and shove them into one spot. Then turn all the forts they stay in into Dark forts(aka empty planes) after I'm done. I could also drop Gobbo strike squads on top of forts and castles and change the site into a fort on top of a theirs as means of fully capturing.
edit wait never mind she dead for good when I retired her. shucks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:16:26 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 28, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »

My latest dead adventurer was killed because of Bogeymen.
He was running from them and stumbled upon an open space. Me being the idiot, decided to jump in. little did i know how deep it was. when i finally hit the ground, my neck, spinal cord, and legs immediately broke. I died because of bleed-out.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 28, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »

got JohnnyGhost the bogeyHuman to communicate with Atu InstightStick the vampire and now don't worry about Johnny running away from her. Now I need to worry about Johnny Animal instincts of running away from every thing and that they live on a every every small isle. 
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1104