Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099275 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1425 on: December 07, 2010, 04:12:08 pm »

Trying to play 4 armed snakemen. Realized they have innate swimming, so I dump the entire set of hero level points into swordfighting.
...and I get 3 shields!
Unfortunately, snakemen seem a little on the slow side. I always seem to get arrows stuck in my scales, and have no way of removing them. Oh, wait. They're out now, because the arm got cut off. Aaaand she's dead.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:40 pm »

Trying to play 4 armed snakemen. Realized they have innate swimming, so I dump the entire set of hero level points into swordfighting.
...and I get 3 shields!
Unfortunately, snakemen seem a little on the slow side. I always seem to get arrows stuck in my scales, and have no way of removing them. Oh, wait. They're out now, because the arm got cut off. Aaaand she's dead.
Dwarf Fortress: Where Snake Men cut their arms off to remove arrows.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1427 on: December 07, 2010, 06:20:08 pm »

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Well now, of course you're going to get hit (and thus killed) if you don't put anything into dodging/blocking/armor.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:20 pm »

I just traded my silver two-handed sword for an iron one with the image of a cat being eaten by a couger on it.  :D

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 07, 2010, 10:58:23 pm »

Got sent on a quest to kill a marsh titan with deadly spittle, blocked it's spittle, rushed it. Turn 1:

CaveIn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 08, 2010, 12:19:26 am »

What can I say, one too many ambushes gets to you... Notice he's still conscious :P
I can see my hammer dwarf standing next to a beat bloody elf asking :"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"....."What do you mean you don't know?!" *BANG there goes another rib*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 08, 2010, 03:25:59 am »

Well now, of course you're going to get hit (and thus killed) if you don't put anything into dodging/blocking/armor.

Harly helpful. I know that, but they weren't hurting her much (stuck in the scales of her fingers), I just couldn't pull them out! They weren't in the "remove" or "drop" lists, though they were in the "inventory" one.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 08, 2010, 03:27:10 am »

Were you using Shift - I ?
*Hugs*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 08, 2010, 03:30:45 am »

Were you using Shift - I ?
Ah! of course, "interact". Duh. Thanks! I'll try that next time.
[/quote]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1434 on: December 08, 2010, 05:40:09 am »

Just watch your tail; it's like a giant penis that you walk on. Get the toughest armor for that asap.
Besides a few tail-related deaths, my current snakeman is completely unscathed save a tiny curving scar from an arrow strike to his back.
4-arm possibilities-
2 1-handers/2shields
1 1-hander/3shields
1 halberd/2shields
1bow/1(1-hander)/1shield
2 halberds
4 1-handers
4 shields (if yous a bitch)
4 halberds (if you's a hard mofo)
+innate swimming
+venom
fuckyeah.jpg
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 08, 2010, 09:18:31 am »

I know that, but they weren't hurting her much (stuck in the scales of her fingers), I just couldn't pull them out! They weren't in the "remove" or "drop" lists, though they were in the "inventory" one.

If they're stuck in her fingers, them maybe you need a free grasp from another hand.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:13 am »

I know that, but they weren't hurting her much (stuck in the scales of her fingers), I just couldn't pull them out! They weren't in the "remove" or "drop" lists, though they were in the "inventory" one.

If they're stuck in her fingers, them maybe you need a free grasp from another hand.

Naw, I was just forgetting t he "Interact" menu. Since there's very little it actually does right now.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 08, 2010, 12:45:08 pm »

Naw, I was just forgetting t he "Interact" menu. Since there's very little it actually does right now.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought your last post was saying that didn't work.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 08, 2010, 04:07:40 pm »

Last game was quite interesting.
Picked up two companions, headed west. Ran across a random camp, entered it. Ran into a mess load of goblins. me and the bowman got knocked down a hill, the hammerman got jumped on by everything. It took them so damn long to kill her, god knows they made a mess out of her first - just about everything was slashed up and cut up before they decapitated her.
My foot got smashed and I crawled away while the bowman stood his ground and shot, through the head, the goblin who had killed the hammerman. Then he was impaled on a spear and bled to death.

I escaped and crawled back to a fortress.

Heal a bit until I can stand up again. get some new allies, a crossbow and a lasher. The lasher turned into a human shield, that poor bastard spent the entire game getting smashed around and doing very little in return seeing how he lost his whip early on and had to survive by using a shield.
(Is there any way to give your companions weaponry?)

Before that the fortress we were at was attacked by boogeymen who slaughtered most of the inhabitants. I managed to escape to safety and they went away. I thought the lasher and crossbowmen were gone but they showed up later, both bruised all over, the lasher with a broken nose, and both retching and falling unconscious every now and then. Wait until they heal up, go back collect all the spilt stuff.

Head back out towards a lair. Lasher gets beaten up pretty badly by the troll consort and loses his whip. I get behind it and decapitate it and then then we go back. Lasher is throwing up all over the place after getting punched in the stomach hard enough to knock him over.

Go back to fort, spread the news, get a maceman. Head out south towards another lair. On the way there we come across a cave. Exlore the cave, find a draltha. I doge the first attack and then the lasher corners it and funnels it into a hallway. He gets bitten all to hell, kicked around the place, gets a tooth knocked out and then has his left arm bitten off at the elbow before he gets knocked down. At this point I jump in.

I attack once. Miss.
Draltha retaliates with a kick. It shatters my skull. Dead.

Damn that was sudden.
I do believe that the lasher was still alive and kicking.

He was a tough motherfucker.

Also, looking at the legends: I killed one consort and I was loved for heroism in about thirty or more places. Hilarious! The lasher took almost all of my beatings!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »

I just trekked across a mountain for days to go kill a forgotten beast. It was easy, but time consuming.

Oh, guys, meet Ally Burdenlutes the Dire Wolf, my new leather cloak.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 1104