Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099469 times)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #930 on: November 14, 2010, 12:41:43 am »

At night, the hunter became the hunted... my character awoke to a hideous night creature's groom attacking it, a monster he had set out to slay. I think I made a tactical error during the melee when I set the tree next to my adventuring partner on fire... not sure whether the monster got him or the fire, but next thing I knew the monster was mauling my character. GG.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #931 on: November 14, 2010, 02:06:30 am »

Well, I recruited a small army of 11 swordsman and axeman and rushed towards a lair, on the way there, we had to stop in the middle of nowhere to sleep. We got ambushed by a huge group of bandits, around 20. Half my group was killed and I got my left arm looped off, after the ambush was over, me and my 5 other comrades continued our journey to south. Then we got ambushed again...a group of mastodons ambushed us, provoking chaos, in the charge I got my other arm smashed and my brain bruised along other mortal wounds.

Shortly after,I was destroyed in the middle of the mastodon group.

I died with the respect of over 20 groups
Mastodons? Hehe, it means you're another one who plays the mod. Not many people reply in the thread, but seeing that it's useful is a good charge to continue.

Genesis mod is the best mod :D

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 14, 2010, 02:20:32 am »

Mastodons? Hehe, it means you're another one who plays the mod. Not many people reply in the thread, but seeing that it's useful is a good charge to continue.

Genesis mod is the best mod :D

Agreed. I'm waiting for the size issues to get sorted out before I go back to it, though. Then lookout world Dragon Raptors! I will be the deadly Tickler! Wielding the improbably heavy feathers of a dragon raptor, dressed in all-dragon-raptor clothes!

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 14, 2010, 03:04:25 am »

Decided to try out a crossbow that I obtained from a dwarf bandit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jelly

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 14, 2010, 03:24:30 am »

Well, I recruited a small army of 11 swordsman and axeman and rushed towards a lair, on the way there, we had to stop in the middle of nowhere to sleep. We got ambushed by a huge group of bandits, around 20. Half my group was killed and I got my left arm looped off, after the ambush was over, me and my 5 other comrades continued our journey to south. Then we got ambushed again...a group of mastodons ambushed us, provoking chaos, in the charge I got my other arm smashed and my brain bruised along other mortal wounds.

Shortly after,I was destroyed in the middle of the mastodon group.

I died with the respect of over 20 groups
Actually, I think there is something to this. While sleeping in haunted forests for days on end with about 5 allies, I rarely got attacked outside a few harpies. My first day out with 12 guys, I wake up in the middle of the night surrounded by bandits, and none of my group members woke up before I died.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 14, 2010, 03:57:35 am »

Quesa Necrowings has been forced to fight her infection (fingernail) by drinking the pus from her open wound...

ew.

Also, Going to sleep, 3 caverns down in the middle of nowhere, and Quesa wakes up on the surface, in the snow.
At least she has 2 ogre ears to prove it wasn't all a fever dream.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 14, 2010, 04:01:19 am »

my peasant is hunting, combing cloth, making dresses and leather armor for the town. I've just bought my first armor piece!

gosh, I love mod  :P.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 14, 2010, 04:04:35 am »

How do i make dresses and clothes? can you teach me please

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 14, 2010, 04:18:57 am »

My latest adventurer chopped several bogeymen in half and slaughtered a kobold ambush by biting them in the throat and shaking them around.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 14, 2010, 04:26:21 am »

My race is a little overpowered; 100k size and plenty of [NOx] tags really will make you nigh invincible. I laid down completely naked and unarmed in the middle of an angry mob and just wouldn't die. Everything was yellow, and I was bleeding profusely almost all the time. I inevitably had to starve to death in order to commit suicide.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 14, 2010, 04:47:15 am »

How do i make dresses and clothes? can you teach me please

this mod:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66359.msg1575893#msg1575893

(interface is a mess as it is the 'x' - crafting interface abused beyond its limit)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:40 am »

What have I been doing? This.

This. What's sick is this is just a simple human bandit captain. I've had night creatures ect... go down without half this much abuse. There's barely anything left of her to beat on!

And then just went through three of her lackeys with opportunity decaps and head slashing :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:40:14 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 14, 2010, 05:57:11 am »

Therset Legenddawn the Wealth of Tufts, my spear-wielding adventurer, is a bit of an anomaly: he lost the use of his shield hand in his very first quest, but has since gone on to slay countless beasts, night-creatures, bandits, an ettin, and even a cave dragon, surviving without the benefit of his shield, something which I remember used to be impossible in any earlier version. He has high agility, but doesn't even have a very great dodging skill—still sitting at Competent. Nor does he hide behind an army of countless henchmen; the only traveling companion he has ever had is his right-hand man, the maceman Ibu Lizardyor the Dim Oracles of Venerating, whom Therset picked up at Stoppeddots, a backcountry fortress near his hometown of Outragecups. (Ibu has acquired quite a history of badassity in his own right. Once I could swear some bandits gave him red wounds in the lungs and legs, but just a few hours of sleep and not a single trace of wounds were left on his body, not even scars. That's probably a bug, but I'd rather chalk it up to superhuman recuperation.)

Therset and Ibu are now known as legendary heroes throughout the many kingdoms and races of the Planes of Dawning. But now they have been tasked to face their greatest ever foe: Nici Parchedflare the Jade Spark of Brands, a dragon who since the dawn of time has been terrorizing the Nations of Surprise. The dragon is unique among Therset's previous enemies in that it breathes fire. Right now I'm a little worried for Therset, who can't fight and use a shield at the same time. I haven't played enough to know whether you can dodge through dragonfire or otherwise survive it at all without using a shield; do you guys have any experience in this matter?

tl;dr: The new Adventure Mode is fucking amazing.

Edit: Went and fought the dragon anyway. In Therset's second round of combat, he had a good shot at its head; I took it, and the great dragon lay dead in front of the man. It fell before it could breathe a single flurry of firebreath, and I'm left wondering if dragons still even have firebreath in this version.  :o  Therset's companion Ibu is not quite so lucky, as his left foot was bitten clean off by the dragon before I could finish it off. Hopefully he doesn't bleed to death before we get out of here; I've grown quite attached to the old bastard.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:25:35 am by Hummingbird »
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Benata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 14, 2010, 06:12:12 am »

I have killed, many. Today is the day I had a sleep to the dawn. I woke up and headed to Town for butchering more people. I went into the nearest house. There were 9 people in there, one of them was a ranger. 8 got out and tried to fend me off their home. After some fierce attacks of their, which was really easy for me. They were all suffocating outside their house few steps away. Most of them unconscious. I am sure they will die, because I have seen hundreds die in that way. As I got into the house the ranger had a steel bolt casted on me, however the terrifying cries outside made him clumsy enough to miss the shot. I hastily jumped onto him and bashed his hands, he didn't lose the control of crossbow but he was having trouble using it. I wanted to gouge his eyes out, so I dropped my kite shield and steel spear and took his head with my naked hands. He couldn't resist my superhumanly power to hold his head. After he thought it was all over it was the turn for me to have deep thoughts. I gouged his right eye and left eye, led loose of my grip to see what he will do without 2 eyes and incredibly painful hands. He started running out of house. With the last piece of light came to his eyes before I gouged them out. He ran to the fields to northeast. I followed him but he was fast, at the first chance I tackled him with my right foot, I hit him so strong that both of his right and left legs were out of coordination. He was crawling at the fields for his life. I quickly went back to the house which had a great slaughter at her door. Quickly took the spear with my left hand and went back to fields. His blood trails were polluting the soil. I had to kill him. Found him near another house, jumped onto his front and kicked him in the head, his skull cracked. After it he was suffocating and delusionlar, acting crippled and only several minutes away to death. With all of my force I stabbed into his skull, he was dead. So I continued my slaughter with my 300th kill...

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 14, 2010, 06:30:44 am »

After getting both my legendary lasher's feet chopped off by a bandit ringleader, I kind got pissed off:
- threw the whip at a random maceman, bashing his skull in
- wrestled a stack of bolts off a crossbowman
- stabbed the ringleader's foot with an opportunity attack, making him fall
- choked the crossbowman to make him faint
- retrieved both my chopped feet
- dual-wielded the feet
- proceeded biting everyone's nose and bashing their face in with said feet

I actually managed to prevail, questing like crazy with my band of peasants (they are vicious with their knives!) until I got ambushed by goblins and raped...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1104