Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099270 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1410 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:20 am »

ARGH, the happenstance of spontaneous melting seems to be a recurring issue in dragon lairs. Genesis mod, this time it was with a damn wyvern; about 30 turns after the battle ended, (after butchering the corpse, making items, and then moving on to another part of the lair), my snakeman's hand randomly started to melt. I removed everything from it, and checking the logs came up empty. Why the hell does this keep happening?
Hey, your lucky its just the hand. You still have another perfectly good one - If you took it to a foot, you wouldnt be able to move properly ever again. If you took it to the head, well, bad things.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1411 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:44 am »

Hey, your lucky its just the hand. You still have another perfectly good one - If you took it to a foot, you wouldnt be able to move properly ever again. If you took it to the head, well, bad things.
Actually, I have three others, >snakeman<. Still, UNACCEPTABLE. From now on I'm checking everything for caustic coatings.

-edit
strange, I just went ahead and had my character lick a smear of acid, and nothing negative happened.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:51:36 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:50 am »

Actually, I have three others, >snakeman<. Still, UNACCEPTABLE. From now on I'm checking everything for caustic coatings.
It would be annoying, yes - But then, my current character has a completely broken left hand, right lower leg and right foot, is blind and has three fractured ribs... But then, i can live with it.

Yes, be careful around hazardous materials
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:16 pm »

Actually, with the head, if you survive the initial trauma you will be just fine.

ARGH, the happenstance of spontaneous melting seems to be a recurring issue in dragon lairs. Genesis mod, this time it was with a damn wyvern; about 30 turns after the battle ended, (after butchering the corpse, making items, and then moving on to another part of the lair), my snakeman's hand randomly started to melt. I removed everything from it, and checking the logs came up empty. Why the hell does this keep happening?
It keeps happening because breath weapons can leave residue on things. Note: "on things" can include "on you", and "on the floor you're trying to cross"
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Huw_Dawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:22 pm »

I'm currently building a mountain of rope reed mittens and other assorted junk. Who knew that it's a bad idea to rop everything you kill of their clothing? :P

Adventure mode is so much fun! :D I just wish Toady would spend a few weeks coding in a good inventory system.
Urist takes over shop
Materials he has not
Pants now adorn halls

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »

Damn my pick wielding hero is dead, killed by his own overconfidence. Lord told me to slay a forest titan 2 days travel away, but neglected to tell me that a huge mountain range was in the way of its lair and the castle increasing the time taken rather rapidly. On the way ambushed by a large group of kolbolds, beaten back with around 6 casualities. Saw a lone kobold swordsman scramble up a z-level across the river and decided to chase after it so I could fast travel quickly before away before some compainions bled out.

Upon crossing the river and climbing up the hill I found the "lone" swordsman accompanied by around 5 bowmen, 2 other swordsmen, a spearman and a wrestler who were just out of my sight! :o I ran, killing the spearman and wrestler but one arrow found its way through my copper cap and masterwork iron helm and killed me instantly.

And I only got him to competent miner skill... :(

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1416 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54:07 pm »

Roll snakeman, 1-4 shields, venomous bite, natural swimmer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just watch your tail though; it's like a giant penis that you walk with.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:00:21 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1417 on: December 06, 2010, 09:01:50 pm »

My saltwater-crocodile-man adventurer exhausted all the local foes, so I decided to forge out into the wilderness to look for adventure.  After several days of travel I was ambushed in the middle of the night by bogeymen.  I appeared in a dry pond which I could not escape from.  The bogeymen couldn't path to me, and so never came up to the edge of the pond where I could escape them.  Complete unbreakable stalemate.  I couldn't even go to sleep, and declined to sit there pressing '.' ten thousand times to get the dawn to appear.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1418 on: December 06, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »

My saltwater-crocodile-man adventurer exhausted all the local foes, so I decided to forge out into the wilderness to look for adventure.  After several days of travel I was ambushed in the middle of the night by bogeymen.  I appeared in a dry pond which I could not escape from.  The bogeymen couldn't path to me, and so never came up to the edge of the pond where I could escape them.  Complete unbreakable stalemate.  I couldn't even go to sleep, and declined to sit there pressing '.' ten thousand times to get the dawn to appear.
Did you try throwing mud at it?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1419 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:44 pm »

None of the bogeymen even came close enough for me to see them.  Just cackling all around, and me stuck in a dry pond.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:12 pm »

None of the bogeymen even came close enough for me to see them.  Just cackling all around, and me stuck in a dry pond.

If you couldn't see any of them, couldn't you have hid, then fast-traveled?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 07, 2010, 10:44:25 am »

If you couldn't see any of them, couldn't you have hid, then fast-traveled?

You don't see them but they might see you.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 07, 2010, 11:31:14 am »

I have never seen a game so desperate to kill me.

Set out as a peasant adventurer. Got two companions and a quest to go kill a beast. On the way there we were attacked by bandits. Knowing that my previous encounters with bandits have been very very bad I ran. Me and one guy escaped. Back to town. rest up, back to the fortress, I apparently left the other companion back in town because he's no longer with me. Talk to some guys, apparently I've done something noteworthy, so I tell the people all about this epic running away I did...

Now I can recruit more people, and I get myself four more others. We go and hunt down this beast, find it lair, kick the crap out of it.  On the way back we're attacked by a group of goblins. Again - my experiences with goblins have been bad. As in - me and a guy attacked one and the single goblin butchered the both of us without batting an eyelid. I run. One goblin won't let me go, so I figure i might as well go down in a fight.

I win the fight. I get a silver rapier for my efforts. As the goblin limps off I head back to see if anyone survived. Nothing. So I figure It's going to get dark soon and I'm miles away from the nearest town. I head back to he lair, alone, sack out there. In the morning I head out to the town to the south, there's a fortress nearby.

I'm attacked by bandits. Run like a mofo. Escape.
Attacked by wolves. Lot's of them. Run like a mofo, dispatch the three that won't go away.
Head back to town. Just north of the town it gets dark and I'm killed by Boogeyman.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 07, 2010, 12:08:42 pm »

Rapier? What mod are you playing?

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:40 pm »