Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099203 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1395 on: December 05, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »

Okay how do you wrestle? I can't figure it out. I can only punch/scratch/kick/bite things.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 05, 2010, 10:13:55 pm »

Okay how do you wrestle? I can't figure it out. I can only punch/scratch/kick/bite things.

Press Shift+A, then enter, then the letter of the enemy you want to wrestle.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 05, 2010, 10:15:56 pm »

Press Shift+A, then enter, then the letter of the enemy you want to wrestle.

Oh, okay, I was pressing enter after I selected an enemy. In my defense, that should totally still switch to wrestling.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 05, 2010, 10:27:23 pm »

Do clowns actually exist? I keep hearing about them, but they don't seem to be on the wiki...

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:00 pm »

Do clowns actually exist? I keep hearing about them, but they don't seem to be on the wiki...

"Clowns" is the spoiler-friendly term for
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 05, 2010, 10:30:14 pm »

Oh... disappointing :<

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 05, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »

Tragically you can't actually fight endless hordes of circus clowns in an epic battle unless you mod them in.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 05, 2010, 10:35:57 pm »

Oh yeah, they're very rare.

Also, I just killed a man with a live cardinal. Do you doubt the existence of clowns in a world where I can kill a man with a live cardinal?

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 05, 2010, 11:37:33 pm »

HNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I hate you all.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 05, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »

My awesome swordsman has now exterminated every single hostile threat within an entire kingdom (it's gotten to the point where the lords are sending me halfway across the world to kill peaceful titans that have never killed anything) so I'm about to get stocked up on food and plenty of waterskins then track down a cave and head into the underworld. I don't intend to ever come out, and hopefully I'll reach the HFS and die fighting clowns.

That's completely unnecessary: hunger and thirst do not currently exist in Adventure Mode, just drowsiness. Which you solve by having lots of companions.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:46 am »

I revisited 40d for the hell of it. Flashbacks.

I remember simming up rivers faster than the fish themselves, hacking indescriminately and turning the river red for miles, before climbing out of the river, soaked in fish blood and grinning madly. I remember the one time I managed to swim up a waterfall. I remember... everything. And I miss it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 06, 2010, 12:13:58 am »

My awesome swordsman has now exterminated every single hostile threat within an entire kingdom (it's gotten to the point where the lords are sending me halfway across the world to kill peaceful titans that have never killed anything) so I'm about to get stocked up on food and plenty of waterskins then track down a cave and head into the underworld. I don't intend to ever come out, and hopefully I'll reach the HFS and die fighting clowns.

That's completely unnecessary: hunger and thirst do not currently exist in Adventure Mode, just drowsiness. Which you solve by having lots of companions.

Knowing where you can sleep. In the underworld? That means in the most curlicue dead end corridor possible.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2010, 01:21:02 am »

Knowing where you can sleep. In the underworld? That means in the most curlicue dead end corridor possible.

Has it been tested if that really matter? Now that sleep isn't just automatically hitting [.] 8000 times, and is a more abstracted process, your exact location might not be taken into account.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 06, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

Has it been tested if that really matter? Now that sleep isn't just automatically hitting [.] 8000 times, and is a more abstracted process, your exact location might not be taken into account.

Actually, I'm not sure. I know it helps for re-hiding once you wake up, though. And it used to be a big deal way back when sleep worked differently. Of course, back then it always felt like all animals knew exactly where you were always.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1409 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:40 am »

ARGH, the happenstance of spontaneous melting seems to be a recurring issue in dragon lairs. Genesis mod, this time it was with a damn wyvern; about 30 turns after the battle ended, (after butchering the corpse, making items, and then moving on to another part of the lair), my snakeman's hand randomly started to melt. I removed everything from it, and checking the logs came up empty. Why the hell does this keep happening?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1104