Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099164 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1560 on: December 28, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »

got JohnnyGhost the bogeyHuman to communicate with Atu InstightStick the vampire and now don't worry about Johnny running away from her. Now I need to worry about Johnny Animal instincts of running away from every thing and that they live on a every every small isle.
How did you do this.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 29, 2010, 01:36:09 am »

Fel climbed up through the cave entrance to the dragons lair, his eyes brimming with fire. It was late in the evening and far to the west he could see the torches of a shrine. His soldiers stood behind him and tightened their hold on the weapons, blood drenching each of them. The band set off that morning, first heading off to a nearby town of Spicykindled to equip, Fel bought a copper pick and dual wielded it with his bronze pick, and bought some equipment, at noon they set off to the shrine, and Fel got a chance to use his picks against some wolves, slaughtering them with headshots and and piercing their hearts and lungs. Fel grew confident and soon his band of adventurers were singing songs with him on the way to the shrine.
When they arrived they were greeted to the towering bronze giant, he stomped to the party and Fel threw his axe at the colossus but the attack glanced away, in fact every one of his and his team mates strikes glaced away, and after almost five hours of nonstop battle Fel's party dropped to two members, the colossus still standing intact and ready to destroy. Fel was kicked by the bronze menace which broke his arm, and he was forced to flee with his tail between his legs with his two surviving companions. No songs were sung that day, and they barely managed to make it back to Echoedbottles before night fall.
"Oh my gosh Fel, what happened?!"
Kasmko shouted as Fel and his two warriors returned, bloody and broken. Fel collapsed on the ground and passed out for a couple moments before waking up, Fel looked at kasmko as she watched over him.
"I killed the dragon, but the colossus got the best of us, now it's down to us three, how do I defeat the colossus Kasmko, I must destroy it, I have to..."
Kasmko hushed Fel, and smiled.
"oh but you killed the dragon Fel! You have no idea how much you have helped The Humorous Union, and you have my thanks. The colossus can wait abit Fel, there are still other beasts to be slain, if you seek more tasks, we have been under siege by a titan, known as Rithlut Whiskerdawns,  far to the northwest by the upper barb, he menaces every part of our region and he must be dealt with! Truth be told I don't think anyone other than yourself would be able to accomplish this task, and I know you will see it done."
Fel nodded and Kasmko sent him off.

in short, fuck bronze colosus, is there any reason my BRONZE pick cannot pierce a bronze colossus?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:44:43 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 29, 2010, 05:11:28 am »

Fel climbed up through the cave entrance to the dragons lair, his eyes brimming with fire. It was late in the evening and far to the west he could see the torches of a shrine. His soldiers stood behind him and tightened their hold on the weapons, blood drenching each of them. The band set off that morning, first heading off to a nearby town of Spicykindled to equip, Fel bought a copper pick and dual wielded it with his bronze pick, and bought some equipment, at noon they set off to the shrine, and Fel got a chance to use his picks against some wolves, slaughtering them with headshots and and piercing their hearts and lungs. Fel grew confident and soon his band of adventurers were singing songs with him on the way to the shrine.
When they arrived they were greeted to the towering bronze giant, he stomped to the party and Fel threw his axe at the colossus but the attack glanced away, in fact every one of his and his team mates strikes glaced away, and after almost five hours of nonstop battle Fel's party dropped to two members, the colossus still standing intact and ready to destroy. Fel was kicked by the bronze menace which broke his arm, and he was forced to flee with his tail between his legs with his two surviving companions. No songs were sung that day, and they barely managed to make it back to Echoedbottles before night fall.
"Oh my gosh Fel, what happened?!"
Kasmko shouted as Fel and his two warriors returned, bloody and broken. Fel collapsed on the ground and passed out for a couple moments before waking up, Fel looked at kasmko as she watched over him.
"I killed the dragon, but the colossus got the best of us, now it's down to us three, how do I defeat the colossus Kasmko, I must destroy it, I have to..."
Kasmko hushed Fel, and smiled.
"oh but you killed the dragon Fel! You have no idea how much you have helped The Humorous Union, and you have my thanks. The colossus can wait abit Fel, there are still other beasts to be slain, if you seek more tasks, we have been under siege by a titan, known as Rithlut Whiskerdawns,  far to the northwest by the upper barb, he menaces every part of our region and he must be dealt with! Truth be told I don't think anyone other than yourself would be able to accomplish this task, and I know you will see it done."
Fel nodded and Kasmko sent him off.

in short, fuck bronze colosus, is there any reason my BRONZE pick cannot pierce a bronze colossus?
well that's like asking why can't human flesh cut a human and the answer to that is your aren't applying enough force to counter the equal stats of the material

got JohnnyGhost the bogeyHuman to communicate with Atu InstightStick the vampire and now don't worry about Johnny running away from her. Now I need to worry about Johnny Animal instincts of running away from every thing and that they live on a every every small isle.
How did you do this.
Dfusion updated so that you can perma recruit and perma swap bodies to any one and remove hostilities (though this only for creatures who never attack each other). though as fun as having a demon around the whole making friends with companions before they charge it really sucks. Though now I can recruit up to entire towns and travel with out fear of repeating the same recruitment.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 29, 2010, 11:01:36 pm »

My awesome swordsman has now exterminated every single hostile threat within an entire kingdom (it's gotten to the point where the lords are sending me halfway across the world to kill peaceful titans that have never killed anything) so I'm about to get stocked up on food and plenty of waterskins then track down a cave and head into the underworld. I don't intend to ever come out, and hopefully I'll reach the HFS and die fighting clowns.

That's completely unnecessary: hunger and thirst do not currently exist in Adventure Mode, just drowsiness. Which you solve by having lots of companions.

Knowing where you can sleep. In the underworld? That means in the most curlicue dead end corridor possible.

Has it been tested if that really matter? Now that sleep isn't just automatically hitting [.] 8000 times, and is a more abstracted process, your exact location might not be taken into account.

Actually, I'm not sure. I know it helps for re-hiding once you wake up, though. And it used to be a big deal way back when sleep worked differently. Of course, back then it always felt like all animals knew exactly where you were always.

Actually I did sleep in the underground recently. Biggest issue is that all your companions leave for some reason. I chalked it up to the game spawning them on the surface, but even after finding my way back I never saw them again.

I realize this is old, but I certainly feel this is important information and I can't find it on the wiki.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »

Goddammit, I tried having an adventurer that doesn't use stealth three times, and two of them I run into a bandit camp that's half archers while the other I got killed by a bowman standing on a hill where I can never tell if it he can see me or not.

Well, it seems fourth time is the charm: latest dude soloed a night creature husband (four slashes, three maimings and a decapitation) and managed a camp (though I left halfway through the first time because he suddenly got drowsy). Also, my inventory somehow now includes "water covering (liver)".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:55:17 am by Knigel »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 31, 2010, 03:10:32 am »

well that means you've been punctured and in water.

well, I just attacked the only human settlement on the map (!) and am choking them Crysis-dude-style and then bashing their head. then I throw their corpse at other dudes. I currently have a collection of boning and carving knives  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Riptendo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 31, 2010, 11:27:17 am »

I just wrestled a cougar to death in a lake that it had knocked me into. But now I can't get out!! My human's going to drown D:

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 31, 2010, 11:32:16 am »

Without even fighting anything, started a new adventurer and got some prisoners just held up in stores to join my NOBLE CAUSE. They were both two years old, and killed unceremoniously in the inevitably kill-the-bandit quest. I don't care if you all are horrible monsters, or if it's just a bunch of 0's and 1's, that was pretty sad.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 31, 2010, 12:08:01 pm »

When fighting a bowman she/he (I didn't look up which) managed to rip out a back tooth, and do nothing else. That's some fancy shootin'!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 31, 2010, 12:53:11 pm »

well playing as a beast master (tamer of beast and companions are wild animals) got my self a gel ooze, polar bear and a mammoth to follow me using Dfusion. the bad news is that the mammoth isn't a fighter, the polar bear fighting the ooze and I'm pretty sure if I get close to any of them they will maul my steel dwarf.
other than that they took down two black bears.

edit:Well had to cross a ocean and lost all those creatures no big pick up two ground hogs and two blackbears. They took down a Jaguar and I decided to let them feast on the cat, I swap over to them and...
Found out they follow a deity. I pick up two RELIGOBEARS!
Deon mod really messed up when you got Black bears that go to Black Bear church and sing Black Bear Gospels about their Black Bear Jesus.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:09:32 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 31, 2010, 06:59:54 pm »

After the fun times that were bandit camps, I finally got directed to the local castle for a REAL MAN's quest, which turned out to be slaying a mountain titan that had killed one person. After my 3-day trek with my war party of 20 swordsmen, I finally arrived at the titan's shrine, ready for the battle of all battles that would determine the fate of the universe!

The Peasant stabs the Mountain Titan in the body, breaking away most of the tissue!
Mountain Titan has been struck down.

The ultimate fight that would spell doom for the entire world of my Dwarf Fortress game if I lost, and the mountain titan fell to some peasant's kitchen knife. If it died from a single stab from some run-of-the-mill human peasant, how did it even manage to KILL someone?
(The body weighed <1 Urist, and was unbutcherable in the sense that it didn't even show up on the butcher list.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:01:50 pm by Fluid »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 31, 2010, 07:09:44 pm »

After the fun times that were bandit camps, I finally got directed to the local castle for a REAL MAN's quest, which turned out to be slaying a mountain titan that had killed one person. After my 3-day trek with my war party of 20 swordsmen, I finally arrived at the titan's shrine, ready for the battle of all battles that would determine the fate of the universe!

The Peasant stabs the Mountain Titan in the body, breaking away most of the tissue!

The ultimate fight that would spell doom for the entire world of my Dwarf Fortress game
if I lost, and the mountain titan fell to some peasant's kitchen knife. If it died from a single stab from some run-of-the-mill human peasant, how did it even manage to KILL someone?
(The body weighed <1 Urist, and was unbutcherable in the sense that it didn't even show up on the butcher list.)
I really can't see that happen unless your a over power adventurer which then dying would buff it stats majorly.
Though I guess it kill someone by accident and the town's men and the royals hold a Grudge.

edit: found the fortress under the water and every one there was barely alive... sadly when I just drain the water in the fort indoor house the place froze. I'm not even playing with a Dwarf trap with other dwarfs in a frozen death trap I made for myself. FUN!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:23:57 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 01, 2011, 08:29:00 am »

Since world gen, my adventurers have been slaughtering the wives of the Lumbering Man... like twenty of them... whatever he is, he sure gets around.

My latest Dwarven Hero, Litast Rimknives the Mighty Clashes of Persuasion is promising, so I'll probably take him into Goblin lands to try and lure some wearable armour later... for now he's got three hunt and kill quests in the North... it's on the border of the Dwarven kingdoms, so you'd think there would some small armour laying around the camps, but no luck so far.  :-\

Edit: Ooh, update!

Finally got a quest from Lady Ostsi Hazeldark of the Hills of Trenches to kill the Lumbering man himself... and it was utterly anticlimatic. The vile beast charged a pikeman and was promptly hacked in half by the Mighty Clashes of Persuasion. Didn't even get a look at him. :(

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:50:32 am by Dyret »

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 01, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »

The ultimate fight that would spell doom for the entire world of my Dwarf Fortress game if I lost, and the mountain titan fell to some peasant's kitchen knife. If it died from a single stab from some run-of-the-mill human peasant, how did it even manage to KILL someone?

Titans sometimes have bodies made of material which makes them fall apart on the slightest contact.

Given the weight of the carcass (I think those units are just kilograms, not something with a unique scale like temperature) it was probably mostly if not entirely liquid.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 01, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »

Noob Painfuldeaths the Cold Haze was a mighty warrior of renown.  He was slayer of the Dragon Salore Jadewealth the Luxurious Fortune.  A local lord sent him on another dragon slaying mission with his horde of followers.  Upon arriving, Noob fearlessly charged through the flames at the Dragon Nelare Sparksizzled the Bejeweled Tax.  He then had his leg and head bit off.

Many months later the renowned thief/killer/warrior Clean Whimsoap the Bent Scar of Patterns arrived at the Dargon's lair to find most of Noob's followers sitting near the edge.  He move down into the Dragon's Den only to find the Dragon lying dead in front of a lasher that had no legs. This lasher was pale from the loss of blood but he had survived.  He introduced himself as Rodoh Alesclan the Limb of Running.
I play games of games inside games in my head.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1104