Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099576 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #960 on: November 14, 2010, 03:17:33 pm »

Punched a GDS to death bare-handed after it stole my crossbow.
Fast travel. . . . Doop de do-. . .
GIANT DESERT SCORPIONS!
FFFUUUUU. . .
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 14, 2010, 03:31:17 pm »

AHAHAH my peasant managed to chop that other giant scorpion's stinger then run away from those two remaining scorpions (he killed one of em that should be enough for a scared peasant) with bruises everywhere but no serious wound and half his clothes missing he ran away from desert. He luckily walked two days to reach a town without encountering a single boogeyman, the gods must have blessed him or something. He now slept and partied 24 hours in town and headed for a nearby castle to make new friends for an adventure hell yah

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 14, 2010, 05:28:55 pm »

Seeing some Good plains I, as Kozi Growerclear the Harsh Strangulation, decide to organize a unicorn hunting trip. It goes bad as soon as we meet the unicorns. I'm bashing a unicorn in the head, thinking I got this, when suddenly I'm on the ground gored in three places. The unicorn is gone, two of my companions are dead, and the last one is fighting an alligator.
I admit defeat and head home with the remaining guy, a footless swordswoman who's somehow managed to survive all my other fail expeditions. On the way I decide to take a nap, figuring the bogeymen will leave us alone.
They did, but a Horned Troll Spouse Wife Thing didn't. She kills my companion while I'm still blinking the sleep out of my eyes and we proceed to have a retarded dodge fight. Apparently she sucks at aiming because she never lands a blow, but I can't hit her either. Eventually I get lucky and shatter her spine, reducing her to pushing. The next 30 rounds of combat consists of her pushing me (strangely enough she's suddenly very accurate) and me trying to bash her head in.
This is going nowhere so I try strangling. I guess her lungs are just for show because there's no effect. Then I try stabbing with my dagger and 20 more rounds go by. I'm now a Grand Master Fighter.
Finally I remember that my companion had a sword and I use it to hack her arms off. She bleeds to death almost instantly.
Yay. Only now it's night and my buddy is lying there with a copper carving knife sized hole in her skull.

"You are surrounded by incessant cackling"

Que a night of running. I actually manage to hit some of them for once and after an epic chase my battered adventurer collapses in the doorway of a crowded peasant hut as the cackling fades away.
It's gonna be a while before I get back to dwarf mode.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:16 pm »

Currently, I am creating heroes from all over the world, bent on destroying on evil creatures and bandits from the world. So far I have accomplished this in two 'countries' with only one hero. I am gonna make them all meet up and become a super awesome army in the end, and conquer EVERYTHINGGGGGG~

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 14, 2010, 05:38:29 pm »

THa's what retire as a peasant is for?

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 14, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »

Yep. It is.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 14, 2010, 05:40:22 pm »

So i can go in atown where my retired demigod is  on my peasant and be all hey man wanna do what you did in the past and come fight evil?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #967 on: November 14, 2010, 07:08:54 pm »

So i can go in atown where my retired demigod is  on my peasant and be all hey man wanna do what you did in the past and come fight evil?

This is relevant to my interests.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 14, 2010, 07:26:38 pm »

Okay, ive been going a while. Slaying outlaws.

Finally got given a quest from the lady within the castle, killed that outlaw aswell. So now I have been sent after a troll, quite a big step up I thought. So do my men most likely.

Ill keep you posted! Edit: What an anticlimax, that's one dead troll
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:31:31 pm by Mudcrab »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #969 on: November 14, 2010, 07:50:24 pm »

I just discovered how deadly a finely-crafted/decorated bronze pick is.
Where my swords, axes, halberds, hammers, knives, all of them, fail to kill a giant with multiple, direct blows to the head;
The Pick finishes her in one move.
It severs parts.
It crushes skulls.
It punctures armor.
It.
Is.
God.
I will make it this adventurer's life's work to become legendary with this weapon of mass destruction, and it will be a very, very long life indeed.
I forgot to mention, it uses the mining skill, which is epic.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:52:10 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »

Hello i have a newbie question, i have a large region with about 520 years of history and i been exploring for like 45 minutes uber far from towns and in odd places but in that huge amount of time i only had 3 lames encounters. Is there any way i can have more encounters other than accepting quests to kill stuff?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #971 on: November 14, 2010, 07:56:11 pm »

Do the quests. You'll get items faster that way, and currency by dropping off your spoils. Just be careful what you wish for; the quests can be a handful as you get more skilled/known.

Otherwise you'll wander around until you stumble upon caves and such, and those are bound to have tougher enemies. Also watch out for ambushes, they'll kill you right quick.
Badges of honor

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »

Thanks and it must be hard to find a cave or something i been exploring forever and found none, but the map is so giant i rub my eyes

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 14, 2010, 08:25:42 pm »

Genned up another lasher and went hunting with my merry band of first two, then three, then five more lashers. The reasons for party capacity increases being two animal quests, I wasn't too overjoyed when I heard that the next quest will be about downing bandits, but it went surprisingly smoothly, possibly thanks to one of the lashers getting focused by a goblin ambush earlier and bleeding out while the party chased down and finished everyone, and thus giving up his decorated bronze helm and breasplate to my adventurer. Cleared the camp with surprising ease, but the real !!fun!! came on the way back - a large ambush of axegoblins and bowgoblins, with the odd bowman and maceman. That ambush saw four out of six party members brutally slaughtered - one was shot in the head, one was dismembered, one bled out in the fray and one held out right until I finished talking to the goblin leader properly and came to help him, mostly thanks to his decorated bronze helm - a twin of the aforementioned one - deflecting a fuckton of coup de grace attempts by goblins; he just bled out right as I approached his attackers. The other lasher got heavily wounded around the beginning of the fight and kept passing out, so wasn't of much help. Regardless, I whooped the last remaining bowgoblin's arse pretty quick and disabled an axegoblin and the remaining two and a maceman turned their attention from another poor lasher that they killed around the same time to me. One of the goblins lopped the adventurer's left arm off, but luckily he was multi-wielding about 10 weapons, three of them being lashes and scourges, so he didn't lose any combat potential. They also damaged his leg much less severely, but he couldn't stand after that. He bashed their heads in one by one in about four turns after that and, after gathering his fallen comrades and all the loot, made the journey back to the town.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:24 pm »

My appropriately named dwarven demi-god Urist WorthyStandards managed to wipe out no less than five goblin gangs, slay a mate of some gloom horror, or whatever that anorexic cowering in a small cave was, and finally, when being worshiped as a hero and savior far and near, he managed to assemble a sizable party of 15 men-at-arms, and fulfilled a quest of a local noble to slay 1000 years old hydra. To be honest, Urist did not charge the beast as a valiant example of bravery, no, his health was not what it used to be after losing the ability to use his left hand, so he let his fresh recruits the privilege of the front line. After the beast mangled a few of his over-eager henchmen, it was already menacing with a forest of crossbow bolts. One lucky shot severed its spine, and after the beast lost its ability to retaliate, Urist, observed the combat from a safe distance, stopped pillaging the riches of the hydra's lair, and began lashing the abomination with his custom-made silver whip, decorated by pictures of narrow crests, cave crocodiles and coal necklaces. Worthy standards finally prevailed, but when the cheering party of the surviving heroes started their journey back to the noble's fortress, already picturing themselves as wealthy and respected members of the local society, they were suddenly ambushed by a goblin patrol from Spiraling Jackals. The patrol killed Urist and most of his companions, and the news about their glorious victory never reached the towns and hamlets of the Balanced Steppes. What an anticlimax.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:37:59 pm by Kamamura »
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 1104